Chapter 7

Scott must've sat on the floor in his room for hours.

He didn't even move. He just.. Sat there.

Scott only got up to go to the bathroom, but his Alpha ears picked up on an argument in the living room.

"Alpha, I respect you with my whole being. I really do. But you can't just.. Can you? Can you tell My Alpha and I how to have a relationship? Isn't he an Alpha?" Mitch was asking Avi.

Scott inched closer, and looked down the hall.

Kevin wasn't out there but Avi was standing in front of Mitch near the couch.

It didn't really look like an argument, it just looked like Mitch asking a legitimate question.

"I have control over him, as well as you. I'm just trying to protect you Mitchell." Avi explained.

Mitch put a hand on his hip. "Then you give us a safe word, you don't tell him how to handle me. I understand that you're in charge, believe me I do. But he has some control too, doesn't he? Otherwise, why is he an Alpha?"

Avi raised an eyebrow. "Dial it down, Omega. I see where you're coming from. Maybe I don't give him enough power. Maybe I treat him like I treat Kevin. But I expect a lot from him. I give him a lot of responsibility. I just want to keep you safe."

Mitch dropped the hand from his hip. "Sorry, Sir. But.. He would never hurt me."

"He has a lot of power Mitchell. I just don't want him misusing it. Especially if he uses it against you." Avi said before he noticed Scott walking down the hall.

"Am I allowed to speak to my Omega?" Scott asked sarcastically.

Avi glared at him. "Don't give me attitude. You may."

Avi sighed, and then looked back at Scott. "Maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe I'm trying to control something that isn't mine to control. Maybe I'm over protective of Mitch."

Scott huffed and nodded.

Avi glared at him, and then continued. "Maybe I'm just afraid that someone as powerful of an Alpha as Scott, could do serious damage to an Omega."

"I would never hurt him."

Avi sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I used to believe you. Then I heard Mitchell yell for help this morning. Now I'm not so sure."

"It was just a misunderstanding." Scott said again.

"The smell of his fear alone made my eyes change color. I can't believe you, if he didn't. I think he really thought you were going to do something to him." Avi argued.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. He turned to Mitch, who was looking at the ground. "Is that true, Mitchie?"

Mitch shrugged.

"Answer me with words, Omega." Scott commanded angrily.

Mitch shivered at his tone. "Sir, I can't help what I smelled like to an Alpha."

"But were you afraid of me? Did you really believe I was going to do something to you?" Scott asked softly.

Mitch shifted awkwardly, keeping his eyes on the floor.

Avi took a step towards him. "That's two times an Alpha has addressed you and you have ignored him. You're on thin ice." He growled.

"Sir, I am so sorry. But I don't want to make him angry. I don't want to say anything wrong." Mitch explained, meeting Avi's eyes.

Avi raised an eyebrow. "So you're afraid of his anger?"

Mitch thought for a second. "Well, of course."

Avi smiled, and made a little, "Huh."

Scott got deffensive then. "He thrives on my happiness. So what?"

Avi shook his head. "Nothing."

Mitch sighed. "Can I speak my mind for a second, without one of you calling me Omega or telling me to speak up?"

Scott cringed, while Avi put his hands on his hips and his eyes began to fade into a different color.

"You can try. I'm already angry at you, so I guess you have nothing to lose." Avi grumbled.

Mitch gulped and regretted ever even opening his mouth. "I-I-I'm so s-sorry. B-but I-I just w-wanted to s-s-"

Avi shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry, Mitchell. You'll have to try again. Deep breath first."

Mitch took a shaky breath. "I-I.. I'm not afraid of you, Scott. I'm just so scared that I'll do something that will make you not want me anymore."

Mitch looks up at Scott as his chin starts to wobble.

Scott sees the tears beginning to form and he immediately grabs him in a warm hug.

Mitch sobs into Scott's shoulder as his whole body is engulfed into
Scott's.

Mitch chokes out words between sobs. "Avi keeps talking about.. How strong you are.. And how amazing you are.. So what happens when you realize you deserve.. You deserve an outstanding omega to reward you for that.."

Scott pulls away and holds Mitch by the shoulders. "You think you are anything less than outstanding?"

Mitch continues to cry as he nods. "Mhmm."

Avi finally speaks up. "Mitch. Scott deserves nothing more than you. You are one of the best Omegas I've ever come across. Why do you think I chose you to be in my pack? You're selfless, and a beautiful person inside and out. That's all an Alpha could ever need."

Mitch looks over his shoulder and sniffles. "You really think so?"

Avi nods. "Of course. Scott is strong and extremely intelligent. If he thought he deserved better, he would have let you know. He hasn't said anything, has he? You make him happy. You're all he needs. Don't stress about it."

Mitch looked a little less intimidated now. The tears silently came down while Scott rubbed his back.

Scott kissed his forehead. "Why are you still crying?" He asked gently.

Mitch shook his head. "You guys are just.. I love you guys. I love our pack. I don't ever want to lose you. Thank you for letting Scott become my Alpha."

Avi nodded and smiled at him.

Scott wiped some of Mitch's tears from his face. "Avi, can I ask you something? It's really important."

Mitch looked between the two of them. "Oh, sorry. Excuse me." He began to leave, but Scott grabbed his wrist.

"Why don't you stick around for this, sweetie?" Scott suggested with a grin.

Avi stood up straighter. "I'm listening."

"Do I have your permission to mark Mitchell Grassi?" Scott asked bravely while pulling Mitch into his side.

A smile crept onto Avi's face. "Not only do you have my permission, but my blessing as well."

Scott smiled at Avi. "Thank you, Sir. And the punishment rule? You trust me with him?"

Avi nodded and looked at Mitch, before looking back at Scott. "I trust you. Take care of him, Scott."

Scott glanced down excitedly at Mitch, but his smile faded when he noticed Mitch wasn't wearing a smile of his own. "What's wrong, Mitchie?"

"Nothing. We'll talk later." Mitch said and then nervously turned around to leave.

Avi and Scott watched Mitch leave and then turned to each other and shrugged.