Chapter 80

Scott and Mitch were now walking towards the cabin, making minimal conversation.

Scott was very concerned about Kirstie's situation, and Mitch was well aware of what would happen if Avi got near her.

Scott knocked once, waited, and then walked in.

Mitch followed close behind, waving at Kevin as soon as he saw him.

Kevin smiled and bookmarked his book. "Hey. How was the walk?"

Mitch shrugged and Scott mumbled, "Mitch almost fell in a river."

Kevin stood up quickly. "He what? Are you okay, Mitch?"

Mitch smiled and nodded. "I just tripped, it's fine. Scott caught me anyways."

Kevin raised an eyebrow. "And that didn't hurt your shoulder, Sir?"

Scott shook his head. "Nah. Getting better I think. How's Kirstin? Has Avi come back yet?"

Kevin glanced down the hallway while he spoke. "She's alright. She's quieted down a bit since you left. Avi hasn't come home."

Mitch frowned. "Hope they're okay.."

"Avi is very capable of handling himself." Kevin said with a reassuring smile.

Mitch turned to him. "I know that. And I know Kirstie's pretty tough. But.. Is their relationship going to be okay?"

Scott was staring blankly at the wall beside Kevin, lost in thought. "Least of our worries right now."

Both Mitch and Kevin looked concerned. Kevin spoke up quietly, "is it? Seems like kind of a big deal, if you ask me."

"Good thing I didn't ask you, Beta." Scott bit back, still staring at something.

Mitch cautiously approached him and set a hand on his shoulder. "Sir? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Don't I look okay?" Scott said sarcastically.

Mitch removed his hand. "Excuse me for caring."

"Don't sass me, Mitchell."

Mitch crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Kevin. "Do you have any idea where Avi went?"

Kevin pondered that. "Actually he's probably somewhere near-"

"Don't you dare, Mitchell. Now you're just trying to make me mad." Scott said, turning to glare at Mitch.

Kevin shrunk back while Mitch puffed out his chest a little. "Oh, Heavens no. I would never!" He said sarcastically.

Scott glared daggers at him. "Do you want a punishment? Is that it? Because that's where you're heading."

"Well if it will get you to stop thinking about Kirstin for one second, and get you to quit being an ass to Kevin-"

"Enough." Scott growled.

Mitch froze, and Kevin cringed.

Scott grabbed Mitch's forearm. "You're disobeying me, giving me attitude, and you just cursed at me. I'm done giving you chances, Omega. Do you understand? Avi would have had you bent over his knee the moment any of that sass came out of your mouth."

"I understand, Sir." Mitch replied quickly, tears filling his eyes.

Scott began to pull him away, but Mitch suddenly stopped walking. "S-Sir?"

Scott flipped around, more angry than he should've been. "What?"

"I think The Alpha's come home.."