Chapter 111

Avi just blinked at him. "Excuse me?"

Scott half shrugged. "I just don't want to talk about it, is all."

"Well you have to. You won't fully accept yourself until you let this out." Avi explained.

Scott glared at him. "It's actually none of your business. You can know all about Mitch's past, I don't care. But don't you start in on me. I don't have to tell you anything."

Avi gave him a hard stare, but let it go. "Fine. Just answer my question. What's your worst fear?"

"Not being good enough."

*******

Scott sat in his room all day, requesting to be alone.

He didn't even let Mitch in.

That's when you know it's really bad.

Kevin hoped to keep Mitch distracted by having him help distribute the food to everyone.

But Mitch was so heartbroken about being rejected, nothing seemed to work.

Mitch had never heard Scott open up like that.

Even just that much.

Mitch felt almost bad for taking all of Scott's attention away from himself.

Kevin watched as Mitch set the table, appearing to be lost in thought.

Avi walked up behind him and gave him a small hug, setting his head on Mitch's shoulder. "You're alright.. Everything's alright."

Mitch's hands fell numbly on the table to still his movements. "I know.. Just.. Why doesn't he want me?"

"He does, Peanut. He does. He's just hurt right now." Avi said gently.

"But shouldn't I be helping him if he feels that way?" Mitch asked even quieter.

Avi hummed in his ear. "Yeah.. But not right now. He just needs some alone time."

"Was I too clingy?"

Avi hugged him a little tighter, as they both stared at Mitch's small hands. "No, Pup. It has nothing to do with you.. He just needs time to remember his self worth. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Mitch nodded.

"Mitchell.."

"Yes, Sir. I'm sorry..."

Kevin walked out then, holding plates of food. "Anyone hungry?"

Mitch frowned at the food.

No. He most certainly was not.

Avi finally released Mitch so he could take a seat, while Avi went to retrieve Kirstin.

Mitch sat by Kevin and leaned his head on his shoulder.

Kevin wrapped an arm around him with a small 'aw'.

"Mitchie.. It's all going to be okay."

"You don't know that. You know a lot.. But you can't possibly know that." Mitch said sadly.

Kevin rubbed his shoulder a little, before pulling away completely. "I'm sorry. You guys will be just fine. You always are. He loves you a lot, Mitchie. Really."

Mitch sat slouched in his chair, staring at his empty plate, when Kirstin walked in the room and sat on the other side of Kevin.

Avi sent Kirstin into the room, and then hesitantly approached Scott's door.

He tentatively knocked, and then walked inside.

Scott was just sat on the edge of the bed staring at the floor.

Avi walked in the room and sat next to him, not saying a word.

Scott didn't acknowledge his presence in any way.

Avi put a hand on his shoulder, but Scott shrugged it off. "Don't. I don't need your pity."

"I guess it's a good thing I'm not pitying you then. I'm here to tell you you're being an ass." Avi said blatantly.

Scott didn't move, didn't even blink. "Okay."

"So.. You're being an ass. Your Omega needs you." Avi said after a minute.

Scott still didn't move. "Tell him I'm sorry."

"Why don't you tell him?"

Scott sighed and closed his eyes. "I'm busy."

"Oh come on." Avi said finally. "You're never too busy for him. Usually can't tear you two apart. Now you're completely ignoring him, and it's hard to watch."

Scott finally looked at him. "Then don't watch. It's none of your business."

Avi stared at him in disbelief. "Are you kidding me right now? You two would literally die for each other. What the fuck are you even doing?!"

Scott blinked once and then looked away. "You wouldn't understand. Can't I have any time to myself?"

"Not when your Omega is sitting out there self destructing, and you're letting it happen." Avi grumbled out.

Scott stood up. "You know what? Fine. Let's go."

Avi stood and walked outside the room, but stopped Scott with a hand on his chest. "He just needs to know that you still love him. When I said take care of yourself, I didn't mean shut out the one person who really cares about you."

Scott gave him a curt nod, and then walked past him into the dining room.

Kevin was setting more food on the table, Kirstie was smiling to herself, and Mitch was staring at his plate like he might cry.

Scott just sat down next to Mitch without a word.

He could smell Mitch's scent change, hoping Scott would say something.

But he didn't.

Mitch fiddled his hands in his lap, afraid to make any contact.

Kevin finally stopped moving around and sighed. "Alright. Well. Let's eat!"

He starting putting food on his plate, while Avi started portioning out Kirstie's plate.

Scott still didn't move.

Mitch felt tears pushing at the back of his eyes.

Avi finally set Kirstin's plate back down, grabbed his own, and then set it down too.

He glared at Scott. "Are you going to feed your Omega, or should I do it?"

Scott shrugged.

Avi sighed and snatched up Mitch's plate angrily. "You're going to eat everything I put on this plate, understand? Your fucking Alpha doesn't care, but I still do. Okay?"

Mitch nodded at the same time Scott grumbled. "I do too care."

Kevin gave Avi a disapproving look. "Alpha.. Watch your tone. Mitchie didn't do anything. It's Scott you're angry with. Don't take it out on the Omega."

Avi glared at Kevin, finished packing food onto Mitch's plate, before practically dropping it in front of him. "Eat."

Mitch instantly picked up his fork and got to work.

They all ate in silence, Scott just sitting there staring at nothing.

He didn't mean to be an ass.

He just didn't like thinking about his past.

And he absolutely didn't want Mitch to find out about it.

Avi didn't need another reason to make fun of Scott.

And Mitch didn't need to see this side of Scott.

The weak side.

******