Chapter 83

Mitch was making lunch, when Avi came moping through the kitchen.

Mitch glanced at him for a brief second before turning back to the sandwiches he was making. "Everything alright, Sir?"

Avi stood beside him and shrugged. "Just feeling really down. Without Kirstin's energetic personality, I've just been drained. And Scott gets more and more tired everyday, and his lack of input screws me up."

Mitch delicately cut the sandwiches diagonally to make it appear nicer. "Would you like me to make some coffee for you two?"

"Thanks, but a group of several Alphas are going shopping to keep the cabins stocked up on food so I think I'm going to tag along. Eventually Scott is going to finish off all the apples and I want to get a head start on his mental breakdown of no fruit. You know how it is. I'll probably just stop by Starbucks on the way back."

Mitch nodded. "Want some lunch first? I made you a sandwich."

"Yes please. Scott was walking towards the bathroom last I saw him, so if you'd like to drop his off down the hall.." Avi said, taking his sandwich from Mitch's small hands.

Mitch nodded and picked up the other two plates to carry down the hall.

He stopped in front of their bedroom door. "Alpha?" He called through the door.

"Yeah?" Scott groaned.

Mitch looked down at his shoe. "I-I made you some lunch.. Can you open the door?"

Scott got off the bed and walked towards the door. "I'm going to get rid of that stutter of yours if its the last thing I do. You don't have to be afraid of me. Ever."

Just before Scott opened the door, Mitch mumbled, "yes Sir."

Scott took his sandwich from Mitch's hold, and led Mitch to sit on the bed with him.

They sat and ate in silence, before Mitch spoke up. "How's your shoulder feeling?"

"A lot better, actually."

Mitch smiled as he watched Scott take another bite.

Mitch looked at his plate. "Why are you so tired all the time? Are you not sleeping well?"

"Just having a lot of nightmares, I guess." Scott shrugged, moving on to the second half of his sandwich.

Mitch hummed in thought. "You know you can talk to me about anything."

Scott smiled at him. "I know. It's not a big deal. I'll tell you if it gets worse, okay?"

Mitch nodded and looked back down at his plate.

Scott leaned over a little. "You better eat all of that."

*******

After lunch, Avi left to get groceries with the group of Alphas.

As he was leaving he called to Scott, "What do you want me to order for Mitchell that doesn't have coffee in it?"

Scott looked at him from across the room and shrugged. "He likes vanilla frappuccinos."

Avi nodded. "And for you?"

Scott and Mitch both spoke at the same time. "Iced Coffee."

Scott stared at Mitch who had a proud smirk on his face.

Avi shook his head and left.

Scott just kept staring at him. "Why do you know that?"

"We got Starbucks together a while ago. Remember?"