Chapter 51

(A/N)

I'm not sure when I'll be home again..

So I'm just posting super early.

Oh whale.

******

Avi pulled over and turned his body around to look at Scott who was opening a door and sliding out of the car, trying not to bump Mitch.

Avi got out of the car and closed the door.

Mitch sat up and watched the interaction.

He turned and looked at Kevin, who woke as well. Kevin just shrugged.

Avi stood in front of Scott. "Why-"

Scott hugged the life out of the shorter Alpha.

Avi didn't react for a second, until he wrapped his arms around Scott.

Scott exhaled deeply into Avi's shoulder. "Jesus, Av. Don't say that. God, don't say that.. If I'm freaking out, imagine how Kirstin would have reacted. Or Mitch. They need you Avi. Kevin needs a leader. We all fucking depend on you so much. You can't just say that. You're my best friend. My leader. The Alpha I look up to. You're my fucking hero, Avi."

Avi let go of Scott, causing Scott to pull back and look him in the eyes. "W-What?"

Scott grabbed Avi's shoulders. "You think of yourself as just another Alpha. An expendable part of our pack. But you're literally the only thing holding us together. You're one of the strongest Alphas in the whole area. Your pack.. They look at you almost like a father. Especially Mitch. You know he never had that kind of strong role model in his other pack. You're practically their dad. You raised them to be obedient, and strong.. And to me? You're like an older brother." His voice cracking at the last part.

Avi looked concerned, but Scott just hung his head and kept talking. "And God.. I look up to you like you're a fucking celebrity. We would be nothing without you. Nothing."

Avi blinked at him a few times, and Scott picked his head up to look at him.

Avi threw his arms around him, and Scott did the same. Avi kept his voice low. "Thank you, Scott. Jesus.. Thank you so much."

******

The car ride resumed, and when there was only a half hour left, everyone woke up again.

And by everyone, I mean Kevin and Kirstie.

Mitch was awake the whole rest of the time after seeing Scott get so emotional.

Kevin woke up and leaned over the middle seat to look at Scott.

Scott glanced at him and then smirked. "He lives! Thought you were in a coma back there."

Kevin smiled sarcastically. "Ha, ha, ha. Just be lucky I was asleep and not throwing up all over you."

Mitch groaned. "Thanks for the visual."

Kevin smiled. Kirstin sat up. "Oh my God!"

Mitch jumped, and Scott laughed.

Avi looked over at her for a moment. "Thought you were asleep, honey. What's wrong?"

Kirstie spun in her chair to look at him. "I figured it out!"

Kevin sat up, curious about new information as usual.

Avi decided to take the bait. "Figured what out?"

"A bunch of bananas are called a hand because the bananas are like a ton of fingers!" Kirstie said excitedly.

Avi looked at her incredulously.