Chapter 167

A few hours before Scott's parents were due to arrive, Kevin said that he'd cook dinner if someone could go out and buy the ingredients.

Scott decided he would do it.

Travis was busy talking with Todrick anyhow about whether it was safe to go home or not.

Scott had grabbed his keys and was almost out the door when he noticed all the Omegas were standing behind him.

He turned and raised an eyebrow. "Yes...?"

Kirstie stood up a little taller. "Can we come with you?"

Scott gave them all a sympathetic smile. "I can't possibly protect all of you. I'm sorry, guys. It'll be quicker if I just go by myself."

Avi came up behind them and tapped Kirstin's shoulder. "Kevin wants to know if you'll help him cook dinner after Scott comes back."

She nodded once and turned to walk towards the kitchen.

Avi then turned to the other two Omegas. "And what do you think you're doing?"

Mitch glanced at Alex, and then faced Avi again. "We wanted to go with my Alpha to the store..."

Avi then looked to Scott for his answer.

Scott sighed and leaned against the front door. "I'm sorry you guys. I just don't have the energy right now to protect you two. Mitch, literally every time we have gone outside the house, something happens to you. And I swear it's because you're the most attractive thing I've ever seen. But I just can't handle that right now. I'm sorry."

Avi nodded in understanding. "That's fine. They understand. You look like you need a nap. Maybe I should just go instead."

"No, it's fine. I can do it." Scott said, opening the door.

Mitch gave Scott a hug, and then disappeared somewhere down the hall.

Alex was still standing there. "I.."

Scott turned one more time, and Avi gave him a pleading look, not wanting to upset Travis' Omega. "Can you take Alexander? He's large- looking. No one will even know he's an Omega unless he's standing right next to them."

Scott shook his head and walked out of the house. "I guess."

Alex barely heard him, but eagerly chased him outside when he understood.

Avi just shook his head at them, closing the front door.

********

The two were still in the car, and Alex had already thanked him about six times.

When he said it for a seventh time, Scott shook his head. "You're sweet. But Jesus, please stop."

Alex nodded quickly. "Thank you.. Sorry. I can just be quiet, if you want."

"No, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry, Al. I'm just tired." Scott said slowly.

Alex nodded and looked out the window.

Scott suddenly wondered something. "Hey.. I hope this isn't weird. But.. Do you know why you were chosen to be an Omega? I just mean.. You're huge. Like.. Taller than I am, possibly."

"Must be my personality, I guess. I don't really like violence.. And I wouldn't ever want to hurt anyone. But I'm not intelligent enough to be a Beta. So, Omega it is." Alex explained.

"Does that bother you? Like.. Would you want to be anything else?"

Alex hummed as he thought about that a second. "Not really. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have Travie looking out for me. I love being an Omega."