Chapter 52

Several packs were now settling into different cabins in the hidden area.

They were friendly enough. But an unspoken question still rang through the whole camp.

What happens if they find us?

Scott had claimed the bedroom furthest from the front door for he and Mitch, while Kevin took the one next to them, and Avi volunteered himself to be closest to the front door.

The bedrooms were lined up in the back of the cabin, a hallway connecting the rooms and the rest of the cabin.

There was a bathroom near the bedrooms, and another one connected to the living room.

Scott was helping Mitch hang things in the small closet in their room, when Avi walked in.

"Scott, I need you a second." Was all he said before he disappeared down the hall.

Scott handed Mitch the hanger he was holding and gave him a small kiss on the forehead before following Avi.

Scott closed the door behind him, and walked down the hall.

Avi turned into what looked like a small coat closet, and waved Scott over.

Scott looked confused, but Avi pushed him in before he had the chance to question it.

Avi crammed in the closet with him, and then closed the door.

Scott's chest was practically pressed against Avi's as Avi tried to find a light switch.

Scott cleared his throat awkwardly. "No homo.."

Avi actually cracked up at that. When he found the light switch, Scott smiled as he watched Avi laugh, eyes crinkling at the sides.

Something none of them had seen in a while.

Avi wiped one of his eyes. "Jesus."

Scott smiled at him. "That was cute."

Avi frowned. "Fuck off. I just don't want to say this in front of any of them.. Just listen a second okay?"

"Maybe now is a bad time to mention my claustrophobia.." Scott mumbled.

"You don't have claustrophobia. Just chill a second. I-I know you don't want to talk about this.." Avi trailed off.

Scott looked at him, concern drawn out all over his face. "Then why are we talking about it?"

"It needs to be said."

"Then say it."

Avi sighed and looked down at where their chests were almost touching. "Scott.. If anything happens to me, when this all goes down.. You have to promise me you'll protect her.."

"Avi. No. We're not doing this right now-"

Avi's head snapped up and he met Scott's eyes. "We have to. Just promise me."

"No. Nothing is going to happen to you." Scott rushed out, and reached for the door handle to get out of this closet and also this horrible conversation.

Avi's hand met his there, and he pulled it away from the handle. "Scott. Promise me. You're the strongest warrior in this whole camp. Promise me. Please.."

Scott sighed and met his eyes again. "I promise."

Avi let out a relieved exhale. "Thank you.. And.. Make sure she knows that I loved her so much.. And.. Even though I'm dead, I'm not gone. And if there was one thing I was thinking when I left, it was how much I was going to miss her."

Scott felt tears pushing at the back of his eyes. "Oh God. Stop."

Avi took a shaky breath. "Tell her that she changed me.. She was the sunshine in my cloudy life.."

"Avi. Stop it." Scott reached for the door again, but Avi pulled it closed.

Avi bit his lip and continued. "Make sure she's loved like she deserves to be. And she has to know that.. I'm so sorry I've failed her."

Scott shook his head and pushed Avi away from him in the small space.

He grabbed the door and was out of there before Avi could even blink, let alone try to stop him.

Scott practically ran back to his room.

He slammed the door closed behind him, and before Mitch could even wonder why, Scott had him wrapped up in a warm hug.

Scott felt like crying, though he never would. "Mitchie..."

"Yes sir?" Mitch replied, hands coming up to rest on Scott's back.

"Promise me you'll never leave me." Scott mumbled.

Mitch pushed back. "Sir? What is this.. Are you okay?"

Scott's frown never left his face. "Just promise me you won't leave."

"I would never."

Scott shook his shoulders. "Promise me!"

"I promise, Sir." Mitch said panicked.

Scott slowly slid to his knees, and he hugged Mitch's waist tightly. "I'm sorry. God, Mitch I'm so sorry. I'm sorry you're in this mess.. And I'm sorry I might lose to The Counsel.. I'm sorry they'll probably kill me, and come after you. I'm so sorry."

Mitch just watched Scott self destruct. "Sir.. Where is this coming from? You're not going to lose. You have nothing to apologize for."

Scott just rested his head on Mitch's hip bone. "I'm so sorry." He whimpered.

That.

That broken whimper.

That's what pushed Mitch over the edge.

Mitch dropped down to his knees as well, and cupped Scott's face in his hands. "Tell me you love me."

Scott looked at him with empty eyes. "I love you."

Mitch leaned in and kissed him. When he pulled back he met Scott's lovely blue eyes again. "That's all I could ever ask for. Your love. You never have to apologize for anything.. Because I love you too. And my whole life.. I've only known one thing for sure."

Scott stared at him intently.

Mitch changed his eyes from brown to his Omega blue. "I'm all yours."

Scott stared at the beautiful blue, and let his eyes flash red.

And right there, sitting on his knees, Scott leaned forward and bit Mitch's neck again.

Mitch let out a loud yelp, but it was quickly replaced by a moan.

Scott only let the bite last a moment before he pulled away and stared at the Mark.

He'd never been more proud of anything in his life.

*******