Chapter 136

When the food arrived, Mitch was practically squirming.

The instant Scott's plate was set down, he picked up his fork and shoveled a little bit of salad into Mitch's mouth.

Scott conducted a small routine of feeding a little to Mitch, and then feeding himself while Kevin carried on light conversation with the others about the family gathering coming up.

Avi smiled as he thought of his family. "Hey Rookie, I think you and my sister will really get along."

Scott raised an eyebrow at him before feeding more of his salad to the hungry Omega beside him. "Oh really? Why?"

"She is like.. The polar opposite of me. So, you should just love her." He finished with a wink.

Kirstie suddenly turned to Kevin. "Didn't you tell me once that you have like.. Six siblings?"

Kevin smiled. "Five, actually. Four sisters and one brother."

Avi mumbled a small, "Jesus."

Kirstie maintained her smile though. "That's awesome! I can't wait to meet them."

Kevin's smile faltered a second. "Well.. My parents will be the only ones that come down. But I'm sure you'll meet the others eventually."

Kirstie just nodded and turned her attention back to the food Avi was feeding her.

Kevin took another bite of his burger, before looking at Mitch. "Also, I should've told you earlier, but your sister can't come either. She left your parent's pack a while ago, and they are unsure how to contact her."

Scott felt bad, but Mitch appeared unaffected by the news. "I figured. Thanks for trying though."

Scott waited before feeding Mitch another forkful of lettuce. "She already left.. So she's probably the older sister, yes?"

Mitch nodded, and opened his mouth a little for the food.

Kevin looked at all of them individually. "Okay.. So we have a Grassi sister, five Olusola siblings, one Kaplan sister.. Scott? How about you? And Kirstie?"

Scott spoke quickly. "None of my family is coming. That includes my two sisters."

Kirstin shrugged when Kevin looked at her. "I have a half-sister, but I honestly have no idea where you would find her."

Kevin nodded slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that. Geez. Lots of sisters in this pack."

Mitch nodded with a grin. "Lots of them. Six."

Kevin gave him a small smile. "That's actually eight and a half. But you were close." He spoke quietly, not wanting to be rude.

Scott fed Mitch the last bit of the salad, as Mitch pouted. "I don't like math."

Avi smiled at him and continued to share his meal with Kirstin. "Nobody really does, Peanut. The people that do, are just good at it."

Scott nodded. "Did they give you guys lots of math classes in Omega School?"

Mitch looked at Kirstin before shaking his head. "Not really. Lots of health classes, and culinary for taking care of people. A little psychology, some English.. And lots of obedience training."

Kirstin leaned forwards, intrigued. "What about Alpha School?"

Avi half-shrugged. "A little bit of everything. Lots of physical education and criminology. Then I had a few leadership classes while Scott took some military classes."

Mitch looked at Scott in awe. "You wanted to be in the military?"

Scott pursed his lips before answering. "No. I took them to be accepted into Avi's pack. To prove I could follow orders, and be disciplined with the strength I had."

Knowing better than to let Scott think about this topic too much, Avi changed the focus of the conversation. "And I can assume that Beta School was literally everything?"

Kevin smiled and nodded. "Chemistry, physics, calculus, statistics, geology, anatomy, biochemistry, neuroscience, biology, genetics, psychology, economics, sociology, anthropology, political science--"

"Dear God." Avi interrupted.

Kevin chuckled lightly. "I know. Pretty intense stuff."

Mitch nodded dramatically. "I don't even know what most of those are. You're like.. A genius."

Avi grabbed his wallet to pay the check and grumbled, "You could say that."

Kirstin just stared at Kevin. "What's anthropology?"

"The study of humankind." Kevin said without missing a beat.

She nodded slowly. "What about neuro.. whatever..?"

Avi offered, "neuroscience, Kirstin."

Kevin had to take a moment to come up with an accurate definition. "Any or all of the sciences, which deal with the structure or function of the nervous system and brain. Things like neurochemistry and experimental psychology."

Kirstie kept staring at him. "Woah."

Kevin smiled and stood up after Avi put some money down on the table. "I'd gladly teach you some of it sometime, if you want. I even taught Scott a little math a while back."

Kirstin nodded with a huge smile. "I'd love that!"

Kevin held the door of the restaurant open for his pack as he continued to speak. "I've been dying to try and teach someone The Explicit Formula for the Fibonacci Sequence. Or even The Cardinality of the Continuum."

Kirstie grabbed Avi's hand as he walked towards the car. She smiled at Kevin. "I have no idea what you just said but I'd love to give it a try."

Scott hesitantly walked up to Mitch's side as they walked through the parking lot. "Do you feel better? Please tell me that we fixed you.."

Mitch gave him a small smile before looking down at his feet. "I'm okay now. I'm sorry I was all.. Frisky. It was very inappropriate and I'm very very sorry."

Scott grabbed Mitch's hand before bringing it to his mouth to give it a sweet kiss. "That's quite alright, Pumpkin. I just wanted my innocent little Mitchie back. The one that goes red in the face when I make a dirty joke. That blushes every time I tell him he's beautiful."

Mitch frowned. "Don't you want me to be all.. Experienced? Why would you want the awkward Mitch?"

"Because he's the one that I fell in love with."

Mitch blushed and looked back down. "That was sweet of you. You're such a sap."

Scott opened the car door and then sat in the middle seat, between Mitch and Kevin.

Avi started the car after he was sure that Kirstie was buckled in the passenger seat.

As he began driving away, he spoke loud enough for everyone in the car to hear him. "So when we get home I need you all to help me clean the house. And I need to see what you're all going to be wearing tomorrow."

No one said anything, so Scott decided to be the brave one. "Why do you have to judge our outfits?"

Avi's grip tightened almost unnoticeably on the steering wheel. "My parents. If they don't think I'm taking good care of my pack, they'll take me away from you guys."

Kirstie frowned. "You can't leave."

"That's why I expect you all to be on your best behavior."

Kevin nodded and glanced around at all of them. "We can do that."

*******