Chapter 112

Mitch was the last one finished with his meal, not surprisingly.

Kirstie stood and put both she and Avi's plates in the kitchen.

Avi raised an eyebrow at Scott, who still hadn't really moved. "You gonna eat something, Rookie?"

Scott shook his head.

Avi sighed. "What if I commanded you to do it?"

Scott just met Avi's eyes as his answer.

"Okay well I'm commanding you. You have to eat." Avi said.

Scott just stared at him.

Avi slammed his hands down on the table. "Scott! Damn it. Kevin, do the dishes or something. Take Kirstin. We'll be down the hall."

Kevin stood and pulled Kirstie to follow him.

Avi walked around the table, and pulled Scott up by his arm. "Follow, Mitchell. And don't repeat any of the bad words I'm about to say."

Mitch scrambled to follow them down the hall.

Avi pushed Scott into the room he shared with Mitch.

Mitch snuck in behind them, and slunk out of the way when Avi shoved Scott against the door.

Mitch gasped and his hands flew to cover his mouth.

Avi growled at Scott. "I've had just about enough of your shit attitude."

Scott just blinked. "Not my problem."

Avi gave him another shove. "Are you being fucking serious? What the hell is the matter with you?!"

Mitch whimpered somewhere behind him.

Scott glanced at him, before glaring at Avi. "Don't shout in front of him."

"Oh so now you care about him?"

Scott pushed back on Avi's shoulders. "I always cared."

"Could've fooled me." Avi said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Scott looked at Mitch then. "..You think I don't care?"

Mitch shifted awkwardly as he stared at the floor.

Scott shoved past Avi and came up in front of Mitch. "Answer me!"

Mitch jumped and squeezed his eyes shut. "You were being distant, and I didn't know if you- But I want you to take care of yourself- But please don't forget about me.."

Scott tilted his head slowly. "I could never forget about you."

Mitch kept his eyes squeezed shut. "I know. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said-"

Avi rolled his eyes and moved Scott out of the way. "Yes, you should have. He's been treating you like shit, and he needs to own up to it."

Scott turned around, offended, but Avi held up a hand.

"Don't you even start with me, Scott. He wants you to take care of yourself because he loves you. But when all you think about is yourself, you turn into a huge asshole and it's not fair to him." Avi finally let out.

Scott blinked at him, and then sighed. "You're right.. I'm sorry." He turned to Mitch then. "I'm really sorry, baby. You didn't deserve that.."

Mitch pouted at him. "Hug?"

Scott gave him a small smile, and then hugged his small body tightly.

Avi sighed and walked out of the room. Throwing a, "damn it, Scott." Over his shoulder.

Mitch just let himself be held. "I thought you didn't want me anymore.." He said, voice just above a whisper.

Scott squeezed him a little tighter. "I'm sorry you felt that way.. I'm sorry I'm such an ass."

"You're not a.. That word.." Mitch said quickly.

Scott gently started massaging the little hairs on the back of Mitch's neck. "Yes I am. But I'll fix it.. For you."

Mitch relaxed into his touch.

Scott pulled back a little, and kissed Mitch's soft lips for a brief moment.

Mitch smiled when he pulled back again. "Sir? I really love you.. I wish you loved yourself too.."

Scott pulled away. "Mitchie.. We can't do this right now."

"Why won't you tell me what happened to make you not love yourself? Whenever the topic comes up, you run away from it. But I just don't understand. You're so.. Lovable." Mitch said sadly.

Scott just smiled and looked at the ground. "I don't want you to see that side of me, alright? That's all."

"Alpha.. I respect that. I do.. Just..You found out about my past.. And you held me while I cried about it.." Mitch said with a pout.

Scott shrugged. "That's my job, baby. I don't need any help."

"But you don't love yourself.. And you should. Because you're beautiful too.. I think you need to be saved from yourself sometimes."

Scott smiled at him as he let Mitch's words sink in. "I love you, Sweetheart."

"I love you too."

******

After Scott ate some breakfast, he joined everyone on the couch.

Avi stood in front of them, glaring at Scott. "I have an idea. Scott won't like it. I don't care."

Scott raised an eyebrow at him. He pulled Mitch into his lap and inhaled his neck.

Avi smiled at him. "Ready? We're going to switch for a while. Scott will either be my Omega, or he'll be Mitchell's. Either way, you are not allowed to be an Alpha until you can take care of yourself. I'm not putting you in charge of someone else's well being, until you're capable of taking care of your own. Are we clear?"

Scott's mouth was hung open as he stared at Avi in disbelief. "You can't do that! I was chosen to be an Alpha by The Counsel. You can't just change my ranking."

"I just did. I know you're mad at me. But I need you to choose. My Omega? Or Mitchell's?"

Scott met Mitch's eyes for a second. He seemed just as uncomfortable as Scott was.

Scott then looked back at Avi. "He can't be an Alpha. He needs someone to take care of him."

Mitch sat up straighter. "I could try."

Scott started fumbling around with the little hairs on Mitch's neck again.

Mitch leaned into his touch.

Scott smirked. "Okay, no. Come on, Avi. You know he can't do it. Just let me take care of him. I'll fix myself, I promise."

Avi smiled at him again. "Nope. Not happening. It's settled. You're all my Omegas now. This'll be fun. Well, except Kevin."

Kevin put his fist in the air. "Woo hoo! Just um. Two conditions, okay? I know you're The Alpha. You're in charge. Just.. From an intellectual standpoint.. Please don't be too hard on Scott. It's tough for Alphas to act like Omegas. Especially one as powerful as Scott. And don't do anything to Mitch.. Scott will lose his mind. Deal?"

Avi smirked at Scott. "Deal."

******