Chapter 68

Scott was now sitting next to Avi on the edge of Kevin's bed.

Avi bit his lip to keep the pained noises inside as Kevin unwrapped his hand.

Kirstin held his other hand in her own, in case Avi needed to be reminded of her comforting presence.

Kevin gently held Avi's hand and analyzed it as best he could. "Hmm."

Avi ducked his head to try to catch his eye. "Good 'hmm'? Or bad 'hmm'?"

Kevin chuckled a little. "Just a regular old 'hmm'. The swelling has gone down significantly. Thank God for those Alpha healing genes of yours. It's not broken anymore. It probably still hurts, and I'd keep it wrapped for a while if I were you."

"But I don't have to?" Avi asked.

Kevin dropped his hand. "Well no. But if you don't it will hurt-"

"But I don't have to."

Kevin sighed in defeat. "No. You don't have to."

Kirstie ran her thumb over the back of his hand. "Alpha.. You're going to hurt it worse. What if it hasn't completely healed?"

Avi looked at her and pressed his lips together. "But.."

Kirstin shook her head. "No 'buts'. Just wear it one more day. For me?"

Avi searched her eyes for a moment, and then sighed. "Fine. Wrap the damn thing, Beta."

Kevin made quick work of wrapping Avi's damaged hand.

Avi let it fall to his lap when Kevin was done. "Alright, Scotty boy. Check him out, Doc."

Kevin smiled and walked over to Scott.

Mitch was sitting behind him with his hands around Scott's middle.

Kevin smiled at Mitch. "Will you help him get his shirt off?"

Mitch nodded and stood up to help him lift his shirt.

Scott hissed when he had to move his shoulder to get the shirt off.

Mitch kissed his temple briefly. "Careful." He said softly.

When he finally got it off, Mitch gasped at the color of Scott's shoulder.

It was an ugly shade of light purple and red.

Mitch covered his mouth with his hand. "Oh God."

Scott looked at Mitch suddenly. "Don't do that. This isn't your fault. It doesn't even hurt that bad, so knock that off."

Mitch nodded, dropped his hand from his face and stood up a bit straighter. "Yes, Sir."

Scott looked back down at the ground while Kevin lifted Scott's arm to wrap his shoulder.

Mitch held Scott's hand to keep his arm in the air.

Kevin thanked him and then began wrapping the gauze tightly around Scott's arm and torso.

When he was done, Scott let his arm drop and then slouched in his seat.

Kevin knelt down and looked down at his ankle. "Swelling has gone down.. Looks pretty normal, actually. How does it feel?"

"Normal." Scott said shortly.

"Have you tried walking on it? Does it hurt?" Kevin asked, still observing it.

Scott just shrugged.

Avi scooted closer to Scott. "I don't know what's up with you and Mitchell.. But it has nothing to do with Kevin. And you will treat him with respect, because he hasn't done anything to you. He's just trying to help. Do you understand me?"