Chapter 108

As soon as they returned to the hotel, Avi held Mitch and Scott back for a minute.

All the Alphas headed towards the doors of the hotel, but Avi stared at the two with concern. "How are you guys? I mean really?"

Scott shrugged but leaned down and took a breath of Mitch's scent. "Mitchie is just a little shaken up about the First Alpha getting all touchy with him. No physical injuries that I can see, or smell on him. Just a few bruises."

Avi nodded once. "And you?"

Scott shrugged. "Shoulder hurts. Head hurts a little. That's all."

"Are you lying to me, Alpha?"

"Maybe."

Avi turned to Mitch. "Is he lying to me, Peanut?"

Mitch stood on his tip toes to inhale Scott's overall scent.

He looked at Avi and nodded.

Scott just smirked.

Avi squinted at him. "Fine. Hey.. That reminds me. You embarrassed me earlier today in the car. Do you know that?"

"Oh, you mean when I threatened to kick that guy's ass? Yeah, I know. Sorry." Scott mumbled.

Avi sighed. "I don't accept your apology. Wanna make it even?"

"Not really. But okay. What do I have to do?" Scott asked.

"You'll let me carry you inside."

A pause.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows at him. "That seems like more of a punishment for you. Not me."

"I just don't want you to get hurt even more. Just let someone care for you, okay? Just for today. For me." Avi pleaded.

Scott sighed and walked up next to Avi to let him pick him up.

Avi smiled at him, and then put an arm under his knees to pick Scott up bridal style.

As they started walking inside, Avi began talking to Scott, making sure no one else heard.

It wasn't anyone else's business.

Avi smiled at him. "Thanks for saving me earlier."

"What are you on about?"

Avi smiled again as they walked down the hall towards their hotel room. "You pushed me out of the way, and you got hurt because of it. And I didn't get to thank you."

"Oh.." Scott looked down at his knees, right above Avi's other arm. "You're welcome.."

Mitch walked into their room and left the door open for Avi.

Just before walking in, Avi whispered one last thing. "I'd do the same for you, y'know."

Scott met his eyes for a second, and smiled.

Avi walked inside and carried Scott right to Kevin, who was sitting on the bed with Kirstie.

Kevin was on his feet in an instant. "Jesus! Is he okay?!"

Avi nodded and set Scott on the bed. "He's fine. Need you to check his shoulder again. It's worse this time. I think he dislocated it, but I dunno. And he got knocked out, but I don't know how much you can do about that."

Kevin nodded frantically and got to work, starting with pulling Scott's shirt off.

Kirstin stood in front of Avi, eyes wide.

He bent his knees a little and opened his arms.

A smile stretched across her whole face as she ran into his arms, Avi lifting her off the ground in his arms. "Hello, princess."

As soon as he set her back on the ground, she put both hands on his face and kissed him.

Kirstin pulled back and then kissed all the scars on Avi's face. "Are you okay, Sir?"

"Great, actually. Scott and I killed The First Alpha! Which is probably something I'll never forget." Avi said somewhat excitedly.

Kevin touched a spot on Scott's shoulder, causing him to yelp a little and flinch away.

Kevin apologized a few times, before continuing to work. "So, um. Alpha? Sir.. What exactly does this mean? No more Counsel?"

Avi shrugged and sat down on the bed, pulling Kirstin into his lap. "I dunno. I think we can go home soon, though. You know Travis. He'll call us in to explain or whatever sometime."

Kevin nodded. "Anyway.. Scott here, may have really done some damage this time. And um- Hey.. Where's Mitchie? He didn't even say hello."

Avi gave a sympathetic smile. "Well.. Mitchell got in a little situation.. The First Alpha did some inappropriate things to him, and he's just a little rattled."

Kevin gasped, still wrapping up Scott's shoulder in some gauze. "Oh wow! I hope he's alright.. Was he.. Raped?"

Avi shook his head quickly. "Lord, no. Thank God, huh?"

"Definitely. Well if he needs someone to talk to.. Betas have a lot of psychology training as well." Kevin suggested to Scott with a smile.

Scott have him a small smile. "Thank you.. I'll tell him."

Kirstie got up to use the restroom, and Avi walked over to Scott. "How's it looking, Doc?"

Kevin tapped Scott's shoulder with a few of his fingers to signal to him that he was finished. "Just needs to rest it. I can't be sure if its out of place, because it's too swollen to see."

Avi nodded slowly. "You really did it this time huh, Rookie?"

Scott shrugged, but winced as it hurt his shoulder.

Kevin gave him a sympathetic smile. "Go take care of Mitchie, alright? He needs you now more than ever. Remind him that it's not his fault you got hurt. Remind him that you'll never let anyone touch him inappropriately again."

Scott nodded a few times, before rising from the bed and walking over to the door that connected the two rooms.

He walked inside, closing the door behind him.

"Mitchie?" He said quietly, staring at Mitch's unmoving body slumped on the edge of the bed.

Mitch just turned his head to look at him, not saying a word.

Scott sat down beside him, hesitating before slinging an arm over Mitch's shoulders. "You alright, Sweetheart?"

Mitch flinched, but soon melted into his warm touch. "I'm just fine. Thank you."

"Mitchell."

"Hmm?"

"I can smell it."

"... Smell what?"

"Don't play games with me. I know you're upset. Just talk to me." Scott said finally.

Mitch's gaze shifted down to his lap. "I just.. I'll never get used to it.. It seems to happen a lot. But it never feels any different.."

"How does it feel then, baby?"

Mitch closed his eyes as he thought about the troubling experiences. "I feel dirty.. I feel like I've betrayed you.. And that's the last thing I ever want to do."

Scott's arm dropped from Mitch's shoulders to wrap around his waist. "You haven't done anything of the sort. He did this to you. It's my fault for not protecting you. But it was definitely not your fault."

Mitch was quiet for a minute.

Scott just kept him in a comforting hold.

Mitch opened his eyes to stare at his lap again. "I wish I could protect myself.."

"Well then you wouldn't need me, would you, darling?" Scott said with a smile.

"I'll always need you."

******