Chapter 46

"Exterminate? What the hell does that mean?" Avi said loudly.

Scott shushed him. "Do you want Kirstin to hear you say shit like that?"

Avi glared at him. "Don't curse at me."

Scott glared back. "Then don't-"

"Guys!" Kevin shouted.

Scott and Avi looked at him.

Kevin erratically waved his papers at them and started whisper shouting. "Don't you understand? This is like a Holocaust of Omegas! Don't you see? They're killing off the weakest ones! They're getting weak Omegas out of the genes! Am I making sense now?"

Avi and Scott were both speechless.

Scott finally spoke up. "A holocaust? But.. Why? Why get weak out of the genes? Aren't Omegas designed to be weak?"

Kevin set the papers down on the table and sighed. "I don't know. But we can't let it happen."

Avi's mouth was hanging open. "Wow.. I can't even believe that.. We're going to have to bring all the packs over again.."

Kevin nodded. "I can make some calls. Tomorrow morning would probably be best. We need to talk to them as soon as possible."

Avi nodded. "Fair enough. Like eight o'clock?"

Kevin nodded. Avi stood to leave, but Scott hesitantly asked him a question before he could. "What am I supposed to tell my Omega? Will he be invited to this meeting?"

Avi looked at Kevin. "No Omegas. They'll have to stay home but have the packs leave at least one or two Betas there in case, because Snatchers are still out in full force. Or maybe.. Just the Alphas at the meeting?"

Kevin nodded. "I'll be sure to tell them."

Kevin scurried off to go make calls, and Scott got up and faced Avi. "You still didn't.. What am I supposed to tell Mitch? Where will our Omegas be during the meeting if its in their own home?"

Avi shrugged and walked down the hall, Scott following. "I'm going to tell Kirstie.. But I'm going to be really gentle about it. So you're free to do the same."

Scott nodded and walked straight into his room.

Mitch was kneeling on the bed in his Omega position, and Scott froze when he saw him like that.

Scott swallowed hard when he closed the door. "You don't have to sit like that."

"It's my job, Sir. It was part of the obedience testing.. I just want to be the best Omega for you.." Mitch said quietly.

Scott sighed and walked over to sit down on the bed.

He sighed and closed his eyes.

Mitch scrambled over and sat next to Scott. His short legs allowed his feet to dangle, while Scott's could touch the floor. "Still worried about Kirstin?"

"Mitchell I have to tell you something. And I know it's going to scare you. But you need to remember that I will never let anything happen to you. Ever. Okay? Over my dead body."

Mitch looked at him worriedly. "I'm not sure I want to hear this.."

Scott draped an arm over Mitch's shoulders and hugged him sideways. "I know, Sweetie. But you have to hear this. Okay? If.. You want me to stop, I will. But I really need to tell you this."

"Do you not want to be my Alpha anymore? I.. I understand, but.." Mitch whispered.

Scott shook his head. "No. Stop that. I love you with every fiber of my being. Just listen. The.. Oh my God.. Okay. The Counsel is only failing the weak Omegas. And rather than sending them to other packs like they say they are, they're going to take them and do something awful to them. Almost every single pack is losing an Omega or two. Some packs are thinking they're going to.. They're going to exterminate the weak gene. They're going to kill all the weak Omegas so the weakness won't be passed on."

Mitch looked up at Scott with tears in his eyes. "Oh no.. Kirstin.. Sir, there aren't enough Omegas around to just go killing a bunch of them.. And without Omegas, there's no one left to reproduce.. Most packs have as few as one or two Omegas.. Barely any at all. And if there aren't any left.. No one can have children.."

Scott nodded and kissed Mitch's forehead. "I know, baby. I know. We'll stop this. We'll do something."

"What if they get rid of all the Omegas..? Or what if they try to toughen us up? Or what if-"

"Mitchell. Stop that. You're going to freak yourself out."

Mitch started subtly shaking. Scott wouldn't have noticed if he were any less observant. "Baby.. It's going to be okay.. We're all having a meeting tomorrow morning at 8. We'll figure this out."

"If you say so."

******