Chapter 173

Avi found Scott outside the house, sitting on the top of the car.

Avi looked up at the cloudy sky, and silently prayed that it wouldn't rain until he got Scott inside safely.

Avi walked over to the car and made sure to stand in Scott's line of sight. "Hey babe."

"Can you not call me that?"

"Why not? I call it like I see it." Avi said playfully, but also calmly.

Scott hesitated a second, before looking down to meet Avi's eyes. "Did you just call me a babe?"

"...Maybe. But what I really want to know, is why you left your Omega alone in your room, on the verge of tears. Tell me?"

Scott sighed, and then crossed his legs at the ankles in front of himself, using his arms to hold himself up. "I just need some time to think."

"I understand that. Can I ask you something, Rookie?" Avi asked quietly.

Scott nodded, and then watched as Avi climbed up the back of the car to sit beside him.

Scott moved over a little so Avi could sit comfortably.

Avi stared at the side of Scott's head, although Scott was looking straight ahead. "Alright, Rooks. What was your childhood really about? Your dad hit you?"

"Sometimes." Scott replied sharply.

"Why?"

"Because I'm a disappointment. I ruined both of my parent's lives." Scott said monotonously.

Avi sighed and looked out into the distance. "You know that isn't true, don't you?"

"I guess."

"Scott, there is nothing wrong with being a subordinate Alpha."

Scott just shook his head, not answering.

Avi frowned at him, and scooted closer to him. "Are you listening to me? There is absolutely nothing wrong with who you are. There is nothing wrong with your ranking, your behavior, or your Omega. Nothing wrong at all."

"How can you say that? You're the exact opposite of me. Female Omega, Lead Alpha... How could you possibly say that what I'm doing is okay? When you're doing the exact opposite?" Scott said defensively.

"How about if I tell you a secret?"

Scott finally looked over at him. "Okay..?"

"When Mitchell finally started getting better.. Finally started being himself.. I'm not going to lie to you. I thought he was fucking adorable. I thought if I helped him through his difficult life, Mitchell would really like me. He started acting like he might actually love me. Like in a.. Mating way. I swear to God, I would have Marked him if I hadn't met you that day." Avi admitted.

Scott just blinked at him, feeling a twinge of possessiveness deep down. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I didn't. My first point; you and Mitchell? You two are like destiny. Fate did you a favor. And you better not let such an amazing thing slip out from under you. Because if you don't appreciate the things that were given to you, Fate will take them away. And She doesn't give out second chances."

Avi sighed, and then continued. "My second point; I could've been like you. A second in command Alpha with a male Omega. Travis was my leader back then, remember? Then, when he left.. I would have been a Lead Alpha with a male Omega. Would you have treated me differently?"

"Of course not."

Avi raised his eyebrows once. "Well there you go. So why should anyone treat you differently for it? It's not like you're dating an Alpha."