Chapter 20

(A/N)

I'm glad you're all liking this story!!

I love you guys :)

******

Scott and Mitch stayed in bed for a while.

Mitch just sat there smiling, gently poking at his new Mark.

Scott watched him with a kind smile.

Mitch held his hand there as he turned and looked at Scott. "Are you watching me?"

Scott nodded. "I am. Why have you been poking at it for so long? I think it's very literally been an hour."

Mitch shrugged, and poked at it again. "I've just been wanting it for a really long time... That's all."

Scott nodded and sat up, resting his back on the headboard. "I'm sorry about that. I just.."

Mitch sat up too, and waited in case Scott was going to keep talking. When he didn't, Mitch leaned on Scott's shoulder. "You don't have to explain yourself. I understand."

Scott gently kissed the top of Mitch's head. "What do you think you understand?"

Mitch snapped his head up and met Scott's eyes. "No, no. I wasn't implying I knew what you thought. I just meant.. It's fine that you took your time."

Scott nodded. "Alright. I wasn't mad. I'm not mad at you, sweetheart. I was just asking."

Mitch relaxed at that. He put his head back on Scott's shoulder.

Scott had been staring straight ahead for a while, before he heard Mitch mumble something. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."

Mitch cleared his throat. "I said thank you."

Scott tipped his head so it was carefully lying on top of Mitch's. "What are you thanking me for?"

"Marking me."

Scott chuckled a little. "You don't have to thank me for that."

Scott moved his head, and Mitch moved too. Mitch just watched him, wondering if he wanted something.

Scott looked at him with a smile. "Now you won't have to worry about being hit on by anyone else but me. Now you're mine."

Mitch smiled back. "Thank goodness."

Scott leaned in and pecked Mitch's lips.

Mitch smiled again when they pulled apart. "Does it feel any different to you? I mean, I have this Mark on my neck and I could touch it if I wanted. But you don't.."

Scott thought about it for a second, before nodding. "Yeah. It's different. Like when I got up to go to the bathroom earlier, I felt like I was forgetting something. And whenever I touch you.. It's like.. It isn't like I'm kissing an Omega anymore. It's like... It's like I'm kissing my soulmate."

Mitch's smile nearly stretched across his whole face. "That's lovely."

Scott smile again, before sighing. "I should probably go tell Avi."

Mitch nodded. "I could tell him if you want. Or I could just walk past him. He'd know."

Scott laughed. "You want to surprise him? Go for it. But if he freaks out for a second, don't blame me."

Mitch giggled and stood up. "Come on. It'll be funny."

Scott shook his head fondly, but stood up anyway.

He followed Mitch out the door and prayed to whoever was listening, that Avi wouldn't actually panic about it.

*****

Scott quietly stood in the doorway, as Mitch walked into the kitchen.

Avi turned when he heard Mitch. "Good morning."

Mitch smiled and walked past him to pick up a mug to make Scott's coffee. "Morning, Alpha."

As soon as Mitch brushed past him, Avi's head snapped up.

Mitch grabbed the mug, but as soon as he turned around, Avi stood right in front of him with red eyes. "Mitchell."

"Yes, Sir?"

Avi took a deep breath, and squinted at him. "You're Marked."

Mitch set the cup down quickly, and he clapped excitedly. "I know! Isn't it great??"

Avi's eyes slowly faded back to their normal color. "It is. Where is Scott? I assume this is his doing."

Scott walked in then. "It is. I'm here."

Avi smiled at Mitch, before turning towards Scott. "Can we talk a second?"

Scott nodded, and Mitch instantly scurried out of the kitchen.

Avi watched him go, and then walked closer to Scott. "Are you sure about this?"

"Can't undo it, so I would hope I am." Scott answered.

Avi glanced over his shoulder and then began to whisper. "Please tell me you didn't do it just so that he wouldn't have nightmares."

"Well. I mean that was part of the reason." Scott said hesitantly.

Avi sighed. "That's what I was afraid of. He really cares about you, Scott. Don't mess with his feelings like that."

Scott shook his head in defense. "That's not the only reason though. I love him, I really do. His nightmares just.. Made me do it a little quicker is all."

"Just be careful. That's all I'm saying. Congratulations, Scott. Take good care of him." Avi finished.

Scott nodded. "Always do."