Chapter 124

Scott finally came out of his room, only in his boxers.

Avi was standing in the kitchen waiting for him. "Scott? Jesus, I wondered if you'd ever get up."

"You know I don't like being away from my Omega. Couldn't even crawl out of bed."

Avi smirked at him. "You were smelling his pillow, weren't you?"

Scott came up beside him, leaning on the counter. "Leave me alone. You're the one that sent him away. Now, what do you need my help for?"

Avi shrugged and looked away. "What kind of cleaning can you do?"

"Anything. Just tell me how to do it, and I'll do it." Scott said tiredly.

Avi raised an eyebrow at him. "You have a good attitude today. Very good boy, you are."

Scott pushed himself away from the counter and gave Avi a hard stare. "Anything to distract me from worrying about Mitch."

Avi rolled his eyes and walked over to the sink. "Don't be so dramatic. Mitchell is a tough cookie. He is going to be just fine. Kevin may not look like much, but he's a pretty strong Beta. You're worrying yourself over nothing. Want to help me unload the dishwasher? Putting things on the top shelves always makes you smile. You, giant, you."

Scott nodded and opened the dishwasher. "Are you trying to cheer me up? Cute."

"Shut up."

Scott grabbed some coffee mugs, and reached up to put them in a tall cabinet.

A comfortable silence fell over the two Alphas as they put dishes away.

Finally, when they were almost finished, Scott hunched forward and gripped the counter with white knuckles.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "So this is what it's like to crave something.. To get addicted to someone... And when they aren't around you.. You're not really living at all."

Avi halted his movements and stared at him. "Jesus, Rookie. He hasn't been gone a full hour and you're already talking like he moved to London."

Scott glared at him. "I just miss him. All I want is to make him forget that his heart was ever broken. But every time he goes somewhere without me, I can't stop thinking about what could happen to him. What pieces I'll have to put back together when he comes home."

Avi blinked a few times at him, before turning away to put another dish back in a cabinet.

Scott closed the dishwasher when the last plate was put away. "Don't ignore me like you don't know what I'm talking about."

Avi tried to give him a smile. "I just.. Try not to think about her being gone. Us being apart.. Just gives us time to appreciate it more when we're together. Do you see what I'm saying? Plus, both of our little babies really wanted to see that library."

Scott nodded. "Fine. Then let's not think about it. What else are we doing today?"

"Well to be completely honest with you, I would like to see your Submissive position again." Avi said with a small smirk.

Scott sighed. "Really? Is that really what you want, or are you trying to make me mad?"

"Little bit of both. Will you do it, or do I have to command you to do it?" Avi asked.

Scott shrugged.

"Okay well, there's something for you. Next rule. Rule #3: Let go of what you can't control. Kneel down, Omega."

******

Scott had his lip tugged between his teeth as he tried to concentrate on the correct position.

Avi stared down at him, arms over his chest. "No, your head has to be bowed down."

Scott obeyed.

Avi shook his head again. "Eyes."

Scott let his eyes flash red.

Avi circled around him. "This is very good. Very good, Omega."

He knelt down in front of Scott and lifted his chin with one of his fingers. "You're a good boy, Scott. I'm proud of you."

Scott gave him a small smile. "Thank you, Sir. C-Can I.. Um."

Avi rolled his eyes and stood back up. "You're starting to sound like Mitchell. Come on. You're an Alpha. Speak like one."

"But you want me to be an Om-"

"I want you to act like an Omega, so that I can take care of you like one. But I don't want you to forget who you really are. No stuttering. You hear me? If I hear you stutter, even just once, I'll bend you over the table and punish you like the Omega you're turning into." Avi said powerfully.

Scott huffed and looked up at him with his red eyes. "You are so confusing. I don't know what you want from me."

"I want you to be an Omega, without the weakness. Mitchell still needs your strength. I don't need you to be weak and afraid. I just need you to surrender to me so that I can help you." Avi evaluated.

Scott bowed his head again. "Okay.. No weakness. No fear. No stuttering.. Just my full submission to you."

"That sounds better. Now, what did you want to ask me?"

"I just wanted to ask if I could stand up. I'm starting to get a cramp."

******

As soon as Kevin unlocked the door, Mitch bolted past him to find Scott.

He ran past the living room, only to find Scott standing in the kitchen.

Mitch jumped on him, unfortunately catching him off balance and knocking them both to the floor.

Scott cried out a little at the sudden shock of pain from his shoulder, but held Mitch nonetheless.

Mitch held on as tight to Scott as he could.

He leaned up to stare at Scott, who looked very far beyond simply confused. "What's wrong, Sweetheart? Are you okay?"

Mitch nodded, but tears started building up in his eyes. "Can I talk to you for a minute? It's important.."

Scott held Mitch's waist as he stood up, then held him on his hip like he knew Mitch loved. "It doesn't matter if it's important. You know you can tell me anything."

As he walked out of the kitchen, Kevin was in the doorway. "Are you alright? That was quite a fall."

Scott nodded and then gestured to Mitch. "What happened to him?"

"I don't know. I think he just misses you like crazy. You know how he is." Kevin smiled at him.

Scott nodded. "Tell The Alpha I'll be in my room. And if he has any more stupid chores for me, he can wait."

Kevin gave him a worried look, but nodded anyway.

*******