Chapter 142

Kirstie gave her parents one final hug before they walked out the door.

Kevin was saying his last goodbyes to his own parents, while Scott waited for Mitch to be done with his parents.

Mitch's mother gave him a hug, his father doing the same, before Mitch said goodbye to his cat.

Scott kept himself uninvolved.

Kevin's parents walked out the door then.

Mitch's mother walked over to Scott and made him lean down so she could kiss his forehead. "You take good care of my son, okay? Promise me?"

He smiled and stood up straight again. "I will. I promise."

Scott wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist as he waved to his parents.

Avi's dad stood beside him. "I think I'm going to stay here a few days. Just to make sure things are running smoothly."

Avi sighed, but tried to cover it. "Of course, father. All three of you?"

Avi's mother nodded. "Yes. You have room for all of us, yes?"

Avi shrugged. "Probably."

Kevin closed the door slowly. "You two can take my room."

Avi nodded. "And then Kevin can stay with Scott, and Esther will stay with us."

Esther smiled at Kevin and gave him a high five. "Yay for third wheels."

He smiled. "Technically I'm a fifth wheel. But um. Third wheel works."

Avi's dad forced a smile at his daughter, and then turned to Avi. "So. Who does the dishes around here?"

Avi shrugged. "That kind of depends. Kevin and Kirstin, today. Since Mitchell helped cook."

Kirstie and Kevin quickly walked to the kitchen.

Avi's father turned back to face the three of them. "What do you all do now?"

"Again. That kind of depends. I think Mitchell wanted to watch movies today, but since you're here we can do something else." Avi replied.

His father nodded. "Here's an idea. Why don't I take you two to an Alpha workout, and your pack can watch movies here with my Omega?"

Avi shrugged. "Fine. If you think you can keep up with me."

Mitch squeezed one of Scott's arms that was around his waist, not wanting him to leave.

Avi's dad looked at Scott expectantly. Scott just nodded. "It's fine with me. Just let me go change into something else."

He tugged Mitch along with him, and Avi followed close behind.

Scott pulled on some basketball shorts and a tank top, as Mitch stood by the door biting his nails.

As soon as Scott was changed, he walked over to Mitch and removed his hand from his mouth. "You know better than that."

"I don't want you to leave."

Scott gave him a reassuring smile. "You'll be just fine. Hang out with Kevin. You have nothing to be afraid of. We'll be back soon."

Avi opened the door a little and snuck in the room. "Alright now. These workouts can be kind of tough. But you're a lot more athletic than me, so you should be alright."

Scott nodded. "Tell Mitchie that he doesn't have to be afraid to be here without me."

Avi looked at Mitch with furrowed eyebrows. "Of course you don't have to be afraid. You'll still have Kevin and Kirstin. Plus, Esther seems to really like you."

Mitch frowned. "What about your mother?"

Avi shrugged back. "She keeps her distance. She's only really mean when she's around my dad."

Scott opened the door and waited for all of them to clear out before walking down the hall again.

Avi's mother grabbed Mitch's hands and pulled him towards the kitchen. "I want to see how you cook, with those pretty little hands of yours."

Mitch gave Scott a worried look, but trailed into the kitchen anyway.

Scott shook his head with a smile. He knew Mitch was a fantastic cook, and was definitely going to make a good impression on Avi's mother.

Avi grinned at the sight of Kirstie laughing hysterically at something Kevin said while they cleaned the living room.

Avi's father stood in front of the two Alphas. "Are we good to go? Jesus, look at you." He looked Scott's body up and down, his arms on display in the tank top he was wearing.

Scott just blinked at him.

Avi smiled and poked one of Scott's arms. "He's quite the looker, isn't he?"

Avi's father almost smiled, but then glared at Avi. "Why can't your arms look like that? I bet his stomach is stronger than yours too. You could learn a thing or two from him, Avriel."

Avi's confidence fell through the floor. He frowned and nodded.

Scott instantly felt bad. "Oh, no. No. Avi works out more than I do, I'm sure of it. These arms are just.. Genetics."

Avi gave him a small smile, but Avi's dad shook his head. "Don't short change yourself. I'm sure you worked hard to become that fit. Avriel has just been slacking off."

"No he--"

The large man squinted at him. "You dare talk back to me? Even after I complimented you?"

Scott swallowed roughly. "No, I'm very sorry, Sir. I just don't want you to think of him as anything less--"

"Stop!"

Scott shut his mouth and stared at him with wide eyes.

Avi's dad gave him another once over. He smiled for the first time that day. "I like you, Kiddo. My son could definitely benefit from you. Now. I want to see how you work out, Muscles."

Scott nodded slowly. "Oh.. Okay..?"

Avi gave Scott a pat on the back. "Look alive, Rookie. You're playing Dad's favorite now."

Scott shook his head, mouth slightly parted. "I just wanted to make a good first impression.."

Avi's father opened the door to the pack's home. "Avriel? You'll drive?"

Avi nodded. "Of course."

*******

The car ride to whatever gym Avi's father had decided on, was awkward to say the least.

Avi kept silent while his dad made these small little jabs at him.

All the insults just flew over his head.

Scott was having a hard time watching Avi allow his own father to destroy him, however.

Avi's father turned to look at Scott in the backseat. "How much do you lift?"

Scott blinked at him a few times. "I'm sorry.. Can you repeat that?"

"How much do you lift?"

"Um. I'm not sure.. My last test was last month some time. It used to be 220." Scott said quietly.

The Alpha turned to Avi. "Well? You're the one that tested him."

Avi gave Scott a smile in the rear view mirror. "As of last month, he can lift 240."

Scott kind of shrugged it off, but Avi's father seemed thrilled. "That's amazing. I don't even think I could lift that much when I was your age."

Scott smiled shyly. "It's really no big deal."

The father turned to look at him again. "You are the strangest thing, do you know that? It's like you're an Alpha on the outside, you have the heart of a Beta, and the mind of an Omega."

Avi met Scott's eyes in the mirror again.

Avi just smirked at him. "Huh. Weird."

********