Chapter 103

Avi pulled into the parking lot of a gas station.

Scott got out and then lifted Mitch out of his seat and set his feet on the ground.

Scott started walking, but Mitch pouted and whined causing Scott to turn back around.

Mitch held his hands above his head, Scott rolled his eyes, and somehow those two things equalled Scott carrying Mitch on his hip inside the gas station.

Avi followed behind them with Kirstin's hand in his own.

Kevin was behind the four, stretching his arms out as he entered the station.

When Scott spotted the bathroom, he told Mitch to find something he'll eat and then stay with Avi.

Scott then disappeared into the bathroom.

Kirstin grabbed some Pringles, and looked at Avi to silently ask for permission.

Avi nodded, and grabbed some for himself.

Mitch snagged some snacks for Scott and himself.

He was reading a label, when Scott slipped his arms around Mitch's waist.

Mitch held up the bag of chips a little higher for Scott to see. "These are the ones you like, aren't they?"

"Yeah. But I don't like chips all that much, Darling." Scott replied.

Mitch nodded and leaned back into Scott's embrace. "I know. Hard to find healthy things in a place like this. I tried, though."

"That's alright, Angel. It was nice of you to try. Let's just go. Avi looks like he's starting to get impatient." Scott said into Mitch's ear before pulling away completely.

*******

All five of them ate small snacks on the rest of the car ride, Avi driving some more.

Once reaching the hotel, Scott and Avi quickly unloaded everything.

Kevin checked them all in, while Kirstin and Mitch raced down the hall of the large hotel to find the room and claim the 'best bed'.

Kirstin ran in the room before Mitch could, but Mitch quickly dove onto the first bed.

Kirstin laughed at him before jumping on top of him. "No fair!"

Mitch giggled and tried to push her off of him. "It was so fair! I got here first! Now get off me."

She glared at him, until she snorted and then laughed all over again.

Mitch let her drop down on him as they both laughed uncontrollably.

Kevin walked in just before Scott and Avi did, all three smiling at the giddy Omegas.

Avi sat down on the edge of the bed. "Is this one ours then, Princess?"

Mitch pushed on Kirstin's shoulders, again attempting to push her away. "No way! I was here first!"

Kirstin giggled, but froze when Avi spoke again.

"Don't shout at me, Omega. I wasn't talking to you."

Kirstie jumped up, and Mitch stood beside her. "You can have this one. I'm sorry. I-I-I didn't mean to-to upset y-you and-", Mitch stopped when he thought he might cry.

Scott pushed Avi out of his way and grabbed Mitch's wrist. "Oh for fucks sake, Avi. I just got him out of his stutter."

He pulled Mitch into the room connected to the other, that also belonged to their pack.

He slammed the door and pushed Mitch towards the bed. "He can't talk to you that way. Damn him!"

Mitch flinched when he shouted the last part.

Scott surged forward and hugged him as tight as he could. One hand on the small of his back, the other on the back of his neck.

Mitch whimpered into Scott's neck. "I'm s-sorry."

"Don't stutter.. Please don't." Scott said quietly.

"I'm sorry, Sir.. Why is he so upset..?" Mitch whispered.

Scott let both arms slip down to hold Mitch's waist, swaying them both as he spoke. "We're about to do something very very dangerous.. And he has to leave the love of his life at home."

"At least he'll know she's safe.." Mitch said even quieter.

"You couldn't understand, Mitchie. It's okay. Don't worry about him." Scott mumbled as he swayed them side to side.

Mitch burrowed himself as close as he could to Scott, closing his eyes and enjoying his scent.

Scott kissed the shell of Mitch's ear. "You know I love you, don't you? With my whole heart. You are my everything, my love. You are my every thought. Every waking hour, of every single day. And I will do anything to protect you. Anything. I love you. God, I love you."

Mitch leaned up and pecked Scott's lips. "I know. I love you too, Alpha. I don't know what I would do without you."

*******

After Scott pulled Mitch out of the room, Avi walked right up to Kirstin and kissed her.

Their lips moving together, Avi put a hand on her back, and another on her smooth face.

Kirstin allowed Avi to take full control of the kiss, simply pulling Avi's neck closer to her.

Avi pulled back, biting his lip before looking at Kevin. "Give us a minute, yeah? Let me know when the Alphas want to leave."

Kevin gave a curt nod, before disappearing into the hallway of the hotel.

Avi stared at Kirstin's swollen lips and then met her eyes. "Kirstin.. I am madly in love with you. You are like a drug.. And I can never get enough. And if anything happens to me today-"

She whimpered loudly to interrupt his sentence. "Don't."

Avi looked at the ground for a moment.

When he looked back up, there were tears evident in his eyes. "Why not, Kit? I'm gonna miss you.. And if I never get to see you again, you have to know-"

"Don't!" She said, covering her mouth before letting out a heart wrenching sob.

Avi immediately grabbed her in a hug, shushing her in hopes of calming her down. "C'mon, Princess. It's going to be okay. Don't cry.. Just let me tell you something.."

She pushed him away after a little while, her arms firm on his chest. "Don't talk to me like that.. Please.." Her voice catching on the last syllable.

"Like what?" He asked quietly, allowing her to push him away.

"Anything you could say right now, is going to sound like goodbye. Goodbye means forever... And I don't ever want to say goodbye to you." She said, feeling a fresh wave of tears coming.

"But what if-"

"Alpha. Stop.. Nothing is going to happen. You're going to come back. You are not going to just leave me.. You can't.." She said sadly.

"You have to know the impact you've had on my life.. You have to know how much I care about you.. You have to-"

She interrupted again. "Go. Get out. The sooner you go, the sooner you'll be back."

Avi hesitated, but turned to leave.

His hand froze on the doorknob. "I love you, Kirstin. I've never been this sure about anything else in my life."

She stared at his retreating form. "I love you too. I'll see you soon."

Avi finally walked out into the hallway, resisting the urge to turn back when he heard Kirstie burst into tears upon the door closing.

He squeezed his eyes shut, and trudged down the hall.

*******