Chapter 72

(A/N)

Is anyone else like.. Obsessed with blueberry muffins?

I totally am.

Help.

WHO'S READY FOR SOME KAVI DRAMA?!

*******

Mitch nearly fell on the floor. "She.. What?!"

Avi looked at him, and then looked away, frantically wiping at his eyes. "Damn it." He muttered.

Mitch hugged Avi with all he had. "It's okay to cry sometimes, Sir."

Avi wrapped his arms tightly around Mitch's body. "I just don't understand.."

Mitch could hear it in his voice that he was seconds away from breaking down.

Mitch also knew, unfortunately, that Avi would rather throw himself out the window than be caught crying.

Mitch rubbed Avi's back, before pulling away to meet his eyes. "Why doesn't she want to share it with you?"

Avi set his head down on Mitch's shoulder. "I don't know.. She said it wouldn't be fair to you if we took care of it at home.. So I told her we could use an extra cabin.. Or go somewhere for a little while.. But she said no.. She ran out of reasons, so she just said no. And as her Alpha.. I respect that. I just.. What's wrong with me? Why wouldn't she want to.. Oh God. I feel sick."

Mitch ran his hands comfortingly up and down Avi's back. "I don't know why, Sir. You're under a lot of stress lately. Just breathe.. Everything is okay. There will be more Heats.. You'll have more chances.."

Avi bit his lip and ground his teeth to keep from crying. "I know. But not if she doesn't love me anymore."

Avi's head snapped up and his mouth dropped open at what had just slipped from his mouth.

Mitch's hand froze. "You think she doesn't..?"

Avi shook his head side to side. "I.. I honestly don't know. I thought.. She was always my sunshine.. I figured she always would be. But now she's slipping away from me.. And I can't stop her. I can't command her to stay.. I just wish I knew what I did wrong."

Mitch watched as Avi's composure slowly ran out.

His lip began to tremble. "What if she really doesn't love me anymore? What if I'm not enough? What.. What if..?"

Avi covered his face with his hands as the first tear fell.

Mitch felt himself began to tear up at the sight.

All these years.. He's never seen Avi cry.

Not once.

And now here he was, tears streaming down.

And Mitch was the only one who could stop it at this point.

Mitch took Avi's hands from his face. "Don't cry.. It's going to be okay. A Heat is a serious thing to an Omega. Maybe she just isn't ready yet. She's spent her Heats alone for years, and so have you. One more won't hurt."

Avi furiously wiped at his face. "Fuck.. Mitchell. I was just so ready. She talks about kids all the time.. And I was going to ask for her hand in marriage.. And then all of a sudden.. She doesn't love me.. And I don't know what to do. It just feels like I was living in a fantasy, and she wasn't. She knew all along that I was falling hard for her, and now I'm just falling flat on my face without her love to catch me.."

Mitch felt his tears flow down his cheeks, as Avi's did the same.

Mitch grabbed Avi in another hug, and they cried.

And cried.

Until finally, Avi pushed him away so hard that he stumbled.

Mitch caught himself, regained his footing and then looked at Avi.

Avi realized that he'd almost pushed Mitch flat on the floor, and he felt a new wave of tears coming.

Maybe that's what was wrong with him.

Maybe he never let people in.

He never let them see his emotions.. He just used his power to control them.

He never let them see that he too, was only human.

Avi grabbed Mitch again. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Mitchell. I'm a mess.."

Avi reached out and wiped Mitch's eyes gently. "Don't cry.. I didn't mean to make you cry.."

Mitch put a smile on his own face, hoping to see one on Avi's. "It's okay. See? It's okay to cry sometimes. It just.. Washes all the bad out of your sight so you can see the world with new eyes."

Avi shook his head and smiled. "Not making me feel better. But thanks for trying."

Mitch smiled wider. "You and Kirstin will be okay. Obstacles happen. Scott and I can't spend my Heat together, and we're still okay."

Avi nodded and looked down. "I guess that's true."

******

Kevin had come in and asked the two to meet the rest of them in the living room.

Avi made sure his face was dry and brave looking before walking out there with Mitch.

Scott was leaning back on the couch, arms crossed in front of his chest while Kirstin sat with her legs crossed, nervously fidgeting her hands.

Their heads snapped up when Avi and Mitch walked in.

Avi sat down right next to Kirstin, and Mitch on the very end of the couch, next to Scott.

Scott kept his hands to himself, which was a first.

Avi and Kirstin didn't even look at each other.

Kevin stood in front of them and sighed. "Alright. That's it. What the Hell happened to you guys?"

Avi stared at him blankly. "You'll have to rephrase that.."

Kevin shook his head. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Look at you guys! Kirstie looks like she's been crying for days, Mitch is uncomfortable, Scott doesn't have his hands all over his Omega, and you're just acting like everything is fine. I know I'm not involved in either of these relationships, but this has to stop! It's tearing our pack apart!"

Avi opened his mouth, but Kevin held up a hand. "With all due respect, Sir. Who here has been mad at Avi within the time we've been at this camp?"

Scott's hand shot up, and Kirstie's hesitantly followed.

Kevin smiled. "Okay. Starting with Scott. You two have been arguing non stop lately. Almost broke out into a fist fight, even. Anything else?"

Scott glared at Avi. "He's trying to control my Omega."

Avi turned to face him. "It's my job! I'm his leader!"

Scott turned even more. "But I'm his Alpha!"

Avi stood up. "I was first! And still am, thank you very much!"

Scott stood and walked closer to him. "Oh really? Does the Mark on his neck belong to you?!"

Kevin stepped between them again. "Will you two stop that?!"

Mitch had his hands over his ears, eyes closed while Kirstin had brought her knees up to her chest.

Avi growled at Scott, and Scott snarled back.

Kevin pushed a little harder. "Look at your Omegas, you idiots! Look what you're doing!"

Avi froze, and Scott's head snapped to the side to see Mitch.

Scott surged forward and sat by Mitch. Scott gently peeled Mitch's hands from his ears.

Mitch looked at him and whimpered, Scott just shushed him gently. "Hush now. None of that. I'm sorry.. We shouldn't argue in front of you. I didn't mean to shout. You're okay.. Everything is okay.."

Mitch shook his head at him. "No it isn't."

******