Chapter 48

Avi rubbed his hands together. "I know. Isn't he a cutie? Anyways. We've all heard about this thing with The Counsel taking back the Omegas that fail the examination."

A chorus of 'yeahs' filled the room.

One Alpha near the back stood. "Luke. Seconds of Summer Pack. My Omega is being sent away. I've heard rumors about some kind of.. Genocide, or something. Do we know anything about that?"

Avi watched him sit back down. "We don't know anything for sure. We just keep hearing rumors. There's a very smart Beta in my pack, and he thinks that they're going to take the failing Omegas, and get rid of the weak gene."

Another Alpha stood. "Leading Alpha of the Levine Pack. They call me Adam. What exactly do you mean by weak gene? Like.. If they kill off all the Omegas that don't meet their expectations.. They'll stop showing up? They're trying to stop the weak gene from passing on to other generations.."

Avi nodded and looked at Scott who was standing to his right. "I think that's what's going on. That's Kevin's theory."

An Alpha in the very front stood. "Team Internet Pack. Are Omegas not supposed to be weak? Isn't that how they were designed? Alphas for agility and strength. Betas for intelligence. Omegas for caregiving and optimism. That's how it's always been. Why change it? Why now?"

Avi thought about that for a moment. "That's another point Kevin brought up. Perhaps The Counsel is trying to create a stronger society. Omegas are the only ones that can produce further generations. I think The Counsel knows that they can't get rid of the Omegas, so they're just going to create stronger ones."

"Derulo Pack. Again that begs the question. Why do we need stronger Omegas?" An Alpha that stood near the door spoke.

Avi sighed. "I.. I do not know."

Scott raised his hand a little. "Um. If I may.. From the standpoint of having my own Omega.. I don't know what I would do if he wasn't as fragile as he is. He's gentle.. And lovely.. Frail.. And extremely tiny. But if he were able to protect himself, what would my job be? If he didn't need me to protect him, what would he need me for?"

Avi nodded. "That's fair. I really don't know why. If anyone has any ideas.. I'm all ears."

A hesitant Alpha stood in the back. "Trainor Pack.. My Omega is beautiful. And I'm not going to let her go just to let The Counsel have their way with her. I don't know why she didn't pass. But I don't care. It doesn't really matter why they want stronger Omegas. I just don't want them taking her from me."

A large number of Alphas clapped and cheered at that.

Avi smiled at him. "Amen to that. They're threatening to take mine away too. And she's lovely.. I don't know where I'd be without her. I think we're all going to have to rebel. This is going to be difficult.. And it's going to suck. But c'mon. We'd all do anything for our Omegas."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Kevin came down the hall. "Pardon me, Sir. I'm very sorry to interrupt, but I have news that concerns you all."

Avi nodded. "Go ahead, then."

"The Counsel is sending Über Alphas to collect the Omegas that failed, tomorrow afternoon." Kevin stated flatly.

******

(A/N)

Usually I aim for like 1,000 words.. And while I was editing I realized this one is only 560 words.

I have no idea what happened.. But I'll post another chapter later.

Like two hours maybe..

I promise. :)))))

******