Chapter 78

Scott was just sitting on the couch watching television, Mitch asleep on his shoulder, when he caught the smell.

He tilted his head and sat up a little.

A Heat?

It couldn't be.

Mitch wasn't scheduled for a Heat for quite a while.

And Kirstin won't be going into Heat unless she's around an Alpha.

Plus, Avi is gone. So it couldn't possibly be-

You're an Alpha you moron.

Scott sat up quickly, Mitch's head falling, waking him up.

Mitch rubbed an eye. "What's going on, Sir?"

Scott slowly stood from the couch and inhaled again. "Mitchell. Do you smell that? Please tell me that isn't Kirstin."

Mitch sat up and took a deep breath. His eyes went wide. "Oh, no."

Scott ran down the hall and threw open Avi and Kirstie's bedroom door.

He gasped at the sight of a sweaty Kirstin stumbling around the room.

She was whining, and whimpering.. But the moment she caught the scent of an Alpha, her head snapped towards him.

Scott backed up a little. "Hey.. You alright..?"

Kirstie whined and ran towards him.

She hugged him as tight as she could. "Please help me. Please make it stop."

Scott was aware of how desperate Omegas could get in Heat, but he was also very aware of how desperate Alphas are to please the hurting Omegas.

Regardless if it was your Omega or not.

Scott gently pushed her off of him. "No, darling. I can't do that."

Kirstin's hands flew to his belt and she made quick work of undoing it.

Scott grabbed her fragile wrists, and her now blue eyes met his.

Scott shook his head a little. "I'm sorry."

Kirstie took her hands back and leaned up as quick as she could to kiss him, but he backed up before she could.

Kirstie whined. "Why won't you help me? Why don't you love me?"

Scott shook his head vigorously, trying to shake his thoughts away.

Trying to push his instincts out of his mind.

His brain was screaming at him to just give her what she needed so she wouldn't have to suffer.

She needed an Alpha.

Scott tried as hard as he could to push her off of him as Kirstin started pulling at his clothes.

This.. Intoxicating smell of Omega..

Was almost too much.

Kirstie did everything she could after backing Scott up into a wall.

Scott knew he would never hurt her, but it was going to be difficult to get past her without doing it.

Kirstin was still whining, begging to be touched.

But Scott was too busy arguing with his own mind to notice.

Kirstie slipped a hand under Scott's shirt, and traced his V-line with one of her fingers.

Scott kept shaking his head as she touched him in various places. "Kirstie.. You.. You have to stop. Think about Avi.." He said painfully.

Kirstie shook her head and whispered, "I only need you. Please take care of me, Alpha." Before attaching her lips to his neck.

Scott held his hands out to try and push her off, but she just kept grabbing him all over.

Mitch appeared around the corner of the hallway, and watched with fear in his eyes.

Kirstin knelt down in front of him, reaching a hand out for Scott's zipper.

And that's what made Scott finally decide he'd rather hurt her now, than hurt a bunch of people later by doing this with her.

"Omega, stop." He demanded in his Alpha voice.

Kirstin froze.

Scott picked her up by the armpits and set her on her feet. He pointed to her bedroom. "You told your Alpha you wanted to spend your Heat alone. So that's exactly what you'll do. Do you understand?"

She nodded. "Yes, Sir."

She turned around and went back into her bedroom, closing the door behind her.

Scott could hear her pained moans through the door, and the smell was almost overwhelming.

He fell to his knees, his brain crashing down after not following his instincts.

Scott covered his ears so he wouldn't hear Kirstin's cries anymore.

He shook his head to try to convince himself he'd done the right thing.

Mitch ran over and knelt down beside him.

The scent of another Omega encouraged Scott to pull him into a hug, right there on the ground.

Mitch did everything he could to get Scott into their bedroom, to try and distract him from Kirstin.

Scott was laying flat on his back on their bed, hands over his eyes.

Mitch crawled up next to him and set his head on Scott's chest when he laid down.

Scott put an arm around Mitch, and just stared at the ceiling blankly. "I'm a bad Alpha."

Mitch set his chin on Scott's chest to look at him. "Why's that?"

"I let her suffer."

Mitch grabbed one of Scott's hands and held it firmly in his own. "You're a faithful Alpha. Who wouldn't cheat on me just because their instincts want them to. You're a loyal Alpha. Who wouldn't do something to Avi's Omega. You did the right thing, Sir."

Scott sighed and then let out a pained sound. "I can still hear her.. Smell her.. It's taking over my brain.."

Mitch sat up. "What can I do? Do you want some tea?"

Scott shook his head and pulled Mitch's shoulders forward so that Mitch would lay mostly on top of him. "Just lay with me a while.. Okay?"

Mitch set his head on Scott's chest again, and Scott traced circles on Mitch's back.

Scott pulled Mitch up higher, and inhaled Mitch's neck. "God.. You smell amazing."

"Thank you."

Scott smiled and kept breathing in Mitch's wonderful smell.

He just hoped Avi would be home soon.

******