Chapter 44

Scott was leaning back against the headboard, holding Mitch in his lap.

Mitch had the laptop in his small hands.

The screen was displaying the obedience portion of the test.

Scott had his head resting on Mitch's shoulder so he could see the laptop.

Mitch ducked his head down when the screen showed the Über Alpha leading Mitch into the final room.

Scott noticed and kissed Mitch's cheek. "What's wrong?"

"This is the um. Self confidence part, if that's what you want to call it." Mitch mumbled.

Scott looked up and watched as Mitch was told to undress. Scott wrapped his arms tighter around Mitch's mid section.

Mitch glanced up at the laptop and saw himself being told to move his arms out of the way, so his whole body was showing to the Über Alpha.

Scott kept his eyes on the screen. "Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, my love."

Mitch blushed a deeper shade of red. "T-Thank you, Sir."

Scott sat up straight when he saw the crazy Alpha run in the room.

Scott reached around Mitch's body and turned up the volume.

"I'm already Marked, asshole."

"See that? My Alpha did that. And if you'd like to piss him off by messing with me, I'll be sure he does this same thing to you. And I'll make sure you don't live through it like I did."

Scott smirked and kissed the back of Mitch's neck before setting his head back on Mitch's shoulder.

He watched as the Alpha congratulated Mitch, and then closed the laptop screen.

Mitch stood and grabbed the laptop to walk it over to Avi's room.

Scott laughed at how quick Mitch got up.

Mitch walked really fast to get the laptop to his Alpha as soon as possible. He opened the door to Avi and Kirstie's bedroom.

Looking into the room, Mitch saw Avi holding Kirstie in his arms while she cried.

Avi's head snapped up to Mitch, and then he tipped his head to the side to signal Mitch to put the laptop on the table by the door.

Mitch silently walked over and did as he was told.

Before walking out the door Mitch mouthed 'You okay?'

Avi nodded and Kirstin tucked her head further into Avi's chest and let out another loud sob.

Mitch felt tears brimming his eyes at the sight.

Avi noticed and looked back down at Kirstin. When he looked back up, he too had tears in his eyes.

Mitch gestured outside, and Avi nodded. Holding up a hand to tell Mitch it would be a second, and Mitch nodded before leaving.

Mitch walked into his own bedroom, and Scott was up, hanging up a shirt that had probably been on the floor.

Mitch stood in the doorway a moment, just watching, until Scott turned towards him. "Are you.. Is everything okay?"

Mitch nodded. "I have to go talk to Avi."

Scott nodded slowly. "Okay.. But really. Mitchie. Are you okay?" Scott took a few steps to get closer to Mitch. "You look like you're about to cry."

Mitch wiped his eyes. "No, I'm fine. Fine.. Just.. I'll be right back."

Scott nodded, and Mitch closed the door behind him as he walked into the hallway.

Avi was carefully closing the door behind him as well.

Mitch walked up to him. "Is Kirstin okay?"

Avi nodded and walked down the hall, Mitch trailing behind. "She just wanted some time alone."

Mitch nodded. "I'm so sorry, Alpha."

Avi walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter. "Sorry for what?"

Mitch stopped behind him. "Are we going to.."

Avi gripped the counter so tight his knuckles turned white. "Are we what?" He growled through gritted teeth.

Mitch backed up a little. "Are they going to take Kirstin away from us?" He whispered.

Avi's head dropped and hung between his shoulders.

Mitch felt the tears again. He continued to whisper. "Away from our family?"

Avi turned around quickly, and stared at Mitch.

Mitch felt tears start to run down his cheeks.

Suddenly, Avi came forward and squeezed Mitch in an impossibly tight hug.

Mitch ran his hands up and down Avi's back. He knew Avi would never let himself cry, not even in front of him.

Avi pressed his nose into Mitch's shoulder, and just stood without a sound.

Mitch did his best to comfort him, but this was not something he did often. "Everything is going to be okay, Sir. She'll always be your Omega. No matter what happens, she'll always love you."

Avi whimpered. "Will she? How can you know? She'll move somewhere else, and find someone better.."

Mitch's tears fell faster now, hearing his Alpha whimper.

"Sir, that would never happen. Kirstin loves you.. She fell in love.. And it's going to take a lot more than that-"

"Mitch?" Scott appeared suddenly.

Avi pushed Mitch away, and turned to face Scott with as brave of a face as he could find.

Scott looked between them before approaching Mitch. "Why are you crying, Sweetheart?" He asked, voice low.

Mitch looked up at the concern in Scott's eyes. "Is there anything you can do?"

Scott looked confused now. "For you? Anything. But.. What are you talking about, exactly?"

Mitch looked at Avi before answering. "Can you save Kirstin?"

"If anyone could, it would be Avi. Actually.. Avi, you could probably do a hell of a lot being her leader and her Marking Alpha at the same time." Scott said turning to Avi.

Avi looked up at Scott, and even Scott could see how close he was to breaking down.

Scott grabbed his shoulder and ducked his head down to meet his eyes. "Hey.. You okay?"

Avi hesitated, and then nodded. "Scott.. What would you do if they had threatened to take Mitch away?"

Scott glanced at Mitch, and then hugged Avi. "You know I wouldn't have let them take him from me."

******