Chapter 32

Scott and Mitch were curled up in bed watching a scary movie late at night, when Scott decided he had to go to the bathroom.

He stood up, untangling himself from Mitch.

Mitch paused the movie and stood up quickly.

Scott laughed. "I just have to go the bathroom."

Mitch gasped and grabbed Scott's arm. "You can't leave me in here."

"Are you really going to follow me in there?" Scott asked, walking closer to the bathroom attached to their room.

Mitch looked around the room, before looking back at Scott and nodding.

Scott sighed and opened the bathroom door. "Just go across the hall and wait with Kevin. Talk about Victoria. I'll come and get you."

Mitch hesitated before walking out the door.

Scott rolled his eyes fondly. "Jesus."

******

Scott walked across the hall and knocked on Kevin's door.

Mitch came barreling out of the room and nearly tackled him to the ground. "Victoria is nice. She has brown hair, she's skinny and she's Italian."

Scott hugged Mitch back, and looked at Kevin. "She sounds lovely."

Kevin nodded with a small smile on his face.

Scott closed the door and then walked back into their room. "Mitchie, I don't know if we should keep watching these if you can't even be left alone for two minutes."

Mitch shook his head. "I'll get better. I promise."

"It's not about getting better. I just don't want you to be scared all the time, babe." Scott said, rubbing Mitch's back.

Mitch shook his head and looked up at Scott. "I'll get better about it. I promise."

And then after a moment, he continued. "How do you do it? I mean, you watch them with no problem."

Scott shrugged. "They're not real. And I'm sorry, love.. But as an Alpha, I've just learned to not let things scare me."

Mitch's shoulders dropped. "Damn it. I hoped-"

"Hey, woah. Watch your language." Scott said suddenly.

"Oh my gosh, sorry! It won't happen again." Mitch rushed out.

Scott leaned over and kissed Mitch's temple. "It's fine. Just don't want you to slip up and curse around The Alpha."

Mitch shivered at the thought. "Thank you so much. I would never want to-"

His sentence was cut short as the lights flickered off.

Mitch pushed himself impossibly close to Scott.

Scott wrapped his arm around him. "Just a power outage. Don't worry. I'll get Avi."

"I'm not scared."

Scott laughed, and started pulling Mitch with him out of their room. "Yeah, okay."

Scott started walking in front of Mitch, and Mitch trailed close behind with a death grip on Scott's bicep.

Avi suddenly started talking from Scott's left side. "Well this is unfortunate."

Mitch jumped so bad he rammed into the wall of the hallway.

Scott could smell the increase in fear and pain before Mitch even hit the wall.

He turned towards where Mitch was now rubbing his shoulder, while Avi apologized several times.

"Jesus, Mitchell." Scott breathed as he held Mitch without really being able to see him.

Mitch let Scott try to rub his shoulder while he talked in the direction he thought Avi was in. "It's alright, Sir. Don't apologize. It's my fault for being so jumpy."

Scott kissed Mitch's shoulder. "I'll take a look at it when we get the lights back on."

"Speaking of." Avi began. "I left Kirstin in Kevin's room if you'd like to join them Mitchell. Scott and I can sort this out."

Mitch's tight grip returned to Scott's bicep. "No thank you. I'd like to help in any way I can, Sir."

"Alright. Follow me, then." Avi said before walking down the hall.

Scott followed him purely on scent, with Mitch following directly behind him.

Avi walked towards the power box, but stopped when he looked outside. "Actually.. I think we're out of luck. Looks like the storm knocked the power out. We won't be able to turn it back on until it comes on, on its own."

Mitch just gulped.

*****