Chapter 164

Scott sat straight up. "What the fuck do you mean?"

"Scott. Language."

Mitch slowly sat up from where Scott had just thrown him down.

Scott looked away and ran a hand down his face. "Why did they call? What did they want?"

"They just want to see you." Avi tried to keep his voice low in hopes of keeping Scott calm.

"See me? See me?! Oh great, after ten years they finally want to see their own son. Great. Just fucking great."

Avi shook his head. "Scott Hoying, I am not about to tell you to watch that mouth of yours again. I told you once, and that's enough. Stop it."

"What am I supposed to do, Avi?! Not freak out?" Scott asked incredulously.

Avi tried to reach a comforting hand out towards him, but Scott jumped out of the bed.

He began pacing in front of them in only his boxers.

Avi sighed. "Come on now. It can't be that bad. You've seen my parents."

"That's just it though. I've seen yours, and mine are still worse." Scott snapped back.

Mitch inched towards Avi a little, not liking Scott's angry side.

Scott continued pacing relentlessly. "Are they coming here? To my home?"

"I guess that's why you have to call them back, isn't it?" Avi said slowly.

Scott stopped just long enough to glare at him, and then continued to pace.

Mitch was now almost sitting directly beside Avi.

Avi put an arm over his shoulders, sensing his discomfort. "Come on, Rookie. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Anything. Anything could happen. I'm a fucking disappointment to them." Scott grumbled.

Avi finally stood. "What did I just say about using those words?"

Scott didn't even look at him.

Avi rolled his eyes and leaned down to kiss Mitch's cheek.

Scott's eyes instantly flashed over to him.

Avi stood up straight again. "Figured that would get your attention. Now will you listen to me? If you're not willing to behave like an Alpha, then an Omega will not be permissible in your presence. You get me? So stop cursing around Mitchell."

Scott just shook his head. "Avi, you have no idea what they're like."

"Then tell them not to come over."

"And give them another reason to hate me? Absolutely not." Scott quickly rejected the idea.

Avi shrugged. "Just saying. Then let them come over for dinner. Then they'll leave, and you won't have to worry about them ever again."

"Do you know how much damage one person can do in just a single dinner service? I think not." Scott snapped.

Mitch tried to speak out a little. "Well maybe you could--"

"Just get it over with, Scott! The rest of us have." Avi interupted.

Mitch immediately shrunk back into himself, knowing he should've just stayed quiet.

Scott put his hands on his hips. "This isn't just something we're going to fix over a little small talk and some of Kevin's famous pudding."

Mitch smiled a little at that, although Scott hadn't meant it to be funny.

Scott continued anyway. "This is years and years of neglect, we're talking about here. They kicked me out when they found out what I was. Turned their backs on me when I needed them the most. But now, all of a sudden. I'm their favorite son. Just because I'm on the news with The First Alpha."

Avi reached out again, although Scott still refused to take his hand. "I had to face my terrible parents too. If I could do it, you can certainly do it. Just because you're not a Lead Alpha, doesn't mean you haven't accomplished anything. I mean, look at little Mitchell. He's quite an accomplishment. Look how strong your pack is. That's something to be proud of."

Scott shrugged it off. "Just go get me a phone, would you?"

******

Mitch was now sitting on the floor outside a closed bedroom door while he listened to Scott argue into a phone inside the room.

Mitch rested his forehead against the wood, wanting nothing more than to comfort Scott.

Scott shouted something and it made Mitch flinch.

Kirstie came out of nowhere and knelt down beside him. "You shouldn't eavesdrop, Mitchie."

"He told me to wait right here."

Kirstie frowned, sighed, and then sat down right next to him. "I'll wait with you, then."

"You don't have to do that."

Kirstie grabbed one of Mitch's hands. "Yes I do, Hun."

Mitch smiled at her and then looked back at the door.

Mitch flinched again when Scott shouted once more.

Kirstie set her head on his shoulder. "Jeez. It doesn't sound like it's going so well."

"Well, they were terrible to him. He never talked about it, but I knew." Mitch said, almost proudly. "He acts different if they're even mentioned. I can't imagine what he'll be like when they're actually here."

"I guess we'll just wait and see, won't we?"

*******

"Listen, Mom. I don't know why you want to see me all of a sudden, but I don't like it. I don't want either of you anywhere near these people." Scott grumbled into the phone.

His mother tsked at him. "Why are you acting so rude, honey? You know we love you."

Scott laughed once. "Please! You barely even looked at me. You wouldn't have loved me if someone paid you to do it."

"Scott, we just want to see our son. Is that so wrong?"

Scott rolled his eyes. "Yes! Yes it is! Because you're going to destroy everything that I've built here."

"Scott Richard Hoying. We are coming down there, and you're going to like it."

Scott growled a little. "I don't care what you do. I'm not a part of that pack anymore."

He heard his mother start a sarcastic answer, but hung up before she had the chance to yell at him.

Scott set the phone down on the bed and sat down on the floor, right where he'd previously been standing.

He just stared at the wall in front of him.

His parents were coming.

His parents.

The same parents that kicked him out when he was officially deemed a second in command Alpha.

The same parents that laughed at him when he told them his Omega was a male.

The same parents that haven't even bothered to call him in several years.

Those parents were coming to visit.

And they were bringing Hell in a handbasket.

*******