Chapter 137

As soon as they were home, Mitch and Kirstie started frantically cleaning.

Kevin got the vacuum out and began working without a word.

Avi raised an eyebrow at Scott, who stood motionless as everyone else started cleaning.

Scott finally looked at him. "What? I'm an Alpha now. You can't make me clean."

"You suck." Avi sighed and looked away just in time to see Kirstin dash down the hall to clean the bathrooms.

"Not for free."

Avi just blinked at him, while Scott smirked, avoiding eye contact.

Avi rolled his eyes at how proud Scott was of his joke.

He looked at Scott again. "Mitchell probably needs help in the kitchen. Would you mind? I mean I can help him if--"

And just like that, Scott was walking past him towards the kitchen.

Avi smirked and then walked into the next room to tidy up the living room.

*******

At least one solid hour later, the five plopped themselves down on the couch.

Avi stood once more to walk around and make sure they'd cleaned everything.

He came back a few minutes later, satisfied with the house.

Avi stood in front of them. "Okay you guys. Thank you for doing all that. Just.. I'm not joking when I say my parents are strict. I expect you all to be on your best behavior. That means, no attitude." He gave Scott a pointed glare.

Then he moved on to Mitch. "No sass."

Avi's gaze shifted to Kevin. "No rambling."

And finally, Kirstie. "No clinging."

They all nodded as he came by. "You guys know I love you to death. And I don't usually mind the things I just pointed out. I just.. Don't want to get in trouble with them."

Scott set a hand on Mitch's leg as he leaned forward. "And what will you do?"

"I'll try to control my temper."

*******
Later that night, Kirstie had trouble falling asleep.

Avi kept an arm securely around her, refusing to sleep until she was happily asleep.

She kept her eyes closed as Avi rubbed comforting circles into her arm. "Sir?"

"Yes, baby?"

She wouldn't let her eyes open. "C-can I ask you something?"

"Yes. But don't stutter. Stuttering is for Mitchell." Avi said in a low tone.

Kirstie smiled. "Okay. I won't... Why are your parents so strict?"

Avi leaned back to stare at the ceiling, keeping his arm around her. "I don't know, Princess. I guess they just wanted me to be a strong leader."

"It was worth it then, because that's exactly what you are."

He smiled at her. "Thank you."

A comfortable silence fell over them, but Kirstie still couldn't fall asleep.

She pushed herself closer to Avi. "Can I ask you something else?"

"Always, baby."

She looked up again and met his lovely eyes. "Are they going to be mean to you? To us? The pack?"