Chapter 134

(A/N)

Sorry to interrupt.

But I was at Lake Tahoe today with my Dad.

And a poodle walked past us with one of those crazy haircuts.

Like really poofy and fancy.

And I was like "Dad look how FABULOUS that dog is."

And I swear to God this was his response.

MY OWN FATHER SAID THIS TO ME.

"If that dog was in Pentatonix, it's name would be Mitch."

And I stopped walking and was like oh my God what have I done to you.

But anyway, um. Carry on.

******

Scott leaned against the headboard of their bed, Mitch still asleep in his arms.

Kirstin was beside him, softly stroking Mitch's hair.

Avi sat in front of them, eyebrows furrowed in thought.

Kevin was pacing in front of the bed.

Avi shook his head at Scott. "That was probably not healthy."

Kevin shook his head, although Avi wasn't talking to him. "He could've had a heart attack."

Scott held Mitch a little tighter. "Don't say that."

Kevin stopped and gave him a regretful smile. "Sorry.. He's fine now. At least he isn't on the emotional roller coaster anymore."

Scott nodded and looked down at Mitch with a frown. "I can't believe he said that to me."

Kevin walked a little closer. "Said what?"

Scott shook his head. "Nothing. I don't want to embarrass him. Lets just say it's the last thing you'd ever hear from him on a normal day."

Kevin nodded, respecting the privacy. "I think it was a sugar rush."

Avi turned to look at him then. "But from what? We can barely get him to eat as it is."

Kirstin ran her fingers through Mitch's hair as she spoke. "Maybe it's that, then. Maybe he isn't eating enough."

Kevin shrugged. "If that were it, this would make sense because his body would be overloading to try and keep him functioning without any nutrients. And it can make a person's mood change quickly."

Scott nodded. "And then it would make sense why he fell asleep so quick."

Avi agreed. "Ran out of energy."

Kirstie kissed Mitch's forehead. "Poor thing. You'd think a little guy as small as he is would be eating everything in sight."

Avi put a hand on her leg, trying to explain lightly. "Well when he was in the other pack, they wouldn't let him. I'm sure he just got used to it."

Kevin nodded sadly and sat down at the edge of the bed. "He probably doesn't even think about it anymore."

Scott sighed and held Mitch closer to his chest, closing his eyes. "This is my fault."

Avi put a hand on his leg. "No it's not. Don't do this. Not now."

Scott shook his head. "Why not? I should've made sure he ate. I swear he ate this morning.. I swear."