Chapter 175

The day after transferring Troye to Tyler's pack, was the day Avi decided everyone needed to go on vacation.

He wasn't sure when he was going to decide they should leave, but after walking in on Mitch and Scott arguing, and then seeing Kevin break down in the kitchen...

Avi decided maybe it was time that everyone stopped to breathe for a little while.

Maybe we should go back a little.

That morning, Mitch woke Scott up accidentally in the middle of a nightmare.

Mitch was tossing and turning, and must've elbowed Scott to wake him up.

Because the next thing he knew, Scott was peppering kisses all over his face to try and calm him down after he woke up.

Mitch whined directly at Scott.

Scott froze, and then leaned up a little to meet Mitch's eyes. "Breathe, baby. Are you okay?"

Mitch nodded once and then lightly pushed on Scott's shoulders, feeling claustrophobic all of a sudden. "G-get off me."

Scott tilted his head, still hovering above him.

Mitch pushed a little harder. "Sir, please! Get off!"

Scott jumped a little and moved away from Mitch, who instantly ran into the bathroom.

Scott slowly stood from the bed, almost unsure what to do.

He walked over to the bathroom and knocked lightly on the door. "Hey.. Mitchie? Are you okay?"

Mitch didn't answer, but Scott could hear the sink turn on.

He knocked once more. "Don't ignore me, Sweetie."

Mitch unlocked the door, but stepped away from it, rather than opening it.

Scott slowly opened the door and peeked inside. "What's wrong, Pumpkin?"

Mitch turned the sink off to dry his face with a hand towel. "I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Mitch, you just pushed me off of you after waking up from a nightmare. There's a couple of things wrong there. Talk to me."

Scott walked into the room and put a hand on the small of Mitch's back as he stood beside him.

Mitch shook his head and stared at the sink. "No, it's fine. Sorry."

"Why won't you talk to me? I know something is wrong, so why bother lying about it?"

Mitch shook his head again. "Can you just leave me alone?" It came out a lot ruder than he'd intended.

Scott used his fingers to turn Mitch's head towards him. "Why are you giving me attitude? I'm just trying to help."

Mitch backed away to pull himself out of Scott's grip. "I'm not giving you attitude. Can't I just have one fucking second alone?!"

Scott's mouth dropped open in shock. "Mitchell Grassi! Don't you ever curse at me again. Ever."

Mitch seemed a little scared, as he should be, but then he got his edge back. "Why not? How else can I get you to leave me alone?"

Scott scoffed and turned on his heel to leave. "You want me gone? Then I'm gone. Doing whatever you want. It's always whatever you want."

Mitch followed him. "Whatever I want? It's never what I want!"

Scott flipped around just before reaching the door, and his eyes flickered to red for a second, before blinking back to normal. "Oh, so now I wasn't doing my job. Thank you, thank you. Anything else you want to get off your chest?"

That made Mitch hesitate. "I.. I don't know."

"Lovely. Thank you. I'll leave you alone." Scott grumbled, turning again.

Mitch crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm glad it's so easy for you to leave."

Scott slammed their door shut and set his forehead on the wood. "What do you want me to do? Just tell me. I'm not playing anymore games."

"I just... I don't know."

"Do you want to be left alone or not? Because I'm going." Scott said, not turning at all to look at him.

*******

At the same time this was happening, Kevin and Avi were in the kitchen, while Avi permitted Kirstie to sleep in a little longer.

Avi was just leaning on the counter listening to Kevin ramble as he made breakfast.

He didn't mind really.

Kevin was interesting to listen to, even if he went on for 5 minutes without stopping.

Avi just nodded every now and then so Kevin knew he was still listening.

Kevin was making eggs and waffles, the eggs specifically for Kirstin.

Avi leaned over his shoulder when he stopped talking. "What an odd combination.."

"Well it's mainly just the waffles, Sir. Your Omega loves scrambled eggs though, so I'm making some for her."

"That's kind of you."

Kevin turned and smiled at him.

Notice how normal everything seemed?

It wasn't until Kevin had finished cooking, that everything went to shit.

Kevin set out the five different plates, leaving it up to the Alphas to change portion size.

He was just washing his hands when Avi politely asked if he could make him some coffee.

A request he obviously took care of as soon as he could.

Kevin was now stirring in Avi's specific desire for cream and sugar.

But not before Scott walked past him, eyes angrier than Kevin had seen in a while.

Avi watched Scott walk by until speaking. "Good morning to you too."

"Don't start with me." Scott growled back sharply.

Kevin turned his head then. "Is everything okay? Where's Mitchie?"

Scott scoffed and turned to walk towards Kevin slowly. "Everything is fine. I'm fine. Don't I look fine?"

Kevin opened his mouth once, but shut it and looked away, deciding against arguing with him.

He continued to stir Avi's coffee.

Avi looked around him. "Can you not talk to him that way? He didn't do anything to you."

Scott kept inching forward. "I can do anything I want."

Kevin turned and looked between them for a second. "Please don't argue."

Avi ignored him though, glaring at Scott. "He doesn't deserve that. Come on now, Scott. He just had to go to a funeral."

"Is that really the only reason?"

"No. He's also the nicest person in the entire pack, and has made more sacrifices for you than he could count on all his fingers and toes. So maybe you should show some respect." Avi argued.

"Maybe you should mind your own business."

Kevin turned around this time to beg. "Come on, you two. That's enough."

Avi and Scott stared at each other for a little while.

Kevin handed Avi his coffee and pushed his shoulder gently. "Go. Be the bigger man."

Scott barked out a laugh. "Not possible when the bigger man is over six feet--"

Avi did the first thing he could think of, and snarled loudly at the Alpha before him.

*******