Chapter 168

Mitch hopped off the counter and walked towards Avi.

Avi bumped Mitch's shoulder a little. "No more frowning. You're too cute to be frowning."

Mitch giggled a little. "You think I'm cute?"

"Sure. Why not? Anyway, can you help me clean the window above the front door? I'd usually ask Scott to do it, because he's a giant. But, in his absence, I just need you to climb up on my shoulders."

Mitch nodded, and took the Windex from Avi's hands. "Yes, Alpha."

Avi opened the front door and stood outside, holding his hands out for Mitch.

Mitch had a few paper towels, and the Windex in his hands as he turned his back to Avi.

Avi then placed his hands on Mitch's hips and lifted him up, ducking his head down to set Mitch on his shoulders.

Mitch giggled and then leaned forward to start cleaning the window. "Is this what Alex feels like?"

"Do you wish you were taller?"

Mitch looked down at Avi's head. "Not really. It's fun to be small, because when Scott hugs me it's like being wrapped in a blanket."

Avi chuckled a little. "That's an interesting perspective."

Mitch continued to clean the glass in front of him. "Do you wish you were taller?"

"Yeah. Sometimes I do."

"Why?"

Avi shifted his weight a little, putting his hands on Mitch's thighs to make sure he stayed safely on Avi's shoulders. "I guess it's just weird to be the Lead Alpha, when your second in command is both taller and larger than you. He's stronger, too."

Mitch looked down again. "So what?"

"Well.. The size, I could live with. But now he's stronger than I am too. And then it's like.. What's the point? Why isn't he the Lead Alpha?" Avi said loudly.

Mitch leaned forward a little to look down at Avi's eyes.

Avi tightened his hold on Mitch's thighs, looking up at him. "Be careful up there."

Mitch met his eyes, upside down. "Don't doubt yourself like this. My Alpha is finally starting to treat you like his superior. You two haven't been fighting very much. Don't start this now. Not now."

"Do you think he should be our leader?"

"No. He doesn't want to be." Mitch said without hesitation.

Avi took a deep breath. "That wasn't my question. Actually, don't answer that. I don't want to know."

Mitch nodded and cleaned the window again.

When he was done, he leaned back a little. "Okay. Does it look clean?"

"Very clean, thank you."

"Your welcome... Are you going to put me down?"

"Nope."

Mitch frowned, and Avi took the things out of Mitch's hands to drop on the ground.

Mitch just fiddled his hands around. "Um.. Sir? Can I please come down?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

Avi took a step forward, and Mitch grabbed onto Avi's hands which were still on his thighs, as he let out a loud giggle.