Chapter 9

As soon as they were home, Avi told Kevin that Mitch and Scott were excused from dinner until a later hour.

Scott carried Mitch straight into their room and set him down gently on their bed.

"Now, please. Talk to me. Tell me everything you're feeling." Scott whispered, laying down next to him.

Mitch frowned and looked at him. "I'm just humiliated. I'm so sorry I couldn't.. I wasn't strong enough to get out of it myself.."

"Don't say that. It was my job to protect you, and I'm sorry I didn't. I know you're embarrassed." Scott mumbled to him.

Mitch started to panic then, looking back on it. "He had his hand in my boxers, Alpha. He attempted to Mark me.. And there was nothing I could do. I felt him fumble around in my underwear, and I was so helpless.. I'm so sorry.."

Scott shook his head at him. "Mitchie, there was nothing you could have-"

"Did I just cheat on you?! Does that count as rape?! Wait.. No. No it doesn't. Never mind." Mitch interrupted.

"Mitchell. I told you that you could call me Scott, but don't disrespect me. I know you're upset. I know tonight was probably the scariest thing that's ever happened to you. What do you want me to do for you?" Scott asked.

Mitch shook his head. "Please.. Can I shower? I need his touch off of me. I'm disgusting."

Scott stood, and began undressing Mitch. "You're not disgusting. Look at yourself. You are absolutely beautiful."

*****

Scott sat outside the bathroom, as Mitch had asked in the most respectful way possible, to let him shower alone.

So here he sat on the edge of the bed, facing the bathroom door.

His ears perked up when the water turned off.

The moment Mitch walked out, Scott jumped up on his feet in concern.

Mitch stood before him with a towel around his waist, his skin bright red from rubbing it too hard.

Scott ran up to him and gently touched the red skin he could see.

"Why did you...?" Scott asked softly.

Mitch shook his head and looked down at himself. "I.. I had to scrub him off of me.. Every time I look down at my body.. I see him.. I feel him.. Everywhere.."

Mitch suddenly covered his mouth with his hand, and Scott knew he was close to tears.

Scott hugged him and rubbed his back. "Don't cry. Don't you dare cry."

Mitch bit his lip, and tried to blink the tears away. "I-I'm sorry."

Scott pulled back and looked Mitch in the eyes. "Don't apologize. Just please don't cry, sweetheart."

Mitch's bottom lip trembled.

Scott frowned when he saw it, and leaned in to peck Mitch's lips.

Mitch smiled when Scott pulled back. "You still love me?" He whispered.

Scott smiled and tilted his head. "I never stopped. Why wouldn't I still love you?"

Mitch shrugged and looked back down at the red splotches covering his chest.

Scott hooked a finger under Mitch's chin. "Hey, look at me."

Mitch met Scott's blue eyes with watery ones.

Scott kissed his lips again, more gently this time. "You are so strong. Avi talks about my strength, but it's you. It's always been you. You're the reason I wake up every day. You're the reason I am as strong as I am. You make me strong."

"How could that be?"

Scott smiled and ran his thumb over Mitch's soft bottom lip. "Just being in your presence improves my mental state. Your smile just lights up my whole day. Everything I do to protect you, is repaid as soon as I get to see your beautiful face. Even if I get hurt saving you.."

Scott motioned to a few large bruises on his own body, left by the men dressed in black that kept him from Mitch.

Scott continued. "It's all worth it, when I get to spend another day with you. Even when you think you look bad in the mornings, you're still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Mitch smiled and leaned towards Scott, but he jumped back. "Sorry! Sorry."

Scott raised an eyebrow. "What was that?"

"I didn't want to kiss you without your permiss-"

Scott cut him off with an eye roll and a kiss.

After Scott pulled away, he kept their foreheads touching. "New rule." He breathed.

Mitch widened his eyes. "I'm listening. Tell me, please." He said over excitedly.

Scott grinned at him and looked at his lips. "You don't have to ask permission to kiss me."

Mitch's smile stretched from ear to ear. "Really?"

"Really."

******