Chapter 91

(A/N)

New story cover!!

TYSM CheayReneeBilliot17

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

ALRIGHT, NOW. Let's do this thang!

******

Avi closed the door and faced Scott. "Well what do you do with information like that?"

Kirstin spoke from the couch. "I liked his hair."

Kevin rose from his seat and turned the T.V. off. "I believe you're supposed to follow orders when you hear something like that.."

Avi shrugged. "Okay. Let's do it then. Which room?"

Scott grabbed Mitch's hand and helped him stand from the couch. "We could stay in my room. Furthest from the door."

Avi almost laughed.

Almost.

"Absolutely not. I don't even want to know what kinds of things go on in that room." Avi replied quickly.

A light blush dusted Mitch's cheeks and he tucked his head into Scott's chest.

Kevin sighed. "Don't be rude. We'll just stay in mine. Deal?"

Avi shrugged and followed him into Kevin's room.

The five of them walked in, and Kevin started picking books up off the floor. "Sorry about that, guys."

Mitch froze as soon as he walked in the room.

Scott closed the door behind all of them and came up next to Mitch, setting a hand on his lower back. "You okay? What's wrong?"

Mitch looked at him with wide eyes. "I can smell them.. How can they be that close..?"

Scott pulled Mitch's chin so he'd meet Scott's eyes. "You what?! You smell Counsel Alphas?"

Mitch nodded.

Avi walked over quickly. "How close? Can you tell?"

Mitch thought about it. "I'm not for sure.. But not close.. I think."

Kevin piped up. "But if you two can't smell it, then that means they're beyond our doorstep."

Avi nodded. "But they're here. On camp grounds. I hope everyone's alright.."

Scott glanced at the door to Kevin's room, before looking at Avi. "Would you like me to check?"

Avi pondered that, but then shook his head. "I can't risk that, Rookie. Need you here."

Scott nodded. "Yes, Sir. Just tell me what to do."

Avi looked around at his pack.

Kirstie was sitting on the bed, Kevin was tidying up his books, and Mitch was tucked into Scott's side.

He sighed. "I don't think there's anything we can do, Rookie. We just have to sit and hope they don't find us. If they do, that's when I'll need you."

Scott nodded and looked down at Mitch for a moment, before kissing the side of his head.

Mitch looked up at Scott, and Scott could swear he saw tears forming in his brown eyes.