Chapter 12

Mitch jolted awake the next morning, when he reached for Scott and instead made contact with cold bed sheets.

Keeping his eyes closed he tried to think of where Scott could be.

He pouted his lip and started to shout. "Where's my Boobie?!"

"Your what..?" A low voice rumbled.

Oh..

Shit.

Mitch shot up and opened his eyes. "Sir, I am so sorry, I wasn't thinking properly and I.. And I.."

Mitch ran out of things to say, and instead just sat frozen in fear with Avi's scrutinizing eyes glaring down at him.

Avi sighed. "Please tell me that isn't one of Scott's rules. To call him 'Boobie'.."

Mitch shook his head frantically. "No, no of course not, Sir. I'm so very sorry. It was just the first thing I thought of in a panic."

Avi sighed again and shook his head. "You know what? It doesn't matter. Calm down, Mitchell. I'll let this one slide. I came in here to apologize for the way I spoke to you yesterday."

Mitch smiled and stood up. "Is this a joke, Sir?"

Avi looked offended, so Mitch quickly covered his tracks. "Oh, I'm sorry, Alpha. It's just.. Unheard of for an Alpha to apologize to an Omega.."

Avi shrugged. "I guess that's true. But here I am. And I'm sorry. You accept?"

Mitch grinned wide. "Of course, Alpha! Thank you for that! I'll never ignore you again, believe me."

"Oh, so you're afraid of me now too?"

Mitch's eyes widened. "No, no of course not, Sir! I.. Just.. Um.."

Mitch looked around in a panic, and Avi raised an eyebrow at him.

Mitch clapped his hands suddenly. "I just meant that Scott sure gave me a good punishment! Boy oh boy, did he punish me good."

He laughed nervously.

Avi squinted at him, and then nodded. "Of course."

Mitch nodded awkwardly. "If I may.. May I ask you a question?"

Avi nodded and tilted his head with interest.

"Where is, um.. Where is My Alpha? Oh! I mean, of course you're right here! I just mean where is that other Alpha? The Alpha that I never think about more about than you! That.. That um. Loser." Mitch rambled.

Avi smiled at his efforts. "Your Alpha is in the kitchen. Your Master is right here."

Mitch raised his eyebrows. "Would you like me to call you Master, Sir?"

"If you would like. Don't try to impress me Mitchell. Scott can be your Alpha. Just always remember that I am The Alpha. Understood?"

Mitch smiled from ear to ear. "Really?! Oh my God, thank you! Thank you so-"

Mitch froze and cleared his throat. "I um. Ahem. Thank you, Sir."

Avi laughed and shook his head. "Just go, Mitchell. Find your Alpha."

Mitch squealed, and ran out of the room to give Scott the news about Avi.

*****

Scott was in the kitchen making Mitch a cute little sandwich, when Mitch ran in and nearly knocked him over by latching on to his side.

Mitch wrapped his legs around Scott's waist, and Scott's strong legs kept him balanced while he continued to make Mitch's lunch.

"Sir! He apologized! To me! An Alpha apologized to an Omega! Do you believe it?!" Mitch squealed excitedly.

Scott smiled and handed Mitch the sandwich before locking his fingers under Mitch's rear end so that Mitch could use his hands to eat.

Which he did, adorably.

Scott watched with fond eyes as he held Mitch on his hip like a child.

Mitch giggled as he took small bites of his snack. "Thank you, Sir."

Scott nodded and kissed his forehead. "You are seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen."

Mitch patted Scott's chest. "That's nice of you. Thank you."

Scott smiled and carried him out of the room.

Mitch finished his small sandwich as they entered the living room, and glanced at his messy fingers with a pout.

Scott leaned forward and licked one of Mitch's fingers. "Mm. I did a good job."

Mitch's mouth opened and he nearly drooled when Scott did this. He was going to say something cheeky, but then his instincts took back over. "Oh. I.. Sorry, Sir. If you wanted some I could've save you a little."

Scott leaned back down and took another finger in his mouth, and Mitch's eyes flashed blue.

He opened his mouth to speak, but someone on the couch cleared their throat.

Scott immediately pulled back when Mitch gasped.

They both stood in horror as the Pack Inspector looked at them expectantly.

Mitch pushed harshly on Scott's chest, and Scott dropped him while Mitch's eyes flashed back to normal.

Scott laughed nervously. "Excuse us, Sir. I'm sorry about that. I will send Our Alpha in immediately."

The old Alpha nodded with a look that somewhat resembled disgust.

Scott hesitantly smiled, and them grabbed Mitch's arm to drag him down the hall.

The Pack Inspector was just a man that came by every now and then to make sure things were running smoothly.

But he was kind of an asshole, if you ask Scott.

Scott stood in front of Avi and Kirstin's door and then knocked.

Mitch stood next to Scott, clinging to his large arm while he covered his mouth with delicate fingers.

"I can't believe we just-"

Scott hushed him, when Avi opened the door. "Scott?"

Scott brushed Mitch off of his arm. "Um. Heh. Funny story.."

Avi looked unimpressed. "Scott."

Scott gulped and tried again. "The Pack Inspector is in the living room, Sir."

Avi tilted his head and his eyes widened a little. "Repeat that.."

Scott spoke a little louder. "The Pack Inspector is in the living room, Sir."

Avi pushed past them and peeked down the hall.

Low and behold.. There he sat.

Avi walked back over to them, and pointed at his bedroom where Kirstie sat in the chair at the desk, concerned.

"Go, Mitchell." He commanded.

Mitch nodded and brushed his finger tips against Scott's arm before darting into the room and closing the door.

Mitch knelt down next to Kirstin. "H-He's here."

Kirstie gasped and brought her hands to cover her mouth. "THE PACK INSP-"

"Shhh!" Mitch flailed his arms around at her.

*****