Chapter 55

Avi looked back at Scott. "I thought I was your hero. You fucking lied to me."

Scott growled back. "I wasn't lying. But that was before you tried to go over my head to tell my Omega something that I'll no doubt have to deal with. And what happens if he has nightmares again?"

"You'll take care of it. And if you can't? I will." Avi replied quickly.

Scott snarled, and his teeth sharpened. "You will not touch him. I will clean up your mess. Great job, boss. Scaring our Omegas shitless must be fun for you."

Kevin ran into the kitchen, Mitch trailing behind.

Kevin pushed on both of their chests and stood between them. "Stop it you guys! You're angry energy is fucking with both of your Omegas."

Scott's red eyes never left Avi. "He told my Omega he was going to die."

"I warned him about the inevitable. You didn't fulfill your responsibility to tell him. So I did it. And news flash, Rookie. I'm more powerful than you are. So I'll do what I want." Avi snapped.

Kevin pushed on both of them again. "Knock it off! We're never going to get out of this if both of our leaders are fighting! And if we don't make it out of this, do you want to know what will happen to your Omegas?"

Neither Scott nor Avi moved. They just glared at each other past Kevin.

Kevin looked at both of them and then turned and pushed Avi away.

Then he turned and pushed Scott the other way.

He glared at both of them and pointed down the hall for Mitch to leave.

Mitch ran down the hall, and Kevin turned back to the fuming Alphas.

"For starters, they'll kill the both of you. You're too powerful to live, because you might turn on The Counsel. They'll take me to give them whatever information they might need. They'll take both of your Omegas, and they'll probably be tortured. Especially Kirstie, because she failed the test. And because Mitch is a male Omega, he'll most likely be raped. And without either of you to comfort them? The two Omegas will have no chance at survival. They'll fall into depression. And what happens when one of them dies, and leaves the other one to fend for themselves? They'll probably die too. Is that what you want? Is it really worth bickering over?"

The silence in the room was deafening. Both of their red eyes faded back to their normal color.

Avi looked at Kevin. "Really..?" He whispered.

Kevin shrugged and nodded.

Avi looked back at Scott, but he wasn't there anymore.

Avi dashed down the hall, and found Mitch wrapped up in Scott's embrace in his room.

Mitch must've been hiding in there with Kirstin.

Avi walked in the room and hugged Kirstin.

Scott saw him, and pulled away from Mitch to pick him up bridal style, and walk out of the room.

Scott kicked the door to his own bedroom shut behind him and then sat down on the edge of the bed with Mitch still in his arms.

Scott let Mitch sit across his lap while he hugged the Omega sideways.

Mitch waited a moment. Then he whispered, "I wish you two wouldn't fight."

Scott put his head down and pressed it to Mitch's chest. "I know. I'm sorry. I don't like fighting with him.. But he shouldn't have said that to you."

Mitch rested his head on Scott's. "It's fine. I'm going to be fine. I was going to find out sooner or later."

Scott was silent for a little while. Scott spoke so quietly, Mitch barely caught it. "I just want to protect you from everything. And it hurts to know that I can't."

Mitch picked his head up and kissed Scott's neck that was in front of him.

Scott started to whisper again. "At the end of the day.. You're the most important thing in the world to me. I'd do anything for you.. Take a bullet, even. You're everything to me.. I feel like I've failed you.."

Mitch lifted Scott's head up so that Mitch could see his eyes. The blue that used to seem lively and full of hope, appeared cold and distant.

Mitch stood from his lap, and then pushed Scott back on the bed, also forcing him to lay down. "Scoot up a little." He mumbled.

Scott pushed himself closer to the top of the bed, resting his head on a pillow.

Mitch then crawled up the bed and straddled Scott's hips.

Scott grabbed one of Mitch's hands, and ran his thumb over the back of his hand.

Mitch ran his other hand through Scott's hair. "You haven't failed me. I seriously doubt you could ever fail me. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You don't need to protect me to show me that you love me."

Scott's eyes searched Mitch's face, as he admired all of his features. "But.. It's my job. I don't know how else to repay you for everything you do.."

Mitch continued to run his fingers through Scott's beautiful golden locks. "There's nothing I do for you that you have to repay me for. Ever. I love you so much. Never for a single second have I doubted that. I will always love you. And you love me too?"

"A little more than I did yesterday, and a little less than I will tomorrow."

Mitch smiled and leaned down to kiss Scott.

Scott put his hands on Mitch's sides to help him balance there, while Mitch placed his delicate hands on Scott's face.

Mitch pecked his lips and then met his eyes that were only millimeters away from his own. "If that's true, then we have nothing to worry about. We got a little lost, but I think we've found some clarity. Our love will always find a way through."

Scott smiled and picked his head up to meet Mitch's lips again.

Mitch took a hand from Scott's face to grab at one of Scott's biceps while their mouths moved together.

Scott's smile broke the kiss.

Mitch sat up a little and looked at Scott questioningly. "What are you smiling about?"

Scott shook his head and looked down at Mitch's hand on his arm. "You and your obsession with my arms."

Mitch blushed and sat up straight, still on top of Scott's hips. He retracted his hand from Scott's bicep. "They're nice, I'm just appreciating them."

Scott shook his head fondly. He pulled at Mitch's shirt to pull him down.

Mitch laid completely on top of Scott's body, and Scott put a hand on the back of Mitch's head to hold him there so he could whisper in his ear. "I have plenty more muscles that deserve that kind of appreciation. When will you get to them?"

Mitch shivered at his tone. "Later. You'll have to schedule an appointment."

Scott laughed and sat Mitch up again. "There's the sass I was waiting for."

*******