Chapter 28

Scott and Mitch didn't speak, or interact at all until they got to the house.

Scott leaned over and snatched the suppressants off of Mitch's lap harshly, causing Mitch to flinch.

He slammed his car door shut, and stormed up the steps to the house.

Mitch followed behind him cautiously.

Scott walked into the house, found Avi immediately on the couch and threw the suppressants down on the coffee table in front of him.

Avi muted his TV show and raised an eyebrow at Scott. A challenge, almost.

Scott gestured at the suppressants. "There you go. There are your damn suppressants. So you can force Mitchell to take them, and force him to suffer through without a Heat, force his body to be thrown off cycle, and even force him to have to sit and listen to Kirstie's Heat knowing damn well he won't get one." He fumed.

"Scott. You know this wasn't my idea." Avi tried to reason with him.

Mitch was cowering behind Scott, just listening.

Scott huffed. "You could've tried to help him think of something better. Or at least found out why he can't have one. If that Inspector had told Kirstin she couldn't have her Heat, you'd have gone through the roof. But when it's my Omega, you don't do shit, and I'm not allowed to say anything."

Avi stood from the couch to look Scott closer in the eyes. "Sure, I would've fought for her. But it would've done exactly as little as what you're doing now will do. I can't do anything about this."

Scott shook his head at him and sighed. "This is unfair. You know it is. We don't even know why he can't have his Heat."

Avi glanced nervously at Mitch. "Yes we do." He said quieter.

Mitch's ears perked up, and Scott looked at Avi curiously.

Avi sighed. "We really shouldn't talk about this in front of him."

Scott didn't even blink. "If it's about him, you can say it in front of him. We trained him to be tough."

Avi shrugged. "Fine. It won't be me trying to make him feel better later. The P.I. told me that first of all, the power that you would exhibit towards him would make it so his Heat would only last a day or two. And second, Mitch is.. Well. Mitch is a number 8."

Mitch shifted nervously when Scott answered with a breathy,"oh my God."

Mitch clears his throat. "Um. Alpha? Alphas. What's a number 8?"

Scott didn't turn around, he just stared at Avi with wide eyes.

Scott's whole demeanor softened when he thought about Mitch being an 8.

Avi looked behind Scott at the terrified Omega, and decided to cut him some slack. "Omegas are ranked once they join a pack. Alphas and Betas are too, but that's not important right now. Omegas rankings are based on their desirability, quality, personality, physical attributes, everything. Kirstin is ranked at a number 6. That should give you an idea what it's like to be an 8."

Mitch blinked at him a few times.

Eight?

But Kirstin is so beautiful, and has so many good qualities. She would do anything for Avi.

And she's only a number six?

Mitch took a tiny step closer to Scott. "But.. Why does that mean I can't have a Heat?"

Scott swallowed. "Six through ten rankings have the ability to get pregnant."

*******