Chapter 36

(A/N)

LONG. ASS. CHAPTER.

Sorry not sorry.

Just grab a snack and make yo-self comfortable.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, y'all.

******

The five were all hanging around the living room, when the power came back on.

The lights just flickered back on, and everyone cheered.

Some louder than others.
(Sideways glance towards Mitch who was screaming in excitement.)

Everyone stood up and cheered somewhat sarcastically.

Kevin threw his hands up in the air and yelled, "And God said, let there be light!"

This elicited a laugh from just about everyone.

Mitch ran over to Scott and planted a giant kiss on his lips.

Scott's eyes widened before he put his hands on Mitch's hips and kissed back.

Mitch pulled back and a huge smile spread across his face. "Thank God."

Kevin raised a hand. "Actually from a nonreligious standpoint, thank Benjamin Franklin."

Scott left his hands on Mitch's hips as he turned to look at Kevin. "Can you not be smart for like.. One second?"

Kevin really pondered that for a second.

Like really.

He did that sometimes, even with the most sarcastic of questions.

As if he could actually answer an impossible question if he thought about it hard enough.

Finally, "Why would I want to do that?"

Avi laughed loudly and then covered his mouth with his hand, while his eyes widened.

Kirstin giggled at Avi's side, and smiled at him. "You're allowed to laugh sometimes. It's not a crime.."

Avi shrugged. "Just doesn't happen a lot."

Kirstin nodded somewhat sadly. "I know."

Mitch backed up out of Scott's reach as Avi began to speak to all of them.

Avi rubbed his hands together and smiled. "What should we do first, with our new found electricity?"

Kirstie and Mitch gasped and looked right at each other. "MOVIES!" They shouted.

Avi only looked at Scott for a second (who looked just about as confused as he did), until both Mitch and Kirstie were jumping all over them, begging to watch some movie.

Scott looked at Avi desperately.

Avi rolled his eyes and smiled. "Of course. You two go pick one, and Scott and I will meet you in there."

Kirstin and Mitch both yelled out a 'Thank you' before running into the room with the T.V.

Avi pinched the bridge of his nose, and Scott walked closer to him.

Avi sighed, and closed his eyes. "Why do they always want to watch a movie?"

"What did you think they were going to say they wanted to do?"

Avi threw his hands up slightly. "I don't know. I thought maybe they'd want food, or to play one of their energy consuming games."

Scott shrugged. "Mitch has been pretty excited about having a movie night with everyone so.."

Avi looked at him for a good second or two, before sighing again. "Then so it shall be. Lets go make sure they picked something good."

He took one step to follow Scott and then stopped.

He turned and looked around with his eyes. "Uh.. Where's Kevin?"

Scott turned as well. "I don't know. Would you like me to look down the hall?"

Avi nodded, and Scott was gone.

Scott came back a few moments later, without Kevin.

Avi raised an eyebrow at him.

Scott walked past him and shrugged. "He's checking the house's voicemail to make sure there weren't any meetings or anything important for you that we missed without power."

Avi pondered, and then nodded. "Smart man."

*****

Scott was now laying on the floor with his head in Mitch's lap, while Mitch was playing with his hair.

Scott and Avi had exchanged uneasy glances when Kirstin held up 'Marley and Me', because they both knew that both of their Omegas were positively going to cry their eyes out.

But Scott was actually kind of enjoying it.

He looked up for a second to see how Avi was doing, and saw Avi looking at he and Kirstie's intertwined hands with a small smile.

Kirstin's eyes were lighting up every time she saw the puppy dance across the screen, and the sight made Scott smile.

Those two were so adorable.

And no matter how many times Avi put up his 'bad Alpha' facade, Scott saw straight through it.

Scott knew that Avi was just a big teddy bear underneath all his dominance.

Scott smiled fondly at them, and then turned to look at the screen again.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Mitch staring at the door.

Scott looked up at him then. He tugged a little at the silver chain Mitch was wearing around his neck to get his attention.

Mitch continued to look at the door.

Scott pulled a little harder, but soon gave up and spoke. "Mitchie? What's up?"

Mitch nodded towards the closed door. "Kevin's coming."

Avi heard, and turned towards the door to take a sniff. "You're right. Jesus, you have a good sense of smell."

Mitch shrugged, and looked down at Scott. "I guess. Kevin seems stressed."

"What makes you say-"

The door flew open, and Kevin stood there with a paper in his hands.

Avi paused the movie and raised one eyebrow at him. "What's wrong?"

Kevin held out the paper, and one could argue that his hand was shaking considerably. "Kirstin and Mitchell have to go in for an examination with The Counsel."

Scott looked up at Avi from the floor. "What's so wrong with that?"

Kevin swallowed and looked at Mitch with sympathy. "If they aren't trained well enough in whatever The Counsel is testing on, they will be taken from Avi's care. They'll.. Be transferred to another pack."

******