Chapter 166

Scott and Avi were cleaning the kitchen before the Betas came home, when Avi had an idea.

Scott hadn't even realized he'd said anything, until Avi tapped his shoulder. "Hey. Is that a good idea or not?"

"What?"

Avi sighed and then rolled his eyes. "I said. With all the stress going around lately, maybe we should go on a vacation."

"Ooh. Are you serious? Because sign me up." Scott said, closing the dishwasher after filling it completely with plates and silverware.

Avi shrugged, wiping off the counter. "Why not? Let's do it. We all really need a vacation. It'll have to be after your parents come into town."

"Are we bringing Travis' pack too?"

Avi stopped and turned to look at him. "That is a very good question. I have no idea."

Scott shook his head. "I would say 'let's ask Kevin'. But, y'know."

"You can ask when he comes back."

Scott nodded, and then Mitch ran past him in the kitchen.

He turned his head curiously, and then smiled when he saw Kirstie chasing after him with a toilet plunger, laughing hysterically.

Scott shook his head and then continued what he was doing.

Avi chuckled a little bit. "They're not allowed to have coffee. They're forced to wake up whenever we do. They don't eat very much. So, where they get their energy from, will always be a mystery to me."

"Well that's what happens when you live a carefree life, Mr. Protective." Scott quipped with a smirk.

Avi turned to him and scoffed. "Look who's talking, Mr. peanut butter and jealous."

"I do not get.. Fine." Scott replied slowly, bending down a little to wipe up a dirty spot on the kitchen floor with the sponge in his hand.

Scott stood up again, and Avi pointed at the ground. "You missed a spot."

Scott just glared at him. "I will end you."

Avi laughed. "Easy. Easy. I was just joking."

Scott glared at him, and then he was laughing too.

They were basically fighting like brothers now.

Which, is a really really good thing.

Mitch darted past him in the kitchen again, giggling like a madman.

Scott tried to warn him about the water, but Mitch had slipped and fallen before Scott could even open his mouth.

Kirstie, coming full speed behind him, tripped over him and fell too.

Avi was knelt down in an instant, as tears sprung to Kirstie's eyes. "Oh, baby. Are you okay?"

He helped her stand up, his eyes never leaving her face.

She nodded and looked down at Mitch, still on the ground.

Scott's knees were on the floor as he tried to help Mitch stand, but Mitch shook his head. "Ouchie.."

"Did you get hurt? Where??" Scott demanded quietly.

Mitch frowned and one of his hands came up to touch the back of his head. "I hit my head.."

"Are you dizzy? Do you feel tired?"

Mitch shook his head. "No. I think I'm okay."

Scott breathed a sigh of relief, and stood to help Mitch stand as well.

Once Mitch was up right, he turned to Kirstin. "I'm sorry.."

She frowned right back. "I'm sorry too."

Scott shook his head at them. "It wasn't either of your guys' fault. It was mine. I shouldn't have put water on the floor without drying it... Kevin would've told me to dry it."

Avi wiped one of the tears off Kirstie's face, as she stared speaking. "Kevin also would've told me not to chase Mitch..."

Mitch frowned and pushed himself as close to Scott as he could be. "I miss Kevin..."

Scott wrapped an arm around Mitch's midsection. "We all do, Sunshine. He'll be back soon."

Kirstin frowned and looked down at the ground. "My foot hurts.."

Before Avi could say anything, Mitch pouted. "I'm sorry, Kitty. I didn't mean to trip you."

Scott gently flicked Mitch's thigh with his finger. "I just told you it wasn't your fault. Would you stop blaming yourself for everything?"

Mitch frowned at him, and then looked at the ground. "I'm sorry.."

"Stop apologizing."

"Okay, sorry. Oh! Sorry." Mitch just covered his mouth after that, deciding that was the only way he could keep himself from saying that.

Scott just shook his head with a smile. "You need a vacation."

"From what?"

"Everything."

"Even you? It wouldn't be a vacation if you weren't there." Mitch said with a pout.

Avi shook his head at them. "I think we all need a vacation. Let's do it. How does the beach sound?"

Kirstie gasped and turned around to face him. "Wait, are you serious?!"

Mitch smiled widely at Avi, waiting for his answer.

Avi just shrugged. "Who says we can't? I could get us a hotel.. We haven't used any of the money we've gotten from the publicity of defeating The First Alpha. We could literally spend a month anywhere we wanted."

Scott smiled at Mitch's excited presence.

Kirstie smiled at Mitch, and then they both squealed at each other.

Mitch grabbed her in a hug as they spun a little, talking loudly.

Scott raised an eyebrow at Avi. A silent, 'now look what you did'.

Avi just shrugged again. "You could certainly use a vacation after your parents leave."

Scott groaned and leaned back on the counter top. "Ugh. I forgot. Can we leave before they get here?"

"No, Scott. You have to face the music eventually."

Mitch stopped twirling and faced Avi. "What does that even mean? Like.. What does it literally mean?"

Kevin walked into the kitchen then. "Well some people believe that--"

But Kirstin and Mitch both had him suffocated in a hug before he even got halfway through his explanation.

Todrick walked in behind him. "In movies when something happens, there is usually a certain kind of music behind it. For example, when people succeed at something, the music is often triumphant. Say, trumpets."

Mitch skipped over and hugged him too. "You're wearing a lot of black..."

"Well that's what people do at funerals, Mitchie Moo."

"I knew that.. I just.. You're too happy to be wearing black." Mitch said quietly, moving away from him.

Kevin gave him a tight smile. "I missed you guys."

Mitch smiled. "How was the funeral?"

Kevin's smile instantly dropped, and Mitch rushed to try to fix it. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that! I'm an idiot, I am so sorry."

Scott tugged his arm so that Mitch would back up to stand closer to his Alpha. "Don't call yourself names."

Avi moved in then, giving Kevin a hug.

Travis and Alex wandered in at some point, giving Todrick the same attention.

*******