Chapter 69

Mitch stood frozen for a good five seconds.

Suddenly he ran forward and jumped up to hug Alex and wrap his legs around Alex's waist.

Mitch just held on to him chanting, "oh my God, Al. Oh my God.. Oh my God!"

Scott just leaned on the wall next to Avi. "So this is Alex? The other Omega that was in the.. The bad house?"

Avi nodded. "Yeah. He was Mitchell's best friend for a long time."

Scott nodded.

Mitch kept his legs around Alex's waist but pulled away and put his hands on Alex's face.

He had a huge smile on his face, especially when Alex leaned in and kissed his cheek. "You look a lot happier now."

Mitch nodded. "You too. God, I've missed you."

Avi snuck away to go down the hall to find Kevin and Kirstin.

Scott just watched on, until someone walked up next to him. "Hey.. I'm Travis. You must be Mitch's Alpha..?"

Scott turns to face yet another Alpha. "Yeah. The name is Scott. And your Alex's?"

Travis nodded and stuck a hand out, which Scott gladly shook.

Travis pulled his hand away and leaned back on the wall. "They're pretty cute."

Scott nodded.

Mitch finally dropped his feet to the ground and hugged Alex again. "You smell a lot happier too."

Alex laughed. "Thank you."

Mitch pulled back again and looked at Alex's forehead.

The scar was still there from one of Alex's punishments.

Mitch gently touched the fading scar. "Thought this would've been gone by now."

Alex smiled sadly. "I know. Oh well."

Mitch frowned. "Does it make you.. Remember things? From that house?"

Alex shrugged. "I don't know. Every time I see it I think of you. Not necessarily the bad things."

Mitch nodded. "That's nice of you. I told my Alpha you look like a male model."

Mitch giggled adorably, and Alex smiled. "Well, thank you. You're sweet."

Scott came to Mitch's side, and Travis followed.

Travis tapped Mitch's shoulder. "I don't know if you remember me.. It's been a couple of years.."

Mitch threw his arms around Travis and giggled. "Of course I remember you! Silly Travis. As if I could ever forget."

Travis laughed and hugged him back before pulling away. "Well. Alexander told me you were adorable but I didn't think it was this bad."

Mitch laughed and turned back to Alex. "Aww, you think I'm adorable!"

Alex was working on a reply, when Travis held up a hand. "Hold that thought, Omega. Scott? Can I ask you something? We're actually here for a pretty serious reason."

Alex nodded at the command, and Scott put his arm over Mitch's shoulder while turning to face Travis. "I'm listening."

Travis glanced down the hall, and then faced Scott. "How is Avi as a leader? I don't know how much you know.. But it used to be me. And I left because I was very confident he could handle it. How's it been going?? Please tell me he's been doing his job.."

Scott nodded. "Oh, absolutely. He's actually doing a great job. He told me about you.. But honestly? If he hadn't told me about you, I would have assumed he'd been a leading Alpha his whole life."

Travis sighed. "Thank God. I figured he'd be good at it, but I just needed to make sure. Avi treats you well, Mitch?"

Mitch nodded. "Yes, Sir."

Travis nodded. "Good, good. He trained you to be polite. That's good. Scott? Would you mind getting Avi for me?"

Scott nodded, took his arm off of Mitch and walked down the hall.

Travis waited for him to go, before he took a step closer to Mitch. "Please tell me that Scott is nothing like your other Alphas.."

"Oh, no. Nothing like them. Practically the polar opposite." Mitch reassured.

Travis squinted at him. "You're not lying to protect him, are you?"

"I would never lie to you, Sir."

Travis smiled and heard Scott coming back down the hall with Avi.

Travis leaned in a little closer. "Good boy."

Mitch practically glowed under the approval.

Scott came back up to Mitch and put his arm around Mitch's waist, pulling him close, and then kissing his cheek.

Mitch giggled while Avi started talking to Travis.

Alex smiled at Mitch, glad that he'd found the happiness he deserved after suffering in that other pack.

Travis turned to Avi. "I have good news."

Avi smiled. "That would be pretty great right about now."

Travis smiled back. "My pack has a connection to The Counsel. My brother is a highly ranked Über Alpha, and he has promised that this area can be protected. He can do a lot to keep The Counsel out of this area."

Scott looked at Avi with wide eyes, but Avi didn't seem as excited. "That seems too easy. How could he possibly keep them out?"

"He's been put on a search team that is searching a large area, that includes this one. He's talked to everyone on his team, and they've agreed to let you all slip by. They had Omegas taken from them also, and I think they just wish they'd thought of running away like you all did. Apparently, Übers are no exception to the Omega Examination." Travis explained.

Avi hummed in thought. "I.. Huh. Well. I guess we'll see. That's amazing of that team to do. The only way for us to beat The Counsel would be from the inside. That would be the perfect start to a rebellion."

Travis nodded. "I know. The Counsel will fall apart eventually. This is just the beginning."

******