Chapter 17

"Excuse me? Mitchell? What in the Hell is this?!"

Mitch instantly dropped onto the floor, and scrambled to his feet while Kirstie did the same.

Kirstin looked around the room timidly as she noticed how many board games they'd left out.

There must have been 20 games lying around in various places in the living room.

Mitch stood as stiff as a board as he met Avi's angry red eyes. "S-Sir. I wasn't sure when you'd be home, so I wasn't sure when we should clean up."

Avi tilted his head slowly as he digested the information. "Okay.. Explain to me this. Why didn't you clean up each game after you finished it?"

Mitch glanced nervously at Kirstie.

"Look at me, Omega. Don't look at her. Answer me." Avi demanded.

Mitch looked directly at Avi and didn't even look at Scott. He didn't look at anything else. "Yes, sir. We thought maybe we would play them again, so we just left them out."

Avi nodded. "Fair enough. Now. Who's idea was it to get these out?"

Mitch gulped and became visibly more nervous.

Avi stepped dangerously close to him. "Answer me." He grit out.

Mitch was a mess. He didn't want to get Kirstin in trouble for anything, because Avi's punishments were pretty rough.

But he didn't want to be punished either. He didn't want to disappoint Scott.

But those were his only options.

Avi furrowed his eyebrows. "That's two times you've ignored me. Don't you dare get to three."

Mitch whimpered. He was probably going to get punished either way.

Mitch finally opened his mouth. "I.. I did it. I got the games out."

"Without permission?"

Mitch's bottom lip started to wobble. "Yes, sir. Without permission."

Avi hummed in thought. "Interesting. Well I think you'll agree that you deserve a punishment, yes?"

Mitch nodded. "Yes, sir."

Avi opened his mouth to speak, but Kirstin finally jumped in. "No! No, he's lying. I did it. I got the games out because Mitch was afraid of being here without his Alphas, and I wanted to distract him from it. I'm sorry, sir."

Avi shifted his gaze from Mitch to Kirstie. "What? You did it?"

Kirstin nodded. "I'm very sorry, Alpha."

Avi's eyes seemed to fade a little. "I'm sorry, Kit. I may have to punish you."

Kirstie nodded again. "No, I understand. That's fine. Now?"

Avi nodded slowly.

Kirstie walked straight down the hall without asking any more questions. Avi looked around at everyone, and gave Mitch a pat on the back when he walked by to follow Kirstin.

Mitch stood there until he heard the door close, and then he made eye contact with Scott and Kevin.

They both rushed forward.

Kevin panicked first. "Jesus, are you okay? Why'd you do that?"

Mitch shrugged, and his bottom lip continued to quiver. "I-I didn't want h-her to get p-punished. She was just t-trying to do s-something nice for m-me."

Kevin 'tsk'ed. "Mitchie. That was kind of you to do. But you might get punished too, now. You lied right to his face. I'm really sorry."

Mitch nodded regretfully. "I know.. I-I know."

Kevin gave his shoulder a pat. "I'm going to bed. That meeting sucked the life out of me. I'll see you two tomorrow."

Mitch nodded and then dropped his head in shame. "I'm sorry, Alpha."

Scott walked closer to him, slowly. "Why's that?"

"I've embarrassed you. I'm a bad Omega." Mitch whimpered.

"Mitchie, stop worrying yourself. I love you, you could never embarrass me. Lets clean this mess up, and get some sleep. Okay?" Scott rationed.

Mitch looked up and nodded. "I can clean it. You're already tired, just let me fix my mistake."

Scott shook his head, and bent down to pick one of the board games up.

Mitch took it out of his hands. "Alpha, stop. I made this mess, and I want to clean it. Don't over work yourself. Please let me do it."

Scott took it back. "Don't take things from me, Omega. I want to help. I'm tired, but I won't sleep if you're not in that bed with me. So lets just do this quick."

Mitch nodded. "Okay. Yes, Sir. I'm sorry."

Scott turned and picked up another game while Mitch went and folded up the 'Twister' game.

It didn't take long at all, actually.

*****