Chapter 81

(A/N)

Writing this in Spanish class.

HEY Y'ALL.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 70K

LIKE WHAT EVEN.

70?!

I CAN'T EVEN COUNT THAT HIGH.

KIDDING.

sort of.

ANYWAY ENJOY. LOVE YOU ^.^

*******

Mitch was now sitting on the edge of the bed, watching Scott pace relentlessly in front of him.

The cabin had been pretty quiet without Kevin or Kirstin there to lift the mood.

Mitch actually missed Kevin shouting random facts. He even missed Kevin trying to explain difficult things to him.

Kirstin was just.. Irreplaceable. And Avi won't be the same until she's back.

All this was running through Mitch's head, and the two had only been gone for one day.

Mitch made breakfast this morning.

Kevin always made breakfast.

Mitch cleaned the table.

Kirstie always cleaned the table.

Mitch watched Scott sigh once more, before he finally sat up a little straighter. "Is everything alright, Alpha?"

Scott kept pacing. "I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean, Sir?"

Scott finally stopped and sat down next to Mitch in a huff. "I don't have to punish you anymore. Thank The Lord. But I still.. How am I supposed to get you to follow instructions? Kirstin follows Avi without a single word. But I let you get away with things.. And now.. Now you're starting to argue with me."

Mitch's eyes widened. "I'm so sorry! I-I just get snappy sometimes.. I don't mean to disrespect you.."

"That's fine. That's not my point. Just.. When will it get so bad.. When will you.. What happens if an argument makes us.. What if it ruins us?" Scott asked quietly.

Mitch grabbed his hand and stared at it while he interlocked their fingers. "I won't.. I will try not to argue anymore.. Just.. Yell at me or something."

Scott looked at their fingers too. "I don't want to yell at you, Sweetheart."

Mitch looked at the side of Scott's head. "If I deserve it, do it. I have to learn somehow."

Scott sighed and met Mitch's eyes. "Just don't argue. Then I won't have to yell. Deal?"

"Deal."

*******

"A-Alpha?" Mitch asked hesitantly, walking into Avi's room.

Avi hadn't come out of that room for almost a day.

Not even to eat.

Avi was staring blankly out the window. "What do you need, Mitchell?" He said flatly.

Mitch walked in carefully. "Are you okay, Sir?"

Avi nodded once.

Mitch walked a little closer. "Please tell me what's wrong.."