Chapter 139

(A/N)

THE DOUBLE UPDATE

ItS HAppENinG!!

Also, can I just say that I love that some of y'all drop everything just to read this.

Literally, you guys are the best.

I LOVE YOUUUU :D

Who's ready to meet the Kaplan parents?!?!

(Please know that I don't ACTUALLY think that they act like this.)

((I'm sure they're like REALLY REALLY REALY nice.))

********

Mitch had barely walked out of their bedroom when the doorbell rang.

He jumped and Scott accidentally ran into his back. "Oh! Sorry, Mitchie."

Mitch just stood in front of him, frozen to the spot.

Scott walked around and met his eyes. "Mitch?"

Mitch shook his head and his hands came up to cover his mouth. "Oh God. I can't do this."

Scott grabbed his hands and kissed them. "Yes you can. I know you can. Your family loves you."

"But what about The Alpha's parents? What if I'm not good enough?" Mitch asked quietly.

Scott shook his head. "Impossible. They're going to love you. Just you wait."

Mitch squeezed Scott's hand as tight as he could while Scott lead him down the hall.

Kevin had already let the first guests in, and Mitch was grateful they weren't Avi's parents.

Not quite yet.

Kirstie squealed when she saw them. "Oh my gosh, hi Mom! Hi Dad!"

Her Dad chuckled and opened his arms for her to run into.

She quickly hugged her mother afterwards.

Kevin opened the door again after the loud knock.

He gasped at the sight of his own parents. "Hello, you two! It's been forever."

Mitch stood frozen behind Scott, clinging to his arm hard enough to leave bruises.

His own parents walked in then, carrying a crate in their arms.

Mitch's mother's face positively lit up when she saw the small boy. "Oh, Mitchell! Look at you."

Mitch ran over and gave her a hug, before hugging his father. "I missed you guys so much!"

His Dad chuckled and handed Mitch the crate he was holding. "You didn't forget about little Wyatt, did you?"

Mitch gasped and covered his face with his hands. "Never! Oh my goodness, look how big you are now!"

Mitch's mom took the small cat out of his carrying crate, and let Mitch cradle him in his arms.

Mitch turned around to find Scott, who had easily made himself almost invisible as he lingered in the back of the room.

Mitch smiled at him. "Want to meet my cat?"

Scott slowly walked over to him. "I'm allergic to cats.."

"You can't be allergic to this one. He has no fur." Mitch said with a grin.

Scott stared at the hairless creature and then smiled at Mitch. "He's adorable. What's his name?"