Chapter 79

Kevin walked in the door, but before Avi could follow, Kevin turned and pushed him farther away from the doorstep.

Avi just stared at him. "What the Hell, Kevin?"

Kevin just shook his head. "You.. Can't go in there right now."

Avi looked over Kevin's shoulder. "What are you talking about?"

Kevin just kept his hands on Avi's shoulders. "I smell Heat."

Avi shook his head. "Impossible. Mitch can't have a Heat and Kirstin's isn't for a week or so."

Kevin shook his head slowly. "If she was in the presence of an Alpha, it can trigger an early Heat. Scott's been home all day."

Avi tilted his head for a moment and then tried to bolt past him, but Kevin grabbed him as well as he could. "No! No you can't! Sir, you promised you'd let her do it on her own! If you go in, you won't be able to resist."

Avi didn't slow down at all, he just kept marching straight on into the house.

Kevin trailed behind him helplessly. "Sir.."

Avi walked straight in and walked up to Scott and Mitch who were sitting on the couch.

He pulled Scott off the couch by the front of his shirt. "Did you touch her?" He growled, eyes bright red.

Scott shook his head. "Absolutely not. I wouldn't do that."

Scott slapped Avi's hand away and stood up straighter.

Avi looked down the hall. "What happened?" He looked back at Scott, and looked him up and down. "I can smell her on you. What happened?"

Scott shook his head. "Nothing. I swear."

Avi smacked Scott's shoulder, without realizing he'd hit Scott's bad shoulder. "I can smell her! Tell me what happened!"

Scott held his shoulder. "Damn it, Avi. She came on to me. I pushed her away, told her that she wanted to do her Heat on her own. So that's what she's going to do."

Avi clenched his jaw. "Why do I smell her on your pants? What did you do to her, you fucking liar?"

Scott shoved him away so there would be at least a foot between them. "I didn't do anything to her! You know I wouldn't! She tried to unzip my pants, but I pushed her off. I swear."

Avi growled. "Where is she?"

Scott tipped his head towards the hall. "Bedroom."

Avi made a move to walk down the hall, but Scott grabbed his arm. "You can't."

Avi just froze. "Why not?"

Scot dropped his hand from Avi's. "You told her you respected her decision. You know she isn't thinking clearly. God, she can probably smell you already.."

Avi sighed. He glanced at the front door. "I'm going for a walk."

No one said anything, no one moved.. Mitch might've even stopped breathing for a moment.

Avi left, and the door slammed.

Mitch flinched and Kevin sighed. "We should probably leave him alone. You know.. No offense, Alpha. But your presence in this cabin probably isn't helping her much either.."

Scott pressed his lips together. "I know. Would you be alright staying here alone for a while? I could go explore the camp for a bit.. Take Mitchell with me. Would you be okay looking after her? I'll only be gone an hour or so."

Kevin nodded with a smile. "Of course. I'll just read a little."

As Scott dragged Mitch out the door, Mitch threw a, "Of course that's what you'll do", back over his shoulder.

The door closed on the melodic sound of Kevin's laughter.

*******

Scott had circled around most of the cabins, and they were now walking along the edge of the river near the outskirts of the camp.

Mitch was closest to the water, holding Scott's hand as he skipped along.

Mitch giggled as he almost slipped.

Scott's grip tightened on Mitch's hand and he looked at him disapprovingly. "Be careful."

Mitch smiled at him and continued to skip.

Before Scott even knew what happened, he was holding Mitch's waist inches from the water.

Scott growled and pulled him up to stand on his feet. "Damn it, Mitchell. I told you to be careful."

Mitch whimpered. "I-I'm sorry. I just slipped..."

Scott sighed and kissed Mitch's forehead. "I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have... I just worry about you."

Mitch smiled and hugged him. "I know. You'll always protect me. I should've listened to you."

Scott grabbed his hand and started walking again.

Mitch seemed upset now. No longer skipping, or even smiling.

Scott sighed and pulled Mitch into a hug. "I'm sorry, Sweetheart. I'm just stressed, I don't mean to take it out on you."

Mitch hugged him back, burrowing into the warmth. "That's alright, Sir. I understand."

Scott pulled him back and held him by the shoulders. "But it's not okay. Don't say it's okay. You should never have to settle for less than you deserve.. And you deserve the world."

Mitch smiled. "You're so kind hearted, Sir. You're just under a lot of pressure, and I understand that. That's fine. Just.. Let's talk about it if you're upset. Just tell me when you're stressed out. I'd love to help in any way I can."

Scott smiled and kissed Mitch's forehead. "You're so amazing.."

Mitch pouted his lip. "I wanna kiss your forehead too.."

Scott rolled his eyes fondly, before bending a little so Mitch's lips could reach his head.

Mitch smiled again and kissed his forehead. "Yay! Thank you. "

Scott just stood back up and shook his head. "I'd do anything to see that smile."

*******