Chapter 94

Travis met Scott's eyes for a second as he spoke into the phone. "Are you still with a Counsel Group?"

Scott waited through the silence.

Travis nodded. "And where are you? Are you near the parking lot? Because someone is."

Scot slid his hand into Mitch's back pocket.

Travis looked over at Scott. "So you are in the parking lot? That's you?... Okay well next time could you call us about that?... Well I have an Omega here who can smell you, and he's probably freaked out... That's all I'm saying."

He smiled at Mitch for a moment. "Okay.. Thanks. Yeah. Bye."

Travis looked back down at the map on the table. "That's them. That's their group in the parking lot. I'm sorry about that, Mitchell. But they have to linger around here so that The Counsel thinks they're doing what they're supposed to be doing."

Mitch nods. "That's okay. As long as we know they're not the other Counsel people."

Travis nodded. "Thanks for getting here on such short notice. I'll send an Alpha around to release everyone from lockdown."

Scott removed his hand from Mitch's pocket to shake Travis' hand. "Anytime. Just out of curiosity, can your Omega smell them too?"

Travis shook his head. "His sense of smell is more comparable to an Alphas. Still above average, but nothing like Mitchell's."

Scott nodded. "Oh okay. I was just curious."

He took Mitch's hand and started to leave, but then turned before he reached the door. "Oh and your Beta, Todrick? He's delightful."

Travis laughed. "Isn't he? He sings, too."

Scott laughed and pulled Mitch outside.

******

Upon returning to the house and explaining everything that happened to the rest of the pack, Scott decided he needed a snack before carrying on with his day.

Mitch stood beside him as he made small peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, listening to the soft hum of conversation going on in the living room.

He handed Mitch half of the sandwich he'd made for him, and as soon as Mitch saw it, he giggled.

Scott raised an eyebrow at him.

Mitch covered his mouth for a second before answering. "Remember when you made these, and The Inspector guy caught us in the early stages of.. That thing..?"

Scott smiled. He remembered, but he was curious why Mitch couldn't say the word. "What thing?"

Mitch raised his eyebrows suggestively. "Y'know. That.. Thing?"

"You're going to have to be more specific, baby." Scott said, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Mitch covered his face with one of his hands. "The.. The.. Sex thing."

"You have a problem saying the word sex?" Scott said in disbelief.

"Well, I don't know. The other house referred to it as 'fucking' but I don't like that word." Mitch said quietly.

Scott set his snack down and looked Mitch in the eye, grabbing his small shoulders. "Let's not use that word."

"What would you like me to call it then, Sir?"

Scott kissed his forehead before meeting his eyes again. "When we do that 'thing' it is making love. Nothing less. Understood?"

Mitch nodded. "Making love."

Scott smiled at him. "Yes, Sweetheart."

He picked up his sandwich again, taking another bite.

He heard Mitch giggle again.

Scott didn't even say anything, just looked at him expectantly.

Mitch smiled. "Remember when you held me on your hip? I felt like a koala bear. Koala bears are so adorable!"

Scott stared at him until a small smile formed on his lips. "Yeah, baby. I remember. Want to be a koala bear again?"

Mitch's whole face lit up. "Yes please!"

Scott resisted rolling his eyes, and set his sandwich down again.

He picked Mitch up by the back of his thighs, holding Mitch on his hip.

Mitch wrapped his legs around Scott's body, and continued eating happily.

Scott smiled at him and then chuckled a little when Mitch finished his snack with a frown.

Mitch giggled and then held his fingers up. "Now you have to lick them clean again."

Scott shook his head fondly, but brought one of Mitch's delicate fingers into his mouth anyway.

When he looked back up at Mitch, he smiled. "If this is what it takes for you to eat, I'm never setting you down."

Mitch giggled. "Really? Can you carry me like this all day?"

"I probably could. But I-" He stopped as Mitch stared at his forehead. "What are you doing?"

Mitch smiled and leaned forward to kiss Scott's forehead. "I can kiss your head from up here. Like you always do to me."

Scott smiled at him when he pulled back.

Mitch set his head on Scott's shoulder for a minute. "Why do you kiss my head all the time?"

"Just to remind you that I love you whenever I can."

Mitch pouted. "I want to remind you too."

Scott smiled. "Don't frown at me. You look much prettier with a smile, darling. I already know you love me."

Mitch smiled a little but then frowned when he looked at his fingers. "C-Can I wash my hands?"

"If you say that again without the stutter, sure."

Mitch bit his lip for a second. "Can I wash my hands, Sir?"

Scott walked over to the kitchen sink and set Mitch down on his feet. "Why do you stutter, Sweetheart? There's nothing to be afraid of."

Mitch turned on the water and ran his hands under it for a little while. "I'm not afraid. I just don't like asking for things."

Scott wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist from behind and set his head on Mitch's shoulder. "Why not?"

Mitch leaned his head into Scott's. "Because I shouldn't be asking for anything. I'm just supposed to serve you."

Scott tightened his hold on Mitch's waist. "Mitchie.. I thought we got past this.. I'm nothing like your other Alphas. I think of you as my equal. I just take care of you. Anything you ever need, I would crawl to the ends of the earth to get for you. Your well being is all that matters to me."

Mitch turned off the sink, and just stared down the drain for a moment. "Well.. Thank you. I mean, that's really kind of you. I just.. I think the stutter is a habit."

Scott moved to grab Mitch a hand towel, and then put his arms back where they were. "And we'll work on that, won't we?"

Mitch nodded. "Of course, Sir."

*******