Chapter 29

That week dragged on, as Mitch took his suppressants every day.

Regretting it every time.

Scott looked just about as sad as Mitch felt every time he took the small pill.

But Mitch tried to pretend he was okay with it, so that maybe Scott could be okay with it.

Maybe he and Avi wouldn't argue so much.

Mitch hated when they would argue.

He and Kirstin would always have to hide down the hall because whenever their Alphas were angry, it was the Omegas job to comfort them.

But this was a fight between the pack.

A civil war, almost.

Kirstin always sided with Avi, and Mitch with Scott.

Leaving Kevin to just hide from all of them, or go visit Victoria.

What Mitch hated most of all, was that the arguing was about him.

He had caused this.

Well, Andrew had. Actually.

But Mitch took full responsibility.

And Scott always tried to pity him. Whenever he would take the pill in the mornings, Scott would say he was sorry.

Every. Single. Time.

And it makes Mitch feel worse each time.

*******

It was the day Andrew was coming for the follow up, that Mitch finally said something.

He took the pill and the glass of water from Scott, and swallowed his suppressant.

Scott mumbled a little, "I'm sorry."

Mitch glared at him. He set his water down, and finally said something, probably harsher than he'd meant to. "Sorry for what?"

Scott looked at the ground. "Making you take suppressants."

"It's really not your fault, and I don't know why you keep blaming yourself. You're just making me feel bad." Mitch said.

Scott looked up at him with confusion written all over his face. "How does that make you feel bad?"

Mitch sighed. "I don't want you to pity me. I want you to stop being mad at Avi. I want Kevin to be able to show his face around here without one of you getting mad that he doesn't agree with you. I just want everything to be okay again. Taking the suppressants really isn't that big a deal. I'm over it. Why aren't you?"

Scott opened his mouth, but then closed it again.

Mitch raised an eyebrow at him, and finally Scott answered. "It's not fair. You deserve a Heat as much as anyone else. Just because you're a number 8, doesn't mean you shouldn't be granted the privileges that everyone else-"

"What ranking are you?"

Scott looked confused again. "Okay. First, don't interrupt me. Second.. What?"

Mitch took a small step closer. "I won't interrupt you again, I'm sorry, Sir. But.. What ranking are you?"

Scott thought about it, and then shrugged. "I don't know. I think Andrew is supposed to talk about that today."

Mitch nodded. "Okay. Then we'll see."

"Why does it matter what ranking I am?"

Mitch shrugged, and looked away. "Just curious."

******

The five sat on the couch yet again, but this time there was an obvious tension.

Kevin sat uncomfortably in the middle of both couples, while Avi and Kirstin sat really close to each other, holding each other's hands.

Mitch was sitting somewhat diagonally on Scott's lap. Scott had a strong hold on Mitch's waist with one hand, and one hand's fingers tapping nervously on Mitch's thigh.

Andrew stood before them asking Avi tons of questions about his pack.

"Has the male Omega been taking his suppressants?" Andrew asked.

Avi nodded. "Every day."

"Good. Good. We are supposed to discuss rankings today. Is everyone good to go?" Andrew asked, glancing over the five of them.

Suddenly, Scott's leg starting bouncing up and down nervously.

Mitch tried to ignore it, and not say anything, but Scott's leg was staring to annoy Mitch's bum.

He leaned back against Scott's chest. "Alpha." Mitch said quietly.

Scott looked down at him while Avi continued to talk to Andrew. "What's wrong, love?" He whispered.

"Your leg." Mitch whispered back.

Scott stopped shaking his leg. "Sorry, sweetie."

Mitch sat up, but Scott pulled him flush against his chest again in a sort of hug.

Mitch looked back up at Andrew, who was raising an eyebrow at him. "Are you two done?"

Mitch nodded, and shrunk into himself. "I'm sorry, Sir."

Andrew shook his head at him. "Okay. Anyways.. Can the two Omegas come stand next to me?"

Both Kirstin and Mitch jumped up and stood on either side of Andrew. "Omegas are rated on a scale from one to ten. Ten being the best. Every number above six, is an Omega that can be impregnated."

Andrew held up the clipboard he brought, and pointed to Kirstie as he read off of it.

"This Omega is rated at a six. Her best qualities are; she's intelligent, honest, courageous and extremely caring. Her beauty is ranked at a four out of five." Andrew read.

Mitch looked at Kirstin with a wide smile when her beauty level was announced.

Andrew continued. "Her 'Reds' for punishments are canes, blood play of any kind, strangulation, and knives."

Avi nodded at the information.

Kirstin had already told him all of that.

And Christ, he would never use anything like that to punish anyone.

Andrew opened his clipboard and switched papers. He then pointed at Mitch, and began to read again.

"This Omega is ranked at a number eight. His best qualities are loyalty, trustworthiness, generosity and he is extremely selfless. His attractiveness is ranked four out of five, as well." Andrew read from the paper.

Scott nodded as he stared intently at Mitch, who was staring at the floor.

Andrew read on. "His 'Reds' for punishments are.. Actually. Mitchell, we don't have any 'Reds' listed. Oh, perhaps it was because of what happened with your other pack?"

Avi sat up straighter, and Mitch cringed.

Scott furrowed his eyebrows at Mitch's reaction to Andrew's words.

Andrew ducked his head down to try and look Mitch in the eye. "Want me to write any 'Reds' down for you?"

Mitch shook his head.

"Alright. You two are dismissed. Can I see the Beta?"

Both Omegas sat down on the couch again, as Kevin stood.

Scott looked at Mitch and opened his mouth, but Mitch interrupted him. "Please don't ask."

******