Chapter 140

Avi and his father glared at each other for a good ten seconds, before Kirstin's mother flew out of her seat to give him a hug.

Avi froze, unsure of what to do, before he let himself hug back.

She held him tightly. "Thank you for taking care of my little girl. Thank you.. Thank you so much."

Avi pushed her away gently and smiled. "Of course. It was my pleasure, really."

She smiled at him, eyes crinkling at the corners, and then she gave his cheek a kiss. "You're the perfect Alpha for her. Thank you."

Avi smiled as she sat back down, her husband putting his hands on her shoulders comfortingly.

Kirstin smiled at Avi, looking past the rest of the pack.

Kevin smiled. "Anything else? I'm about to start lunch, if anyone's hungry."

Avi watched in horror when he saw his father raise his hand again. "Avriel, have you been feeding your Omegas? The male Omega looks much too small."

Mitch wrapped his arms around himself while Avi tried to defend him. "He eats. Sometimes he eats more than I do. His body was just built small."

His father squinted at him. "If you say so."

Kevin's mother half raised her hand then. "I hope I'm not overstepping or anything.. But the blonde Alpha? I'm sorry dear, I forgot your name."

Scott quickly offered his name.

She smiled. "Scott! Of course. I'm sorry. Anyways.. Why aren't your parents here today?"

Scott set his jaw for a second, trying to figure out an answer. "They don't really.. Um. We don't talk very much anymore."

She gave him a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry to hear that.. They shouldn't turn their backs on family."

Kevin suddenly jumped in. "Mother. I'm sorry, but that is none of your business."

She nodded. "Of course. My apologies. Just know if you ever need anything, the Olusola's are here for you."

Scott smiled at her. "Thank you. And let me just say, you raised a fantastic son. Kevin is literally the glue that holds this pack together. Thank you for creating such an amazing Beta."

Kevin blushed a little, and his mother stood up to give Scott a little hug.

She pulled away and stood on her tip toes to give both of his cheeks a kiss. "God bless you, child."

He gave her a genuine smile, one that Mitch hadn't seen in a while.

Scott had almost forgotten how great mothers could be.

After she sat down, Avi turned to Kevin. "Would you like to start making lunch? I'll come get you if any questions concern you."

Kevin nodded and walked straight to the kitchen. "Yes, Alpha."

Mitch's father stood all of a sudden. "Scott, could I speak to you a moment?"

Scott instantly nodded and he pulled himself away from Mitch.

Mitch whimpered quietly at the thought of being left here to be judged by Avi's parents.

Scott smelled the fear quickly, and turned. "Mitchell, would you please help Kevin in the kitchen?"

Mitch let out a small breath of relief and practically ran to the kitchen. "Yes, Sir."

Scott then lead Mitch's Dad down the hall to he and Mitch's bedroom.