Chapter 35

Scott must've fallen asleep on that couch, because the next thing he knew there was light streaming in the windows.

Scott rubbed his eyes and looked down at Mitch to see him jolt awake.

Scott's low morning voice rumbled, "good morning, darling."

Mitch rolled over so the back of his head was against Scott's legs. He held a finger to his lips and pointed to the side of Scott.

Scott looked over and saw Avi asleep with Kirstin's head on his shoulder, asleep as well.

Scott looked down at Mitch and whispered, "Kevin?"

Mitch glanced around the living room, and put a hand over his mouth to stifle his giggle. He pointed to the floor, where Kevin lay on his back with an arm over his eyes.

Scott 'tsk'ed. Poor Kevin.

Scott smiled down at Mitch, who smiled right back.

Scott gasped suddenly. "Mitchie.. Wanna make breakfast?" He whispered.

Mitch gasped too and nodded excitedly.

Mitch quickly got up, and Scott followed suit.

"Wait.. Can we make breakfast without power?" Mitch whispered back.

Scott stopped, and sighed. "No, I guess not. We could go get some breakfast instead? Maybe stop by Starbucks?"

Mitch smiled wide. "Yes, please!" He whisper shouted.

Scott laughed quietly and chased Mitch down the hall to get ready to leave.

******

Now fresh, clean and clothed, the two boys sat in the car at about seven in the morning.

Scott was driving to Starbucks as he listened to Mitch talk.

"It was basically a pack sleepover! We all live in the same house, but we've never done something like that! Maybe next time we'll have power and we can watch movies or something." Mitch said excitedly.

Scott chuckled. "Yeah, maybe."

When they pulled in to the drive through, Mitch tugged on Scott's shirt sleeve. "I'm not allowed to have coffee, Sir."

"I know, baby. I've got it, don't worry." Scott said, before leaning out the window and ordering some breakfast sandwich things, along with two coffees, two frappuccinos, and one tea.

As they waited in line Mitch wondered out loud. "Why can't Omegas have coffee? And why does Kevin get tea instead if he's allowed to have coffee?"

Scott shrugged and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel. "Well I don't know about other Omegas, but you my dear, are just too small to have that strong of a dose of caffeine. Especially because you act like you've had four cups of coffee on a regular basis already. You really don't need it like us tired, stressed Alphas. Kirstin is probably the same."

Mitch nodded and listened attentively as Scott talked.

"As far as Kevin goes, he likes tea because he likes to be calm. With the kind of knowledge he has, no one really asked. We just figured he knew what was best." Scott explained.

Mitch nodded. "That's cool. I wish I was smart like that."

Scott looked at him and reached over to pat his thigh. "You're smart enough just the way you are. Kevin is a different kind of people. Just be glad you know him."

"I always am."

Scott nodded and smiled, as he finally reached the window to pay and gather their 'breakfast'.

******

When they got home, everyone was still asleep spread all around the living room.

Scott put all the items in the kitchen for later.

He just set them out on the kitchen table, in no particular way.

Mitch quietly asked if they could get a sharpie and write cute things on the cups, like they do in movies.

Scott of course agreed. And now here they were, writing all over their Starbucks.

Mitch wrote 'For Kevin. The smartest person in the world', on Kevin's tea, while Scott wrote a simple, but kind 'Sweetheart' on Mitch's cup.

Mitch then reached over and wrote 'To the nicest, most beautiful Omega ever. Kirstie :)'

Mitch smiled when he saw his cup, and wrote 'To my Alpha, best friend and soulmate', on Scott's.

Scott kissed Mitch's nose, and then looked at Avi's blank coffee cup. He whispered,"you forgot one."

"I didn't forget. I just don't want to write something he won't like."

Scott shook his head fondly and grabbed Avi's drink. "He'll like it. I promise."

Mitch pursed his lips, and then wrote 'To my bestest friend with the pretty green eyes. Our strong Alpha'.

He looked up at Scott for approval, and Scott smiled at him. "Perfect."

Mitch set the cup down with the rest of them.

Mitch gave Scott a big hug, and inhaled his scent while Scott did the same.

Just to check on each other.

Mitch pulled back and looked at Scott with furrowed eyebrows. "You hardly got any sleep."

"It's alright. I feel pretty good. Just need that coffee."

Mitch was very concerned, however. "Sir, how many hours of sleep did you get? We woke up at seven, if that helps."

Scott shrugged. "Six, I guess."

Mitch frowned. "Will you get more sleep tonight?"

Scott nodded.

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "Promise?"

"Yes, Mitchie. I promise."

******

After everyone woke up, they all filed in the kitchen and found their Starbucks.

Everyone picked up their things and began eating, but not before thanking Scott for their orders and Mitch for the cute little notes on their cups.

Avi even pulled Mitch in for a sideways hug, and kissed the top of his head, causing Mitch to giggle.

Kevin thanked Mitch several times for the note, and explained why tea was better when Mitch asked him.

Over all, it was a pretty good morning.

******