Chapter 88

Scott woke up to see Avi setting down a little breakfast and some soup on his bedside table.

Scott met Avi's eyes when he turned to leave.

Mitch jolted awake beside him.

Avi smiled at them. "Good morning. Just thought I'd bring you some breakfast."

Scott sat up and pushed himself against the headboard. "Thanks, Alpha."

"Yes, thank you!" Mitch added quickly, scooting himself up next to Scott.

Avi handed Scott the tray. "I loaded up the Omega's plate with proteins and calories. Hope that's okay."

Scott nodded and smiled at him. "That's perfect, actually. Thanks."

Avi nodded and went to leave, but Scott stopped him. "You want to eat with us?"

Avi shook his head. "That's okay. Thanks, though."

Mitch started eating his breakfast, but Scott continued to stare at Avi with concern. "You want to be alone or something?"

"Don't want to get sick."

Scott rolled his eyes. "Fine. Fine. Leave me alone with my lovely Omega. Your choice."

Avi began towards the door again. Before walking out, he turned again with a wink. "Don't get him sick by kissing him with your germs. Or anything else for that matter."

Scott scoffed. "If the bed is rocking, don't come knocking."

Avi slammed the door and shouted. "Scott Richard!"

Scott smirked and looked down at Mitch, who's eyes were wide.

Scott ducked his head down to meet Mitch's eyes. "You don't like my jokes?"

Mitch gulped nervously and looked over. "Well you're very blunt.."

Scott smiled. "I know. I'm just joking around, Sweetheart. I wouldn't force you into anything. Sorry if I embarrassed you."

Mitch ate something else and faced him again. "It's fine. I'm fine. I just want you to feel better."

Scott smiled and had some of his soup.

After a few minutes of silence, Scott finished his soup and set the bowl back on the table.

He looked back at Mitch, who still had a lot to eat.

Mitch pouted at him. "Do I have to eat all of this?"

"Yes, baby."

Mitch groaned quietly. "I'm not hungry. I'm really not. I know you think I'm too small, but I just don't eat that much."

Scott sighed and looked down at his plate. "Okay, fine. You eat that last piece of toast, and I'll eat the rest to give back to Avi. Deal?"

Mitch nodded frantically. "Deal."

Mitch took the toast off of the plate, before handing the plate to Scott who made quick work of eating the leftovers.

When Mitch finished, Scott was standing up to take the plates to the kitchen.

Mitch stood and helped him, ignoring Scott's protests. "Mitchie, I can do it myself."

"Sir, you're sick."

Both boys ended up carrying their own plates, regardless of the other's opinions.

Avi was sitting on the couch, book in hand, but when the two walked past him to get to the kitchen, he raised an eyebrow.