Chapter 147

Scott refused to let them take his Omega away without him going too.

Kevin stayed home with Esther and her mother, making sure the poor woman had everything she needed.

He helped her limp out to the living room so she could watch some television.

Then he sat Esther down with her and made them a meal.

Avi's mother was very grateful, and Kevin decided he and Esther could actually be pretty decent friends.

Avi's father led Avi, Scott and their Omegas down the street a little ways to find a small restaurant.

Mitch held Scott's hand the whole way, as they followed both of the Kaplan's down the sidewalk.

Kirstin just stayed as close to Avi as she could get.

Mitch started walking a little too close to Scott, and it made him stumble a little.

Scott looked down at Mitch. "Is something wrong, Sunshine?"

Mitch blushed a little and looked up at him. "I'm still wearing all this make-up..."

"You look amazing. Don't worry about it."

Mitch smiled and looked down at their intertwined hands. "Thank you... Are you sure? I feel like it's too much.."

"You barely have any make-up on at all. Anyone that doesn't know you, won't know any better. They'll just assume that's how you look. So don't worry about it." Scott said comfortingly.

Mitch nodded. "Okay.."

Avi grabbed Kirstin's hand when they crossed the street.

Scott followed them, Mitch's hand in his own.

Avi's dad held the door open for them, and then lead them to an open table.

Then he sat at the end of the table, while both Alphas sat beside him, and their Omegas beside them.

Mr. Kaplan pointed at Mitch. "I want to order that little one something big."

Mitch politely declined. "Please don't.. I don't think I would be able to eat all of it.. I would feel just terrible."

"Then you can finish it at home."

Mitch pouted and set his head on Scott's shoulder.

Scott kissed his forehead. "What do you say, Sweetheart?"

Mitch looked over at Avi's father. "Thank you for the offer, Sir."

Avi kept quiet while his father ordered everyone's drinks, and then their food.

Mr. K finally sighed and looked at Kirstin. "So, you and Esther are getting along well?"

She nodded. "Yes, Sir. She's so much fun to be around! And very very nice. Oh, and really pretty."

He chuckled. "Yes, she is. I'm glad you two are getting along. Do you like her more than Avriel?"

Kirstie quickly shook her head. "No. I mean there's nothing wrong with her, I just.. You know. I like her, But I love him."

Avi ran a hand over his face. "Why do you do that? Why do you ask such awkward questions?"

"I was just asking. Did I offend you, Avriel?" His dad asked with a sly smile.

Avi turned to look at him better. "You're trying to make me mad. You're setting me up to fail."

Mitch squeezed Scott's hand a little tighter under the table, and that's what made Scott speak up. "Can you two please not argue? Not here."