Chapter 120

That night, Avi was the last to go to bed.

He felt absolutely awful about what he'd done.

When he walked into his bedroom, all three of his Omegas were knelt on the ground by the foot of the bed in their Omega positions.

Scott, of course, looked very uncomfortable.

Kirstin was the only one that looked almost normal.

Mitch started trembling with fear as soon as Avi walked in, this caused a ripple effect.

Scott got angry, and his jaw locked. Kirstin could smell the anger, and it made her bite her lip to try to distract herself from it.

Avi closed the door, and sat down on the floor in front of them all.

Mitch flinched, and it hurt Avi's heart.

No one said anything for a minute.

Avi quietly started them off. "I'm sorry."

Mitch and Kirstin spoke at the same time, following protocol. "Sorry for what, Sir?"

Avi reached out to touch Mitch's hand, and he flinched.

Avi pretended not to notice, and grabbed his hand anyway. "I'm sorry for trying to force you into hitting your own Alpha. I'm very sorry. Please don't be afraid of me. Don't flinch away from me. I still love you, Mitchell. Very very much. I never meant to hurt you."

Mitch looked up at him with a small, genuine smile. "Thank you. I forgive you, Alpha."

Avi smiled at him and kissed Mitch's small hand.

Scott kept his head down, but his jaw was still locked.

Avi dropped Mitch's hand and scooted over on the floor to be closer to Scott.

Scott refused to look at him, and tried not to pull away when Avi grabbed his hand too.

Avi smiled at him. "I'm really sorry, Scott. I'm very sorry. I should've just punished you myself without dragging your Omega into it. I just.. I feel bad, so I'm going to be honest with you. And I'm embarrassed so I'm not going to repeat myself. I.. I was afraid to hurt you again."

Scott looked up finally. "Afraid? You don't get scared."

Avi scoffed and looked down at Scott's hand. "I wish that was true.. I get scared all the time. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I was just angry... I'm sorry."

Scott avoided his gaze again. "It's fine."

Avi gave his hand a small squeeze. "Is it too much to ask for an Omega answer?"

Scott sighed. "Mitchie?"

Mitch smiled at him. "Forgive him if you want. But you have to thank him."

Scott nodded and met Avi's eyes. "Thank you. I.. I forgive you."

Avi blinked at him, and then smiled. "Thank you.. I'm really sorry."

He kissed Scott's hand, and then dropped it.

Avi stood and helped Kirstin stand up. "Thank you for always being there for me.. Showing me what I'm doing wrong. You're everything I've ever needed. I am so grateful that you're in my life."

She gave him a hug, and smiled. "You're welcome, Alpha."

Scott stood and tried to help Mitch stand, but Mitch shook his head at him.

Scott looked hurt. "What?"

Mitch looked over at Avi. "I'm so sorry.. I have to let the Alpha do it.. I'm so so sorry.."

Avi pushed past Scott and helped Mitch up off the ground. "Good boy, Mitchell."

Scott frowned at him. "I hate being an Omega."

Mitch frowned right back. "I don't."

Scott turned around and frowned at Avi. "Can I be an Alpha again? I've had just about enough of this."

Avi smiled at him. "Nope."

Scott sighed and sat down on the bed. "I didn't know being an Omega was so difficult. I thought you were making me do this to help me relax. But I'm more freaked out than I've ever been."

Kirstin sat beside him and rubbed her hand up and down his back. "What happened?"

Scott's eyes flashed up to Avi.

Mitch sat down on the other side of him and then held his hand. "Was it because of what happened with The Alpha?"

Scott nodded. "That. Having to worry about what Avi wants all the time. The thing at the store. Having my Omega taken from me. Calling Kevin 'Sir'. Not being allowed to make any contact with my Omega until bed time. Sleeping right next to Avi. It's just.. God."

There was a moment of silence after that.

Mitch leaned into Scott's side a little. "What happened at the store..?"

Scott kept his mouth shut, so Avi jumped in. "We had a little incident.. Scott had your jacket on that day. So he smelled like an Omega.. And an Alpha confronted him. Tried to do some inappropriate things to him. But nothing happened. I was there, and everything turned out okay."

Scott didn't say a single word.

Mitch squeezed Scott's hand tighter. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that..."

Kirstin looked at him curiously. "How did it feel? Was it scary?"

"I just felt.. Helpless.. And then when Avi was yelling at me.. I was beyond terrified. I've never felt that way before.. From a powerful Alpha, to the weakest Omega in the house. Just like that."

It was quiet again.

Avi finally sighed. "Let's go to bed, okay? It's been a long day."

Mitch started to move, but stopped. "Alpha? Sir? I um.. I have a question about this new thing.. With um. With my Alpha.."

Avi stopped moving and looked at him. "Yeah? What is it?"

"Am I.. Since he's not supposed to be an Alpha.. Am I supposed to call him by his name? I don't want to disrespect him.." Mitch said hesitantly.

Avi glanced at Scott before answering. "Call him anything you want. It's up to you. This exercise is to improve his mindset. Not yours. You can still treat him like an Alpha. That's what Kevin's doing."

Mitch nodded and waited for Kirstin to scoot up the bed next to Avi.

Scott got up to turn off the lights, and then climbed up the bed to lay between Avi and Mitch.

Just when it seemed everything had calmed down, Avi sighed. "I love you guys.. You know that, don't you? I really do love you. I just get.. Upset sometimes. And I'm sorry."

No one answered, but they were all grateful for the things he said.

Suddenly, Kevin burst into the room in tears.

********