Chapter 70

After Alex and Travis had gone, Mitch was in a much better mood.

Seeing Alex again was just.. Unbelievable.

Travis was going around to all the cabins so he could personally explain what he was going to try to do for the packs in the area.

Mitch was now in the kitchen helping Avi make lunch.

He'd decided on making these cute little sandwich things.

Avi had all the plates, the bread, and the peanut butter out.

So he had basically finished, but he needed the jelly.

Mitch was running around putting things back, and getting things out for Avi.

He had just washed the knife covered in peanut butter, when Avi asked him to grab the glass jar of jelly out of the fridge.

Mitch nodded and went right to the fridge, hands still wet.

Unfortunately, his wet hands caused him to drop the jar.

Avi cringed when it made the loud shattering noise as the jar hit the ground.

Mitch covered his mouth with both hands and looked at Avi with wide eyes. "Sir, I am so sorry. I'm such an idiot.. I should've dried my hands.. I'm so sorry."

Avi just shook his head. "Don't call yourself names. There should be another jar in there. Hand that to me and then just clean up the stuff. It'll be like it never even happened."

Mitch hesitantly smiled as he carefully picked up the second jar of jelly.

He walked it over to Avi, and them turned to clean up the glass.

Avi opened the jar and glanced at Mitch. "Be careful, Mitchell."

Mitch nodded and began carefully picking up pieces of glass and throwing them away.

Avi was just about done putting jelly on the five sandwiches, when he heard Mitch yelp and then glass shatter.

Avi instantly set his stuff down and walked over to Mitch. "What happened?"

Mitch stood up to face him, holding up his bleeding hand. "I just.. The glass cut me a little.."

Avi grabbed his small hand and looked at it closely. "Oh, Mitchell. Go get Kevin. He'll clean you up."

"But, Sir, the mess-"

Avi put a finger to his lips. "Like it never happened remember? I'll clean it."

Mitch smiled at him and scurried off to find Kevin.

Avi shook his head at him as he left.

******

Kevin was sitting in his room reading something, when Mitch ran in. "K-Kevin..?"

Kevin looked up. "Yeah? Hey.. Are you okay??"

Mitch sniffled a little, but nodded. "I hurt my hand.."

Kevin closed his book and was up in a flash. "Aw, Mitchie.. How'd that happen?" Kevin asked as he led Mitch to the bathroom.

"I was cleaning up some glass.."

Kevin grabbed a large band aid out of the cabinet and gently held Mitch's hand under the water.

Mitch hissed at the burn of water in the cut. "Owie.."

Kevin smiled at him sympathetically. "I know. I'm sorry. Just a second longer."

Mitch whimpered. "Ouchie.."

Kevin pulled his hand out of the water finally. "Be careful how much pain you express.. Scott will come in here and strangle me if you keep it up.."

Mitch nodded. "Sorry."

Kevin dried his hand gently. He held up the cleaner so Mitch could see it. "This might sting a little. But don't worry, it fades away. I promise."

Mitch nodded, and then Kevin carefully dabbed a little on the cut on his hand.

Mitch whimpered again, but bit his lip.

Didn't matter though, because a red eyed Scott came flying in the room.

Scott growled. "Explain."

Mitch shivered at his tone. "I-I.. I got hurt." He mumbled like a child.

Scott's eyes faded back to blue. "What do you mean, baby?"

Kevin held up Mitch's hand, and the band aid he was holding. "Just a scratch, Sir. I'm taking care of it."

Scott grabbed Mitch's hand and pulled it towards his face. "You're going to tell me what happened as soon as Kevin's done. Understood?"

Mitch nodded, as Kevin began to put the band aid on the cut.

Scott growled at Mitch's silent answer. "Wrong."

Mitch's eyes widened. "I meant yes, Sir. I'm so sorry, Sir."

Scott just turned on his heel and walked into he and Mitch's bedroom.

Mitch exhaled in relief, and Kevin looked at him worriedly.

He patted his hand. "All done. Be careful, Mitchell. Even Scott will get fed up eventually."

Mitch nodded and looked down at the large band aid. "Thank you so much for helping me."

"If you start to see red on the band aid, come to me and I'll change it. Okay? Don't forget to tell Scott about the lunch Avi has prepared. Y'all can eat after he talks to you."

Mitch nodded, smiled and then walked out of the bathroom to find Scott.

********