Chapter 26

Avi walked down the hall and knocked on all three bedroom doors.

He waited in the middle of the hall until all the doors opened. "The new inspector is here. His name is Andrew."

All five of them walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch.

Andrew came out of the kitchen with coffee in his hand.

Mitch saw him and jumped out of his seat. "You can sit right here, Sir."

Andrew smiled at him. "No thank you. That's very kind of you."

Mitch smiled and looked at Scott for approval.

Scott was smiling proudly, and patted the seat next to him. Mitch sat down, and Scott put an arm over his shoulder. Scott whispered smoothly in his ear, "Good boy."

Mitch reached his hand up to intertwine his fingers with Scott's that were hanging down Mitch's chest.

Andrew smiled at them. "Hello, Pentatonix. So I have two Alphas, one Beta, and two Omegas here? Right?"

Avi nodded. "Correct."

Andrew nodded and set his coffee down on the table. "Let me see the Alphas. Please stand."

Both Scott and Avi rose from the couch.

Andrew looked them both up and down. He pointed at Avi. "You're the leader. But you," he pointed at Scott. "You, are very a powerful second in command."

Avi nodded. "Correct."

Andrew waved Scott over closer to him, and Scott obeyed.

Andrew then walked around him, and although it freaked Mitch out a bit, Scott stood very stiff and strong.

Scott's stance appeared very strong, and you could see all the muscles in his back.

Andrew hummed in thought. "The male Omega belongs to you, right?"

Scott nodded curtly. "Yes, Sir."

"Are you aware of when his Heat is?"

Scott glanced at Mitch, and then back at Andrew. "Of course, Sir."

Andrew looked at Mitch, and curved his finger at him, signaling him to stand up.

Mitch obeyed without hesitation and stood next to Scott.

Andrew gently pushed Mitch's head to his shoulder to look at the Mark.

Mitch allowed it, but Scott watched on with dangerous eyes.

Andrew stared at it for almost a whole minute. "Omega. Do you own suppressants?"

Mitch shook his head as much as he could from where it was pressed to his shoulder.

Scott looked very surprised by this. "Wait.. You don't have suppressants?"

Mitch glanced at him. "I don't.. I'm sorry, Sir. I didn't know you wanted me to have them.."

Andrew looked back and forth between them, and then let go of Mitch's head.

"Avriel. This Omega needs to take suppressants for his Heat." Andrew explained.

Avi nodded. "Of course."

Scott looked at Avi with wide eyes. "Wait, what? You want Mitch to put off his Heat? That doesn't seem very fair."

Andrew glared at him, and Scott glared right back.

Andrew scoffed. "Your leader agrees with me, and that means your opinion doesn't matter. Jesus, Avi do you let this happen all the time?"

Avi frowned. "Of course not."

Andrew shook his head. "I'll let you all sort this out. Your pack seems somewhat stable. I'll be back next week for a follow up before things go back to normal."

As he turned to leave, the five just stared at other members of their pack, until they heard the door close.

Avi broke the silence. "Scott, I know you're upset-"

"No. You know what, Avi, you don't know." Scott interrupted.

He looked at Mitch, and his eyes slowly began to change colors as he continued. "Your Omega gets to have her Heat. Mine doesn't. Mitchie doesn't get to have that, this time around. You're going to force him to take suppressants, and I don't even know why! Don't I have any say in this at all? You keep telling me how strong I am, and that I'm of the same ranking as you, but I never get treated like it!"

Avi sent Kirstin and Kevin away, as this didn't concern them, before facing Scott again. "Don't raise your voice at me. You are an Alpha. But you answer to me. I'm sorry your Omega has to suppress his Heat. I really am. But there's nothing I can do. Nothing either of us can do, actually. It's over our heads."

Scott groaned, and grabbed Mitch's arm before dragging him down the hall.

He pushed Mitch into the room and then slammed the door. "God, this is so unfair. I'm so sorry, Mitchie."

Mitch shrugged. "That's.. That's fine. It'll be okay. I'll have more Heats, Alpha."

Scott sighed sadly. "But this was going to be our first Heat together. You're not disappointed?"

Mitch hugged him from behind and rested his head on Scott's back. "Of course I'm disappointed. But I'm just trying to follow the rules and make the best of what will come of it."

Scott sighed again and grabbed Mitch's small hands from around his waist.

Then he turned around and hugged Mitch really tight. "We're gonna have to get you some suppressants."

*****