Chapter 109

Mitch was dragging a heavy suitcase down the hall, obviously struggling a little.

Scott had taken three or four trips down the hall with several suitcases, while Mitch was still working on the first one.

And before you think Scott's being rude, just know that Mitch snapped at him when he tried to help.

Scott finished taking all the bags towards the front door, and then decided Mitch was going to hurt himself if he kept it up.

Scott came up next to him, as Mitch struggled to pick the suitcase up. "Mitchie.. Let me help?"

"No.. You're hurt." Mitch said, again trying to pick the bag up.

Scott sighed and lifted the suitcase with his good arm.

Mitch whined, but Scott ignored him and set the bag with the others by the door.

Just then, Avi walked by and did the same.

Kevin was already packed and ready to go, that's just how Betas are.

Which you've probably figured out by now.

Everyone loaded themselves into the car, Avi only letting Scott help carry luggage if he used his good arm.

Kevin got himself set up in the back seat, and Kirstin sat in the passenger seat.

Mitch waited patiently for Scott to close the back of the car up so that he could give him a hug.

Scott was surprised at first, but then hugged right back. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I just wanted to hug you.. You're the kind of Alpha that Omegas dream about.. And I'm just.. Really grateful that you're mine." Mitch pulled away and blushed a little, Scott smiling down at him.

Avi watched the interaction, but turned his head when he heard someone call his name.

Travis was jogging towards them, Alex right behind him.

Alex came up to Mitch and gave him a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay.."

Mitch smiled and pulled back. "Can't get rid of me that easy, Kirk."

Alex looked at Travis and blushed a little, before looking back at Mitch. "Actually.. It's Bush now.."

"Alexander Bush! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Mitch said with a huge smile.

"Only got asked this morning.." Alex said, smiling right back.

Avi then smiled at Travis. "So you've got that going for you."

Travis smiled proudly. "Yeah. But um. I came over here to thank you.. For everything. We wouldn't have been able to take down The Counsel without you."

Avi waved a hand at him dismissively. "Oh, anytime. Just uh.. What do we do now? No Counsel.. No order. No leadership.."

Travis shook his head. "Silly, Avriel. Do you remember what you said to me the day I told you I was going to leave you to find another pack?"

Avi just blinked at him.

"You said throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack." Travis said fondly.

Avi smiled a little. "Yeah.. I remember that."

"Look at you now. You fucking did it. And your pack is one of the strongest in the whole country. Your pack took down the First Alpha. As of this moment, I don't think I would even challenge Scott's strength in any way. And definitely not yours. That's insane. And I just want to congratulate you."

Avi smiled and glanced at Scott for a moment. "Thanks, Trav. That means a lot coming from you."

Travis smiled. "Now if you'll excuse me.. I'm going to get fucking married!" He said excitedly.

Alex giggled and pecked Travis' lips. "Don't curse.."

Travis nodded, gave the Pentatonix Pack one last wave, and then they were off.

*******

Avi drove carefully as his entire pack was asleep in the car.

Kirstin fell asleep leaning on the window, her hand encased in Avi's.

Avi glanced in the rear view mirror to see Scott flat on his back, Mitch completely on top of him.

Scott's arms were wrapped tightly around his Omega, and Avi smiled.

No one would ever come between them.

He was sure of it.

Kevin was asleep in the very back of the car, a book over his face.

Avi wanted to laugh at the sight.

Mitch suddenly stirred and blinked himself awake.

He met Avi's eyes in the rear view mirror. "Morning, Alpha.."

Avi smiled. "Hey."

It's not morning... He wanted to say.

Mitch stared at Scott's sleeping face.

Avi smiled at them and then looked at the road. "You don't see him asleep very often, huh?"

"He looks peaceful when he sleeps... Probably because he's not so worried all the time.." Mitch said quietly.

"He does do that a lot, doesn't he? Quite a worrier." Avi replied with a smile.

Mitch nodded. "All the time.. How can I make him stop, Sir?"

Avi shrugged, eyes still on the road. "I don't think you can, Mitchell. That's just how he is."

"How who is?" Scott suddenly grumbled.

Mitch jumped, and Scott grunted as Mitch accidentally jolted his shoulder.

Mitch gasped loudly. "I'm so sorry, Alpha! I d-didn't m-m-mean to-"

"No stuttering. I'm fine." Scott said slowly, trying to wake up.

Avi kept a straight face as he watched the road.

Mitch frowned at Scott. "I'm sorry you got hurt again..."

Scott rubbed his eyes once and then held Mitch close to his body. "It happens. At least you're okay, right?"

"Why don't you ever worry about yourself..? It's not all about me.." Mitch asked quietly.

Scott closed his eyes and used a hand around the back of Mitch's neck to push his head into Scott's neck.

Mitch wanted to push the question, but decided against it.

Avi, however.. "Scott.. He's right."

Scott sighed. "Can we not do this right now?"

"Fine. But we're talking about this at home. You understand me?"

Scott should have argued, but he didn't. "Yes, Sir."

Scott kissed the top of Mitch's head, and felt him burrow closer to Scott's chest.

And in that moment, Scott decided that his once insecure little Mitchie..

Might be the only one strong enough to get him to take care of himself.

Even as strong as Scott was, being able to defeat the first Alpha...

He definitely wasn't strong enough to fix himself.

Could Mitch do it though?

All on his own?

I guess we'll see, won't we?

********