Chapter 57

Once everyone had woken up, they gathered in the living room.

Kevin had announced that today was the fifth day of the fifth month, and for the packs in this area that means that it's inspection day.

Not with the pack inspector, but the Alpha in each pack have to check their pack members and make sure they're healthy both mentally and physically.

Kevin sat on the couch between Kirstin and Mitch, while Scott stood next to them.

Avi came in the front door all of a sudden, with papers in his hands.

Avi nodded at Kevin. "Yeah, the other packs have started their inspections too. So we're good to go."

Avi flipped a few pages around and started with Kevin's. "Alright, Kev. I need you to take this written test really quick."

Kevin nodded and took the paper along with a pen, to begin the test.

Mitch looked over his shoulder and squinted at the questions. How could one person be so smart?

"Is that even English?" Mitch mumbled.

Kevin laughed and circled a few answers. "Yes, Mitchie. It is. It's just complicated English."

Mitch leaned away. "Ew."

Kevin laughed again and kept writing things.

Since Betas were purposefully intelligent, they were tested to make sure they were getting more intelligent every year.

And then his scores will be ranked against other Betas in the area.

After about ten minutes of respectful silence, Kevin handed his test back to Avi.

Avi nodded. "I'll compare this to the answers after I test the others. Alright lets see.."

Kevin nodded at this, and Avi flipped over another paper to find Kirstin's. "I need Kirstin. Stand up."

Kirstie did as told and lifted her shirt to show her stomach as soon as Avi asked her to.

Avi nodded and checked something off. "We just have to make sure you aren't getting too skinny. Alright, honey. I need your height and weight."

Omegas were too often abused, starved and everything in between. So most of their tests were just based on health.

Just checking weight and making sure there were no bruises that shouldn't be there.

Avi led her to a scale against the wall that he'd had Scott set up this morning.

Kirstie stood on it and smiled at Avi.

Avi wrote down her height, and then looked at her weight and smiled at her. "You're literally the perfect size, doll."

Kirstie got of the scale and clapped excitedly. "Yay! I passed and I didn't have to use my brain like Kevin."

Kevin laughed. "Education is really not that bad you guys."

"Keep telling yourself that." Mitch mumbled.

Scott leaned on the arm rest of the couch. "Be nice, Mitchie."

Mitch smiled at him. "I always am."

Scott smiled and patted one of Mitch's thighs. "I know."

Scott moved his hand, but Mitch grabbed it and set it back where it was.

Scott just smiled at him.

Avi walked back over to the couch, and Kirstin plopped herself back down next to Kevin.

Avi pointed at her with the pen he was holding. "I have to check your whole body later. I'll wait until I'm done with Mitchell and then you can do it at the same time. Understood?"

"Yes, sir." Was her immediate response.

Avi nodded curtly and flipped another paper. "Alright.. Mitchell. Please rise."

Mitch stood up and walked so that his back was to the rest of the pack.

He lifted his shirt so that only Avi could see his stomach.

Avi smiled and wrote something down. "Still skinny as Hell, Mitchell."

Mitch smiled. "Born this way, Sir."

Avi shook his head fondly. "Okay, okay. Get your skinny ass on the scale."

*******

I MIGHT HAVE TO DOUBLE UPDATE AGAIN THIS WAS SHORT.

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY